DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Invented a new drink?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Invented a new drink? Empty
PostSubject: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 pm

I think I may have invented a new drink, but I'm not sure (tell me if I'm wrong).
See, I bought vodka and vermouth to make martini's, but I accidentally got sweet vermouth. Didn't work very well at all Sad
Trying to make the most of it, I experimented and made the following:

2 oz. Tito's vodka
3/4 oz. Martini sweet vermouth
1.75 oz. Coca-cola

It's a pretty sweet drink, but it's got a mean dark color and strong
body. Goes down real easy with a tiny bit of after-bite. Tito's is
great vodka, btw, so that makes a difference too.
If you happen to have this stuff lying around, try it and lemme know what you think!
Also, I haven't come up with a name for it yet (if it is in fact new). Suggestions are welcome! (I thought "The Gaslight" sounded pretty swell Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:57 am

Apple lucozade which is really hard to find sometimes and a splash of vodka. This was born out of being a cheap ass student and throwing together what I have. Basically it makes a really strong apple sours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:44 am

kieran wrote:
Apple lucozade which is really hard to find sometimes and a splash of vodka. This was born out of being a cheap ass student and throwing together what I have. Basically it makes a really strong apple sours.

Genius.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:38 am

Anyone tried a Godfather before? It's 1 1/2 oz Scotch and 1/2 oz Amaretto. Had one the other day, it was pretty darn good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:45 am

A few years ago my friends thought a 'Southern Death Cult'- Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort and Coca Cola- would be a good idea. Probably would have been if the quantites were correct, but when you fill a glass with the spirits and then just a drop of coke....I bet you can work out what happened!
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 am

Haha, that sounds pretty good! I gotta try that myself sometime, though I'll be sure to actually put some coke in mine.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:28 am

Dark spiced rum coke and a slice of slime juice squeezed in. Nothing new but oh so tasty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invented a new drink?   Invented a new drink? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invented a new drink?
Page 1 of 1