DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SoS Demo CD-R (?)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:26 am

I came across this recently. What's the story behind it, as I'd not heard of it before.

SoS Demo CD-R (?) SoS%20Demo%20CD

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:43 am

Not got the cd itself but I have the songs on my laptop, I'm sure someone on here quite a while ago posted up a link with them on, am sure there was another as well.

They're just much rougher versions of the songs, quite cool to have them though, obviously fairly rare.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:47 am

Back to top Go down

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:00 am

Steady do you own that demo CD?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
They're just much rougher versions of the songs, quite cool to have them though, obviously fairly rare.

Was it sold at gigs or given away as promo by the band? Any idea on numbers?

Interestingly, the track order differs from the SoS Demos vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:48 am

and they spelled "Navesink" wrong
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:37 am

Tomaldo wrote:
Steady do you own that demo CD?

I do now 👽, as I just won the item on ebay.

Apologies for not advertising that it was up for sale, but I didn't want to needlessly drive up the price Twisted Evil .
Back to top Go down

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:01 am

How much did you buy it for?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:38 am

I imagine this was a promo to send out to various media outlets for review as I cant imagine it would be very economical to send vinyl.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 am

Tomaldo wrote:

It cames bundled with the the SoS Black/Green Split Vinyl and I paid $ 41.50 for the lot, so that's about $ 25 for the CD-R.

I'm really pleased, as I'd never come across it before (and I don't collect TGA vinyl by the way, except vinyl only releases). Still don't know how many were issued, but thrilled to have one anyway at the price. As a non vinyl TAG collector, it matters more to me that the SoS black.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:40 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Tomaldo wrote:

It cames bundled with the the SoS Black/Green Split Vinyl and I paid $ 41.50 for the lot, so that's about $ 25 for the CD-R.

I'm really pleased, as I'd never come across it before (and I don't collect TGA vinyl by the way, except vinyl only releases). Still don't know how many were issued, but thrilled to have one anyway at the price. As a non vinyl TAG collector, it matters more to me that the SoS black.

Im still convinced this was a promo CD-R would explain the reveresed track listing etc. I cant find anything about this being bundled and retailed with the green black split.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

kieran wrote:
I cant find anything about this being bundled and retailed with the green black split.

The guy who sold it on ebay offered it as one lot with a copy of the green black split. I didn't mean they initially came bundled. I had to buy one to get the other. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Back to top Go down

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 pm

I want one...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:21 am

I am still trying to get more info on this. Just because it is called 'Sink or Swim Demo '06' doesn't mean it was actually 'released' in 2006. It could have been released as a gimmick after the proper SoS album came out.

I am asking because I currently list it first in my TGA discography, though I am not really sure of its release date.

If anyone speaks to the band at a forthcoming gig, maybe you could ask them for me.
Back to top Go down

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:58 am

Steady I would have thought you had it right with a Demo coming before the SoS album. It seems unlikely they'd release something such as this after the proper album came out if you ask me- it seems 'homemade'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SoS Demo CD-R (?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoS Demo CD-R (?)   SoS Demo CD-R (?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoS Demo CD-R (?)
Page 1 of 1