DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smoking Popes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

Smoking Popes Empty
PostSubject: Smoking Popes   Smoking Popes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:53 am

any love for the Popes on the board? i first heard about them when a few bands that i liked were on a Smoking Popes tribute album. by that time they had broken up, but i remember checking out some of their stuff and not really being that into it.

fast forward more than half a decade, and now i'm getting hooked on them. i used to work w/a guy who was totally into The Smiths and Morrissey, and i think getting used to his voice helped me get used to the Smoking Popes singer, who has a (somewhat) similar style.

anyways, after about a decade of being broken up, they got back together and put out a new record last year. any thoughts?

i know that a while back, stupendoussven put "rubella" on his mixtape, so i know that at least a few of you should have heard some of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shipyards
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shipyards

Smoking Popes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Popes   Smoking Popes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:49 am

Whilst sorting through my vinyl-mass I came across a copy of "Need You Around"- it was a fine single, not sure why I didn't check out more of their work?!? Will do now Smile
Back to top Go down
Crockin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Crockin

Smoking Popes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Popes   Smoking Popes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Been listening to them a lot recently, let's hear it for heartache, eh!

Shame there isn't much info on them or pictures of them around on the internet or anywhere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/crockin
Sponsored content

Smoking Popes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Popes   Smoking Popes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoking Popes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: