DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Stupid Job/Life

Go down 
+9
tdawg
bradcooke
kieran
steady now steady now
Palmer89
steph
lighthousebob
ktp
redd
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
redd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redd

Your Stupid Job/Life Empty
PostSubject: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:49 am

How do you earn your meals? Where do you waste your days? Are you still living in locker hallways? and can we see it?

i love my job. i work/play here:

Your Stupid Job/Life 6010_1121508769828_1590354925_30280630_4570035_n
note: It doesn't look so stark in the summer. Winter is hard on us all.

Your Stupid Job/Life 6010_1115519140091_1590354925_30262018_608163_n
Mondays are trivia night. That's 3/4 of my team. That shit is no joke, and yes, we had those shirts made.

Your Stupid Job/Life 6010_1116256238518_1590354925_30264677_102552_n
and drinks on my 30th bday.

Your Stupid Job/Life 6010_1116257478549_1590354925_30264686_3257482_n
too many drinks on my 30th bday.

so if you're ever in Richmond VA.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 pm

haha nice one! i live in south west london near wimbledon. in a flat share, they aint my mates i just found them on the internet! luckily none of them turned out to be psychos so all's good! the only pic i have is from when we had really heavy snow - this is the view from the balcony by the front door:

Your Stupid Job/Life Snow_f10

i work as a men's shirt designer designing & supplying to h&m, zara, topman, burtons, river island, guess jeans........... i design the fabric, style the shirts and also decide what's going to be on trend for the next season so currently starting work on autumn/winter 2010/11. get to travel quite a bit too to india, florence, barcelona, berlin and amsterdam. yay!

my money mainly goes on gigs and going to modern jive classes where i dance the night away! Smile here's me dancing in a street fair in central london with one of my dance partners!
Your Stupid Job/Life Dancin10

and that's me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
redd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redd

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 pm

"they aint my mates i just found them on the internet"

that's pretty funny. sounds like a line from The Streets. i like it.

that snowy picture it really beautiful, it makes me think of winters in my hometown. i miss it a little.

also, your job sounds awesome and i'm a bit envious of your dancing. i'm a pretty terrible dancer.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:26 pm

haha i know! love the streets! 'fit but my gosh, don't you just know it?!'
the snow was amazing, it hardly snows in london then i wake up to that one day and the whole city stops! it was crazy! no buses or trains were running for the whole day!
i've found out with the dancng - as long as you pair up with a guy who can really lead you you'll look better than ginger rogers! Wink
gotta love pub quizes, i go to a few but not gone as far as to get t-shirts made up (yet!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:01 pm

For me pub quiz night is Tuesday- me and my buddies get thrashed every week, because it's aimed at old people. We have only ever had one considerable advantage, and that was when they themed one round on Professional American Sports teams!

I only dance when I'm absolutely wasted, for the record- so much so I hope neither I nor anyone else will remember it in the morning!
Back to top Go down
redd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redd

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Tomaldo wrote:

I only dance when I'm absolutely wasted, for the record- so much so I hope neither I nor anyone else will remember it in the morning!

yes. agreed.

I play with the same Jerktown team every Monday night, i'm the only girl, so the back of my shirt says "The Woman." We also have "The Doctor," "The Asian," and "The Drunk."

my number is 4. but i wish i'd thought to get 80085, you know, like boobs, heh, because i'm pretty much 12.

we definately perform better as a team when we're not drinking (so much). We play for small prizes but really it's for bragging rights and team high fives.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 am

my task at the pub quiz is just to sit there and look pretty (Razz) i tend to know the answer to 1 (or 2 on a good day) question and that's me done for the night! lame!
Back to top Go down
lighthousebob
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:16 am

Tomaldo,we do not get thrashed every week we've not come last for two weeks now.

i blame you and your lack of 60's music knowledge.

humph
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:07 pm

ktp wrote:
haha nice one! i live in south west london near wimbledon. in a flat share, they aint my mates i just found them on the internet! luckily none of them turned out to be psychos so all's good! the only pic i have is from when we had really heavy snow - this is the view from the balcony by the front door:

Your Stupid Job/Life Snow_f10

i work as a men's shirt designer designing & supplying to h&m, zara, topman, burtons, river island, guess jeans........... i design the fabric, style the shirts and also decide what's going to be on trend for the next season so currently starting work on autumn/winter 2010/11. get to travel quite a bit too to india, florence, barcelona, berlin and amsterdam. yay!

