DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We came to dance lyrics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

We came to dance lyrics Empty
PostSubject: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:30 am

In We Came to Dance Brian sings "do the jump back jack, stop and slide to the right" but according to the lyrics sheet it's "like tomorrow the whole world would catch up on fire". Does anybody know why?

Both are references to Springsteen songs. The jump back jack is from thundercrack "She does this thing she calls the "Jump back Jack"" and catch on fire is (probably) from Zero and Blind Terry "Like tomorrow the earth was gonna catch on fire".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Maybe he just fancied a change. None immediately spring to mind, but I think there are some other examples of where lyrics have been changed from the lyrics sheets to the songs.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah but how early did they make the sheets then? Since it's jump back jack even in the demo
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:13 am

Maybe they just thought another Bruce reference would be cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:58 am

thecosmickid wrote:
Yeah but how early did they make the sheets then? Since it's jump back jack even in the demo

Is there a demo for We Came To Dance?
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes, it's in the sink or swim demos

We came to dance lyrics Gaslig11
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:07 am

Brian: "This song is about New Brunswick. The joke is that ‘The very best dancers around’ is Lifetime. You get it?"
what is that supposed to mean? scratch
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:11 am

Lifetime is a band from New Jersey who had a record called Jersey's Best Dancers.

We came to dance lyrics Lieftime

Check it out
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 am

I knew about the band but not about the album. is it any good? im gonna check it out some time. but still, is Brian making fun of them or something? Razz
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 pm

paying homage.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 am

Bea wrote:
I knew about the band but not about the album. is it any good? im gonna check it out some time. but still, is Brian making fun of them or something? Razz

Yeah it's good. Fast melodic hardcore with emocore influences.

It's a tribute, but it's not exactly dancing music so I think the joke is about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We came to dance lyrics   We came to dance lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We came to dance lyrics
Page 1 of 1