DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broadway Calls

Go down 
+7
thomas94
vamike
colmillionaire
Palmer89
Jukebox Romeo
JoshRaymond
Vibes
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Whoa!

Where have these guys been all my life? Anyone else into them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Yeah dude these guys are awesome can't wait for there new album
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:46 pm

A new track came out, I don't know if you've heard it. It's called Be All That You Can't Be
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:12 am

Midnight Hour is streaming on their SideOne page too. both the new songs are sooo good
Back to top Go down

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Vibes wrote:
Whoa!

Where have these guys been all my life? Anyone else into them?

I hadn't heard of them before the track you posted on your website showed up on my tumblr dashboard. But they're fantastic. Definitely looking forward to their new album.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Midnight hour is awesome...as is the other song actually.

This new album seems more pop punk.

Downloaded their debut album at the same time as Gaslights...for some reason these guys never caught on.

Perhaps Gaslight over shadowed them at the time, still got their album and listen to it occasionaly, it's not half bad.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:57 pm

their b-side the call out is up for download link is on their myspace, really really solid
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:33 pm

oops my bad its here

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=134&title=free_exclusive_broadway_calls_mp3&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:32 am

new album is fucking good.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 am

^ What he said.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Never heard of them before I read the thread.

But all songs of them I listened to were ok or really nice.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:36 pm

im not sure how i feel about this new album

it kinda feels like its lacking the energy there s/t had
Back to top Go down
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 pm

I agree, it's good but the edge seems to be missing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:45 am

I first saw them at Warped Tour last year, and they were awesome. I met two Matt, the bassist, and Robert, the drummer. They're really cool guys, unfortunately I didnt get a chance to meet Ty, Guitar/Vocals. I got their self titled record a few days after that and I was hooked. They make good, raw, energetic pop punk. They sound like Dookie era Green Day in my opinion. I cant wait to see em again in Philly with Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Never heard these guys before, but I like! Good stuff, cohesive lyrics, high energy. Takes me back to my Offspring/Sum41/Blink182 days Smile
You know what's retarded, though? People in the YouTube comments section of their songs are whining that they like Broadway Calls less just because Pete Wentz said he liked them. How lame is that? You should like what you like, regardless of who else are fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Be All That You Can't Be is damn good, might have to get this album, didn't really get into the first that much, save our ship is a great song though.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm

tdawg, I'm glad someone else sees the Blink-182 comparison. I was just in the car going "These guys remind me a tiny bit of Blink."
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:11 pm

I keep hearing constantly good things. Will have to check them out. Saw yesterday that they are opneing the NME/Radio 1 tent at Reading festival the same day as Gaslight are playing that stage. I think they might be supporting Polar Bear club to.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Been listening to the album all night, think I didn't give them a good enough chance first time around, brilliant album.

Will need to get the new album.

That day at Reading is brilliant, Broadway Calls, Gaslight, Frank Turner and Lostprophets.

If only I had the money.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Meh imo Reading fest isnt worth the money they are asking. If it wasn't for the lock up stage I would be selling mine even then they are acts that I have seen before mostly at Reading.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Very true.

I used to think it was worth it, £70 for a day ticket is ridiculous let alone the weekend tickets, those 4 bands together would probably charge a totla less than that and play longer sets.

Went last year, first time seeing Gaslight which I would have paid £200 for anyway but wouldn't do it again, was a good experience but camped on wednesday, by thursday just wanted the music and monday just wanted to get home.

Was fun in between that but not worth the money unless by chance every band you really want to see.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:48 am

New album is pretty good, still probably prefer the first although this is definatly going to play a bit more on my playlist.
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:00 am

To The Sheets is my new favorite song by them. I can't wait until their new record comes out, I heard a leak of it and its phenomenal
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Broadway Calls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broadway Calls   Broadway Calls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broadway Calls
Page 1 of 1