DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lollapalooza After-Party

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Lollapalooza After-Party Empty
PostSubject: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:12 am

just found out about this today. looks like the only way to get tickets is via q101 at their events in chicago. any help or info on getting into this would be GREATLY appreciated.

from http://doubledoor.com/shows.php

Saturday Aug. 8 • Doors 10pm Show 11pm • FREE SHOW / WIN TICKETS ONLY!
Bud Light and Q101 Present an Official Lollapalooza Afterparty With...
The Gaslight Anthem
Constantines

Tickets available through Q101! CLICK HERE to find out how to win tickets to this show!
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:47 pm

A friend of mine in Chicago picked me up a ticket to this yesterday. Hooray for a free show.
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:24 am

ral were you there??? anyone else??? the show was totally insane!!!
here are a few pix from twitter

http://twitpic.com/d93al/full

http://twitpic.com/d973f/full

and a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MNytp2vMSo
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 pm

yeah, i was there. ended up right in front of brian and probably show up in that casanova vid, didn't watch the whole thing though.

anyways, small venue, super hot and a greaaaat show. band seemed in great spirits and you could tell they were glad to be playing a non-festival show. they soundchecked for quite a while beforehand too. don't remember all of that but they definitely played 1930, wooderson, high lonesome, story of my life by social d, part of baba o'riley by the who and some ac/dc song.

here's the setlist for the show
high lonesome
casanova, baby!
old white lincoln
even cowgirls get the blues
the '59 sound
film noir (this and the next 2 might be out of order, not 100% sure but i think this was the order)
we came to dance
miles davis and the cool
blue jeans and white tshirts
great expectations
meet me by the river's edge
boomboxes and dictionaries
here's looking at you, kid
backseats

encore:
navesink banks
i coulda been a contender
stand by me -> i'da called you woody, joe
angry johnny and the radio (w/ straight to hell by the clash)
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:24 pm

They played Story of my Life?!?!?!?! And Baba O'Reilly? Shit I hope there are videos. Those are two of my favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm

those were just in the soundcheck, so i doubt there's a recording. we listened from outside. when i asked for baba during the show, brian strummed the chords for the chorus and then said they didn't know that one. what a tease.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Damn. I heard them warmup in the soundcheck with Third Eye Blind's Semi-Charmed Life and RHCP's Soul To Squeeze.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:52 pm

wow, nice. it'd be fun to get a couple crazy covers at a show eventually. hate to be the guy that requests a cover but they end up sounding so great.

photo i found from last night...
Lollapalooza After-Party 5211_1184739051928_1031803746_562005_1150679_n
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:36 am

before they played backseats, brian said something along the lines of "i don't usually do this but i'm going to tell you what this one's about" and most of that is included at the start of this video.

Back to top Go down
jerseyben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jerseyben

PostSubject: Set at Double Doors   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 pm

