DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

 

 The Killers

Go down 
+49
Thunder Peel
redheadchick
Anya_TGA
TGAFAN25
DeathoftheCool
03aarm
bringiton_ty
SubconsciousRitual
Ghost
EveryWordHandwritten
Little Eden
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jack
bringiton
NYYFAN523
brianisbae
TheContender
White Man In Hammersmith
Klown
HorribleCrowe
Christophe
holdsteady82
Mr.Grieves
TGAforLIFE
JJW319
loazis
plugga
Matilda Noir
Jerseyrain
Philo
HarryLime
riversedge
Bea
SouthJerseyTGA
sarahjay
Vibes
RunawaySmile
Stevearm
steady now steady now
Holland
Emyr
tdawg
simo
steph
Palmer89
kcdc
CluckyB
Prisoner
kieran
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 30
Location : Luxembourg

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack


Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 am

I mean, Battle Born was Brandon-heavy anyway. The thing is, the Killers are one of my favorite bands of all-time. I think people underestimate them for a lot of reasons but they're a fantastic band. That being said, what I want most from them is Brandon writing songs, singing them in his ever-improving beautiful voice, and performing them with the confidence and joy that he has been for quite some time now. Seeing them live was one of the greatest gifts I've ever received (the ticket was given to me for free).
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 30
Location : Luxembourg

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 pm

They are also one of my favorite bands Very Happy I saw them here in Luxembourg and I was able to hug him Very Happy my god that was one of the best moments in my life.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 30
Location : Luxembourg

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Here you can listen to their new song "Just An Other Girl" and for those who aren't able to listen to it ( I think it just works in the United States) he's an other link
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws


Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-08-04
Age : 30

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Chorus sounds familiar. tongue 
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe


Posts : 1461
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 31
Location : England

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Barresi wrote:
Chorus sounds familiar. tongue 
I really like it. Brandon has definitely been listening to Gaslight. I think it's like his take on "45". Very similar.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack


Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Well, probably not. There are a lot of songs with the same subject matter. And I doubt Brandon would have consciously used those words after hearing 45. That would just be strange.

Moving on, it's a great song. I'm very, very pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe


Posts : 1461
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 31
Location : England

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:52 am

Jack wrote:
Well, probably not. There are a lot of songs with the same subject matter. And I doubt Brandon would have consciously used those words after hearing 45. That would just be strange.

Moving on, it's a great song. I'm very, very pleased with it.
I guess The Killers and Gaslight both come from similar lyrical standpoints but I definitely think Brandon has got some kind of inspiration from Gaslight. I think their are elements in Battle Born lyrically that were very similar to Handwritten in my opinion. Maybe it was the Brendan O'Brien connection to some extent?

Anyway I love both bands and I really like the direction Brandon's writing is going in. Can't wait for his next solo record!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack


Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 am

Christophe wrote:
Jack wrote:
Well, probably not. There are a lot of songs with the same subject matter. And I doubt Brandon would have consciously used those words after hearing 45. That would just be strange.

Moving on, it's a great song. I'm very, very pleased with it.
I guess The Killers and Gaslight both come from similar lyrical standpoints but I definitely think Brandon has got some kind of inspiration from Gaslight. I think their are elements in Battle Born lyrically that were very similar to Handwritten in my opinion. Maybe it was the Brendan O'Brien connection to some extent?

Anyway I love both bands and I really like the direction Brandon's writing is going in. Can't wait for his next solo record!
Never say never, but obviously the Battle Born songs were written before Handwritten came out. I put it down to mutual Bruce love.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws


Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-08-04
Age : 30

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:43 pm

I like pegging them as East coast and West coast versions of one another, even if it doesn't really fit when the Killers get really 80's/New Wave.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 30
Location : Luxembourg

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Christophe wrote:
Barresi wrote:
Chorus sounds familiar. tongue 
I really like it. Brandon has definitely been listening to Gaslight. I think it's like his take on "45". Very similar.
I thought the same, but we'll never know, maybe Brandon is inspired by them...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown


Posts : 6769
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 32
Location : yes

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

I think you're grasping at straws.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool


Posts : 1953
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 28
Location : The Dreaded Barbary Coast

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 am

When I got into Gaslight when the 59 Sound came out, the band / Brian's voice reminded me A LOT of Brandon and the Killers, more than any other band I tried comparing Gaslight to.
Now, looking back at that comparison, Gaslight has definitely moved away from a sound similar to the Killers, and vice versa IMO
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel


Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-08-24
Age : 37
Location : Missouri

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:14 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
When I got into Gaslight when the 59 Sound came out, the band / Brian's voice reminded me A LOT of Brandon and the Killers, more than any other band I tried comparing Gaslight to.
Now, looking back at that comparison, Gaslight has definitely moved away from a sound similar to the Killers, and vice versa IMO
I can see that. I always felt like TGA is a like a punkier version of The Killers. I love both groups and if they ever toured together I'd flip.Cool 
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester


Posts : 113
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 61
Location : long island, ny

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 am

Harbortown wrote:
I think you're grasping at straws.
   Check out this band with nearly the same name, The Grasping Straws.     http://www.thegraspingstraws.com/music.php
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 30
Location : Luxembourg

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Brandon Flowers' website has changed, including a video teaser Very Happy
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes


Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
Brandon Flowers' website has changed, including a video teaser Very Happy

So excited about that!! I love The Killers, one of my favorite bands ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 30
Location : Luxembourg

The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 7:33 pm

myoldmanshoes wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
Brandon Flowers' website has changed, including a video teaser Very Happy

So excited about that!! I love The Killers, one of my favorite bands ever Very Happy

yeah, it seems that he also reveals the titel of the album xd
they are also one of favorite bands Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





The Killers - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
The Killers
Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Similar topics
-
» The Killers - SECC, Glasgow, Live Review 26/10/12
» The Killers covered American Sland in NYC last night
» Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013
» For Sale: Ticket/Hotel Package to see Gaslight support the Killers at Wembley, 22nd June!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: