DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Empty
PostSubject: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm

There's a new pressing of Sink or Swim on non transparent clear with blue outta 300. This is to compensate the loss pressing plant took for destroying some of the 4th Euro pressing due to skipping problems! Gunner has these for sale through his myspace page. (as usual). My copy came to 16 euros or roughly $23.50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 am

Out of 300 is nice, but I'm avoiding duplicates! Does Gunner not have his own webstore?
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:51 pm

No, He just has his catelog on his myspace and you just send gunnar a message and tell him what you want. He also has the red satq 10". I might order that if he has any cool european tour posters. He gave me the european satq tour poster. Its sick!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Is there any other ways to tell this pressing apart from the initial clear with blue splatter which is out of 200, I have one of the pressings, I'm just wondering which one it is, and looking to get the other one but buying off the internet it is hard to see whether the record is crystal clear or cloudy clear from a picture. Would appreciate if anybody could help me
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Pasted below is a post from vinyl collective about the differences between the crystal clear and opaque versions. I think it's pretty hard to tell the difference without getting a good look at the record:

I have both of these, but I couldn't get a picture that made it easy to tell them apart enough to identify which one you have. It's a very subtle difference, but you can tell them apart when you're holding them in your hands. The best advice I can give you is to compare yours to the clear US variant (4th pressing), which I'm assuming you have. Look at the outer edge of each record (outside of the grooves); the clear US variant has the same transparency as the clear w/ blue springe Euro variant. The opaque Euro variant is murkier. Hope that helps! If I can get a better picture, I'll post it on here.

http://www.vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=sale&thread=58775&page=1
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:31 pm

I don't have the Gunner pressing of the clear SOS to compare it to, I have the Hellbent pressing of clear. But I guess I will have to get the Gunner one to compare with before I try and get the pressing of clear with blue I don't have

Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
OutOfStep
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutOfStep

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
I don't have the Gunner pressing of the clear SOS to compare it to, I have the Hellbent pressing of clear. But I guess I will have to get the Gunner one to compare with before I try and get the pressing of clear with blue I don't have

Thanks for your help

That was my post on Vinyl Collective describing the differences. You can go with the same method using the Hellbent variant of clear. I just compared it to the Gunner clear, and they both have basically the same level of transparency.
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/chrisjhatfield1983
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:00 pm

OutOfStep wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:

Thanks for your help

That was my post on Vinyl Collective describing the differences. You can go with the same method using the Hellbent variant of clear. I just compared it to the Gunner clear, and they both have basically the same level of transparency.

Ok thanks thats brilliant I shall now go check, thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
OutOfStep
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutOfStep

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
Ok thanks thats brilliant I shall now go check, thanks for your help

The difference is subtle, but you can definitely tell them apart when looking at them side by side. If you still need the CLEAR/blue splatter, there's one on eBay now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150619994350&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If you are needing the replacement OPAQUE/blue splatter, Gunnar may still have some left. He doesn't have them listed in the webstore, but I know he had some left as of 6-8 months ago. I e-mailed him about it and he added one to my order. You may want to give that a shot, because the opaque is very hard to track down. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/chrisjhatfield1983
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 am

Right, so I ordered what was advertised at the Opaque/blue splatter replacement but I have just received it and it seems to look the same as the clear with/blue splatter I already had. Would I definitely know if there where different?
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 am

Are the etchings the same on the clear/blue platter and opaque/blue splatter?

Also is there any difference between the two variations when played?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue   New  SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New SOS Euro pressing : Non-transparent clear with blue
Page 1 of 1