DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amount of sections

Go down 
+2
JoshRaymond
Daire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Are they necessary?

IMO

There are too many, and a lot of topics could fit in more than one, which a lot of the time (particularly in the last week or so) results in multiple duplicate threads. Also it splits up the chat and makes the forum less active.

For example, for the GA section, News and The Band section could go together. Is there a need for a tour section? The other two could possibly be merged, but I'd accept if you thought they were fine as they are. Maybe merge all the Audio/Video etc into one Multimedia section? And pin the master lists at the top of that.

In 'Other' are General Chat and Discussion not one and the same thing? And Discussion section is used f-all anyways. Is there A need ofr a whole section dedicated to Spam? General music and other bands should stay though. That's a good section imo, particularly as this is a music site, it's gonna generate a lot of threads.

The last section is fine, maybe move it to the top so newbs can see the section for introducing yourself. From experience people have something to come back for i.e look how many welcomes they get, and if it's at the top there's more chance of them posting a thread in there. Obviously Mix Tapes is required. And the TGA Army is a great idea, we should probaly use it a bit more though.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:29 am

Personally I think the sections are great the way they are, they are clear and you can find exactly what you're looking for.

If they began to be merged it could end up like the Killers forum, which is basically just like 3 or 4 massive sections of randomness. I think we should leave it as it is, as it works.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:00 pm

i like how its set up i see no change needed
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:32 pm

I like your thoughts on that... I do like having these rather specific sections because there are some things that people really like to read about and other sections that they completely ignore (ie: I don't read guitar tabs at all or Tours unless I am going to an upcoming show). The only downside to all these seperate threads is that it really makes the moderators/admins keep up on the forum maintenance, other wise we would have randomness all over the place.

As for the TGA Army, I do think we need to be working more with that. If you have ideas please post them there... I really do think we can help out the band there alot.

I have thought about moving the introduce yourself thread up... I really believe that the introduce yourself area is why people like this forum so much... every person that does an introduce yourself topic has about 5 responses within 24 hours... that is a lot more than any other forum I have been to
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:38 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:

I think the amount of sections are fine on the whole, but I wish the latest posts listing on the portal page was longer, as some threads disappear off that listing very quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:28 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:

I think the amount of sections are fine on the whole, but I wish the latest posts listing on the portal page was longer, as some threads disappear off that listing very quickly.

hmm... I will mess around in the admin section, but I am not positive that I will be able to fix that
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:13 am

I think 'Tour' section 100% needs to remain, it makes complete sense.
I thought 'News' worked better when it was only mods/admins that could post it, but since everyone can, it's pretty much turned into the Band section anyway,

The rest of the forum is perfect I feel!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:43 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
I thought 'News' worked better when it was only mods/admins that could post it, but since everyone can, it's pretty much turned into the Band section anyway

I guess the 'News' section is a bit ambiguous, because news of a new vinyl will go in 'Audio', news of a new magazine cover/feature will go in 'Interview' and so on, so maybe the 'News' section should be slected pieces of major news by admin only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:08 pm

It makes sense to have specific sections like we do here, but I still agree with Daire. Spam, General Chat, Discussion... I really don't see how those three need to be different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

Amount of sections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amount of sections   Amount of sections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amount of sections
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Forum Updates & News-
Jump to: