DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Analyze: The '59 Sound

Go down 
+21
Bea
media
Vibes
jerseyben
steph
Stevearm
MCStevepants
Shallow
ktp
backpackrocker
Prisoner
carson
Jukebox Romeo
liveit
LittleJonnyHormone
PatientFabiWheel
syebot
dandangoose
JoshRaymond
Stalls_Standing
e7c
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:12 pm

That's brilliant. Obviously the amp to have then...
Back to top Go down
media
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
media

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

does anyone else hear marleys chains they forged in life at the end of film noir? (not the line, but the literal sound of chains clanking together.)
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm

yep, you can hear them through the album a few times if you listen closely Wink
Back to top Go down
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:47 pm

1. What are Marley's Chains: Remember how in a Christmas Tale there was a ghost with a chain, or in some story there was a ghost with a chain, I can't remember rite now, but that's what I think of (Just reread the replies and it looked like I stole syebot's answer, I didn't just the way my mind works.)
2. What is the '59 sound: Either the model of the car, or a song he liked to listen to from 1959
3. What is the song/words/name and reasons that is mentioned in the last verse: I don't know but I'll look into it
4. Who died: A friend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 am

I agree. It could mean the total opposite of what it means to Brian then what it means to someone listening to the song. They become our own in a sene. I think it's great Brian is not an open book like alot of musicians nowadays. I don't know about you, but I like the air of mystery and the tangled lyrics. If he told us the meaning then the outlook on the song wouldn't be the same. I remember an interview where Brian was confused when a fan told him that he thought 1930 was about a war veteran when in actuality it was about a family member. I've been listening to alot of Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Bobby Womack, and Donny Hathaway. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
langezaalf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:07 am

I just found found this website and it's great guys. Im writing a paper actually for a class about this band on this song and ive been doing research on this song. I can help you out with the song title '59 sound refers to a tremendous year.In 1959 a plane crashed, which claimed the lives of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson and the pilot, Roger Peterson. Three of Rock and Roll's most promising performers were gone. And As Don McLean wrote in his classic music parable, American Pie, it was "the day the music died." I think gaslight really brought emotion back to music which was lost so many years ago.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 am

langezaalf wrote:
I just found found this website and it's great guys. Im writing a paper actually for a class about this band on this song and ive been doing research on this song. I can help you out with the song title '59 sound refers to a tremendous year.In 1959 a plane crashed, which claimed the lives of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson and the pilot, Roger Peterson. Three of Rock and Roll's most promising performers were gone. And As Don McLean wrote in his classic music parable, American Pie, it was "the day the music died." I think gaslight really brought emotion back to music which was lost so many years ago.

I've read the thing about the Buddy Holly reference before, but I've never read/heard Brian say that.
I thought it was referencing to Zach only
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:40 pm

The first like 10-15 times i heard the 59 sound song i would cry like a little bitch haha! incredible lyrics and song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:54 pm

The first 10-15 times I heard the song I thought it was boring. Mostly because of the production. I think it's a little bit too soft and lacks a bit of edge. Still, great song and fantastic lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: The '59 Sound   Analyze: The '59 Sound - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Analyze: The '59 Sound
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3