my money mainly goes on gigs and going to modern jive classes where i dance the night away! Smile here's me dancing in a street fair in central london with one of my dance partners!
Your Stupid Job/Life Dancin10

and that's me Smile

*ahem* i believe the thread is titled "your STUPID job/life" no fair bragging about your awesome job and traveling and such!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:08 pm

haha sorry! i'll go and make my life dull starting from.......now! Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:14 pm

ktp wrote:
haha sorry! i'll go and make my life dull starting from.......now! Razz

make sure you post really dull pictures, too
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:08 am

are these better?!
Your Stupid Job/Life N5042610
a steam fair near my parents house in the countryside!
Your Stupid Job/Life N5042611
a carboot sale in the rain when i was VERY hungover
Your Stupid Job/Life 4322_710
the 1st football stadium my boyfriend dragged me to on holiday
Your Stupid Job/Life 4322_711
the 2nd football stadium my boyfriend dragged me to on holiday! *yawn*

hope that was dull and rubbish enough for you!
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:59 am

Bills...damn bills.

Just moved in with my girlfriend, got a bill of £75 each from my last uni place despite having left a month early to avoid such bills, no money and bills, no student loan for a few months yet either.

And have to find a little temp job...reality is bliss!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:36 pm

those work...i like the hungover pic, haha. man, even seeing a picture of someone yawning makes me yawn. im such a follower.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:45 am

haha glad i was able to make my life more sucky! tho the hungover one concerns me - my proportions are all wrong! who'd have thought drinking alcohol could shorten your body and lengthen your legs?! they should warn you about that on the bottle! :S
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:07 am

steph wrote:
*ahem* i believe the thread is titled "your STUPID job/life" no fair bragging about your awesome job and traveling and such!

yes, but ... redd, who started the thread, wrote: "How do you earn your meals? Where do you waste your days? Are you still living in locker hallways? and can we see it? i love my job."

still making up my mind whether to reply
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:15 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
steph wrote:

yes, but ... redd, who started the thread, wrote: "How do you earn your meals? Where do you waste your days? Are you still living in locker hallways? and can we see it? i love my job."

still making up my mind whether to reply

Alright, alright, so maybe I'm just a Bitter Betty wishing I had a job I loved and such!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Steph - put some pics up! i'm sure it aint that bad and it's great seeing other people's lives! Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 pm

My digital camera's broken right now, and I don't have any recent pictures on my computer...but I'll post some soon, I guess it's only fair!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 am

Here's my adorable doggies

Your Stupid Job/Life MisfitResized-1Misfit

Your Stupid Job/Life JelloResized and Jello

Skiing w family

Your Stupid Job/Life StephsPix001-3

and the fat lip I got from not wearing chapstick with SPF while skiing
Your Stupid Job/Life FatLipResized-1

My friend Erin and I @ the Gaslight show in Atlanta

Your Stupid Job/Life Beforegaslight
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:37 am

awww how cute are your dogs?! i'd love a dog but i guess living in a flat in london's not the best palce to keep one! unless i'm like paris hilton and get a little one and keep it in a handbag?!

never been skiing, always looks so much fun you lucky thing! ouch about the fat lip though!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks. Yeah, maybe you should look into getting a hamster instead.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:06 am

Nah get a pet rat they are far more affectionate. I used to love having pet rats but I cant now because of the dog.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:34 am

My stupid job has me working right now instead of seeing Social Distortion.
I'm strongly considering burnin this bitch down. Soooo ridiculous
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:33 pm

I'm bummed b/c I keep getting so close to another TGA show, but I can't go. They won't be down in Texas again for the near future, but I ended up visiting my parents this week in Connecticut, not real far from New Jersey. Turns out TGA is playing a festival there, but I don't have anyone to go with and I'd have to spend $85 to see the one band. Plus, I'd have to go through some crappy Manhattan traffic to get there.
Then in October, a friend of mine is getting married in Wisconsin (she happens to be a TGA fan too), and they're playin a show there the Sunday before the wedding! But... I'm in school and I think I'll be hard-pressed to skip out for a week of classes. Plus, I don't even know if I can afford the airfare.
Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Stupid Job/Life   Your Stupid Job/Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Stupid Job/Life
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next