DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Killers

Go down 
+49
Thunder Peel
redheadchick
Anya_TGA
TGAFAN25
DeathoftheCool
03aarm
bringiton_ty
SubconsciousRitual
Ghost
EveryWordHandwritten
Little Eden
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jack
bringiton
NYYFAN523
brianisbae
TheContender
White Man In Hammersmith
Klown
HorribleCrowe
Christophe
holdsteady82
Mr.Grieves
TGAforLIFE
JJW319
loazis
plugga
Matilda Noir
Jerseyrain
Philo
RobertODonnell
riversedge
Bea
SouthJerseyTGA
sarahjay
Vibes
RunawaySmile
Stevearm
steady now steady now
Holland
Emyr
tdawg
simo
steph
Palmer89
kcdc
CluckyB
Prisoner
kieran
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda Noir
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Matilda Noir

The Killers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:19 pm

I love the Killers and Brandon too but they are hit or miss mostly since "Hot Fuss." A lot of their fans hated "Sam's Town" But I thought it was pretty decent. I didn't like "Day and Age." So, yeah....Also I don't get the comparisons to TGA. The two singers don't even sound alike to me.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 pm

saw them live for free a few years ago, not a big fan of their albums but they are pretty entertaining live!
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:09 pm

Matilda Noir wrote:
I love the Killers and Brandon too but they are hit or miss mostly since "Hot Fuss." A lot of their fans hated "Sam's Town" But I thought it was pretty decent. I didn't like "Day and Age." So, yeah....Also I don't get the comparisons to TGA. The two singers don't even sound alike to me.
I don't know, I liked Sam's Town the best. And supposedly the album they have coming out next year is going to be more guitar-heavy than Day & Age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
Matilda Noir wrote:
I don't know, I liked Sam's Town the best. And supposedly the album they have coming out next year is going to be more guitar-heavy than Day & Age.

I agree, I liked Sam's Town the best. I loved Hot Fuss when it first came out, but not too long ago I put it on since I hadn't listened to it in so long and could not figure out what made me like it so much. I just ended up skipping through most of the songs. And Day & Age was such a flop in my book. I'll still check out the new album, though!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Sam's Town is their best album hands down! coming from a claustrophobic small town, i used to relate to that album so much growing up

and listen to an acoustic version that Fallon did of The Backseat for some radio show a few years ago, he really does sound like Brandon Flowers in that! but besides that one, i don't really see much similarity... although maybe a bit during the 59 sound era, but definitely not now
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:22 am

Sam's Town was amazing in my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:58 am

It's pretty easy to say that as Gaslight fans the Killers album we'll like most is "Sam's Town".

Awesome album. What bothers me is that the record company didn't want to release the title track "Sam's Town" as a single because of how heavy it is and how different it was from anything from Hot Fuss. It's ashame idiot critics get locked in on a bands identity, since good bands reshape that identity throughout their career.

The new album is guitar heavy and will be more comparable to Sam's Town and some of the rarities/b-sides from "Saw Dust". Rumor is Brendan O'Brien is producing hit. (See: every material Pearl Jam has every put out)

My opinion on the Killers is that it's hard to hate them. Flowers puts his all into live shows and they try to make positive-fun music. Great in low doses. Definite respect.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Released a new song today, I really have been enjoying it

not the "official" in anyway, just has the lyrics all nice and stuff

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:27 am

I've always liked The Killers but I think that song is pretty boring. Well, Day & Age was too.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:34 am

Yeah, I've always liked them too. I enjoyed their new song. But...for some reason it kind of reminds me of Asia's song "Heat of The Moment." haha
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 am

I think it has this strange springsteen, john mellencamp, asia feeling to it. But I enjoy it. It sounds like Killers so that's good.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 am

I love the hell out of it. Has this massive 80s rock vibe. Feelin' like I have long hair wearing a Queen cutoff.
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 am

I'm not crazy about the "Runaways" track. It sounds like his voice is different......anyone else think so? I guess I've never been much of a Killer's fan to begin with though. I have to admit, I am a little curious to hear their upcoming album, partially because Brendan O'brien is producing it, but more so, its because of the Killers drummer Ronnie Vannucci and the crazy fan that he's turned me into since the release of his solo project/album (called "Big Talk") over the past year. I think Ronnie's solo album is way better than any Killers material that I've heard. The album was said to have a sound similar to Bruce Springsteen, the Cars, Tom Petty, and other 80's rock. Here's a video of his second single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8IMO1lKpGk
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:52 am

I like the new song, his voice sounds more high pitched I guess, I think some of the lyrics are Fallonesque but maybe thats just me.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:59 am

Anyone else notice the 'turn the engine over' lyric in Runaways?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:18 am

Certainly more up my street than Human was.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 am

Never been a big fan, but, 'somebody told me' is a great song.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 am

I kinda like this new song but how the hell is he going to sing that live? Hmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 am

Not super into it. I think it will probably sound waaaay better live, though.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 am

plugga wrote:

I will wait until they show V festival. He does a remarkably high voice though.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:30 am

Excellent pop song, with a great 80's stadium song feel to it. Haven't enjoyed them for a while, but that track caught my attention.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:55 am

Holland wrote:
plugga wrote:

I will wait until they show V festival. He does a remarkably high voice though.

I reeeeally enjoyed their set when i saw them but his voice is not always flawless hmmm

Kinda reminds me of his solo album though! Magdalene in particular
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 am

New song sounds alright on the first listen, didn't jump out at me though tbh

For me Sams Town is a masterpiece, so I'm hoping for an album in that mould Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Christophe wrote:
Anyone else notice the 'turn the engine over' lyric in Runaways?

I grinned Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 am

holdsteady82 wrote:
I'm not crazy about the "Runaways" track. It sounds like his voice is different......anyone else think so? I guess I've never been much of a Killer's fan to begin with though. I have to admit, I am a little curious to hear their upcoming album, partially because Brendan O'brien is producing it, but more so, its because of the Killers drummer Ronnie Vannucci and the crazy fan that he's turned me into since the release of his solo project/album (called "Big Talk") over the past year. I think Ronnie's solo album is way better than any Killers material that I've heard. The album was said to have a sound similar to Bruce Springsteen, the Cars, Tom Petty, and other 80's rock. Here's a video of his second single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8IMO1lKpGk

Yeah, that is interesting Brendan O'brien is producing it. It will be fun to see how it turns out. Wonder if it will have any similarities to Gaslight's record or other stuff he's produced... I never listened to Vannucci's stuff. Thanks for posting that link. That's a good song! I definitely enjoyed it. Makes me wanna check out some of his other stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Killers
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next