After a long Day 2 of Lollapalooza, my cousin and I made our way over on the Blue Line to get over to Damen and Milwaukee for Gaslight's show at the Double Door bar. We were stuck on a train that was beyond max capacity and we wreaked from a day of moshing and sweating in the first row of almost all the band's we saw throughout Saturday. As we got off our stop, to our delight, we found that the small Double Doors bar was right across the street. We did not have tickets or a solid plan of getting in, but we figured we got there early enough that we could find a way in through a backdoor or slip past security. As we approached the building there were three people working the door and a bouncer that was reminiscent of Big from MTV's "Rob and Big". As we approached the door I saw a sign that said you were required to have an ID and I did not bring my ID to lolla as I did not want to drop it at one of the stages with no hope of ever recovering it. The lady at the door gave me a real hard time and said I wasn't allowed in. My cousin had his id and weasled his way in the front door much to my dismay. I went around back to see if I could find an opening a door back there as I did not want to have any altercations with the "Big" look a like. I found two doors with menacing security signs and some cameras so I began to abort that mission. I went behind the next connecting building and came across of a contingent of Chicago rats in a basement of a staircase. While they were not your New York City rats that compare more closely to small cats, these were also not your pet shop loveable rodents. I made my way back up front of the building to find out that I would absolutely not be able allowed in without any id. My cousin was blowing up my phone throughout the entirety of my exile outside of the Double Doors. I started to call a couple of friends that might have known someone who could get me into the bar for the night's show. After a few failed phone calls. My cousin called me to tell me that he was working on everyone in the bar, as he had already spoken to all the security guards, two managers and the booking agent (Sidenote: The booking agent said that there was a possibility that Lupe Fiasco was going to take the stage with Gaslight for a couple of songs. It was all contingent on him getting out of another event he had set up.) No one could help us out and as I learned shortly before midnight that the bar had reached its capacity and even those with tickets would be turned away, unless they were on the guest list. This kind of pissed me off, but not at the bar or anything like that. It had to do with my own carelessness to not think ahead of what might be required to enter a bar in the more upscale part of Chicago. Well after about forty people left and the crowd that had waited out their departures got in, I was left to remain outside and take in the beginning of Gaslight's set through old concrete walls. The set kicked off with a rousing "High Lonesome", which spiraled into "Cassanova, Baby", "Old White Lincoln" and "
Even Cowgirls get the Blues". Then Gaslight pounded into their song that was made famous by their performance with The Boss in Glastonbury, "The 59' Sound". I have been an avid Gaslight fan for a solid year and everytime I hear this song it still gets me going and gets me thinking of loved one's lost, our ancestors who helped pave the way, and the emotions that are evoked when you lose a friend at such a young, innocent age. After this I had been outside for over an hour and a half, I figured I had to plead my case one more time to the lady at the door. After a couple more passer by's left the bar, I approached her and asked her if there was any way that I could go in. She replied that she could get into a lot of trouble and that it was not in her best interest. At this I promised her that I would not drink anything if I was allowed in. She replied by asking me, " Why the hell wouldn't you want to drink?" After a second of thinking, I told her that I came all the way from Jersey to take in this band and that is all I wanted from that evening as I had been drinking from sun up and had just sobered up. At this she notched another number on her clicker and told me to have a good time. I found my cousin as soon as I walked in as he was trying to still prop a door open for me, and we both made our way to the front of the show just in time for "Film Noir", "We came to Dance", "Miles Davis and the Cool", and "1930". I was beyond ecstatic to be able to take it all in after waiting for over an hour to get into see Jersey's finest band. After a rare performance of "Blue Jean's and White T-shirts" that Brian said he might have to turn into bellbottoms or converses or something, GLA rushed into "Great Expectations" that had everyone moving in the scorching venue. "Meet me at the River's Edge" had Bruce fans moving that came into to see what was all the fuss about some Jersey Band that claimed to have some resemblance to The Boss. "Here's looking at you kid" and "Boomboxes and Dictionaries" was met with great praise as Brian began to wind down the show. He introduced their last song of their scheduled set and the last song on their album the 59' Sound, "Backseats" as being a song that tries to explain the restlessness we all may exhibit as a child and in our everday lives. Everyone in the bar was able to appreciate this notion as Gaslight fans and those who just happened to frequent the Double Door establishment that night could agree with that we are all just searching to find our place in the world with the least restrictions as possible. After an awesome performance of their closing tune, the band was met with a request for "One more song" by the threshold of fans. After several moments, the sweat drenched band came out to plough through their much anticipated encore. "The Navesink Banks" was an awesome mellow way to kick off their last string of songs. "I Could Been a Contender" brought the juice back to the party as the front of the crowd was able to dance and belt out every word to the upbeat punk tune. "I'd called you woody, joe" was requested by a group of guys all night and its prelude by Ben E King's "Stand by Me" had the young and old remembering songs that they grew up listening to either in person or by their parents playing of the song on the old car radio. Gaslight closed out their thrilling set with "Angry John and the Radio" which was not only a perfect way to end their set, but it also sent every person away with a smile knowing they had seen a band really bring their all on this given night. The band thanked the crowd for their enthusiasm and support as they stated that it seemed like they had not played a show in a club for over a year. At the conclusion of the show my cousin and I were able to work our way to the stage and procure the setlist that Brian had for the show. The setlist was a nice souvenier to take back to New Jersey and remember the night that almost never was. After a few minutes at our departure of the establishment, my cousin and I sought out the lady who guarded the door as if it was the gate to heaven. When we found her, words could not express our gratification so we just gave her a kiss on the forehead, because on this night maybe she let me in to the closest thing on Earth to a place we all yearn to be.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:04 pm

dude, paragraphs.

Quote :
"Blue Jean's and White T-shirts" that Brian said he might have to turn into bellbottoms or converses or something

this line was more along the lines of 'gray dickies and white t-shirts, since they were moving up in the world,' referencing the pants brian was wearing.
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:17 am

http://www.spinearth.tv/report/lollapalooza-after-show-09-gaslight-anthem-at-double-door
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxRthXOtVQA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza After-Party   Lollapalooza After-Party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza After-Party
Page 1 of 1