DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape

Go down 
+6
bradcooke
e7c
Vibes
Forum Owner
Refused
lynchyeatspizza
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What did you think?
Five Stars! Every track was awesome!
22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_lcap20%22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Four Stars! I am going to check out a few of these bands
22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_lcap40%22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Three Stars.. atleast there was one band I want to check out
22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_lcap40%22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Two stars... not bad to listen to, nothing I want to get into though
22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_lcap0%22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
one star. bleh. not my style
22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_lcap0%22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 am

Hopefully this will work!!

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ijzkzmzyjvl
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zotdmgnuo5a

- I've composed the mixtape in two parts, Part 1 and Part 2.
- I tried to do it so for each there was a coherent order, and that you can listen to them individually (i.e. just the first half, or just the second half), or one after the other.
- I've selected tracks that roughly represent my what I listen to- and my favourite music- beyond the Gaslight Anthem (hence track 19, in case you're wondering!).
- Judging by the type of bands discussed in the 'Other Bands' section fo the forum, my tracks may be quite different for what most other people listen to.
- Therefore some of the bands you will almost certainly of heard of and may view as quite mainstream; but this is what I listen to.
- If you give my mixtape a listen and you like it, that's cool. And if you give it a listen and you don't, that's cool also.

There are explantions on why I selected the the tracks in a Notepad file 'Please Read This First' in the .zip of the first half of the mixtape. I didn't want to clutter the post by putting them here, but if the consensus is that they should be here, I'll try and post them up here too.

Track Listing
01 Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
02 The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again
03 Twisted Wheel - She's A Weapon
04 Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
05 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date With The Night
06 Bloc Party - Flux
07 Oasis - Acquiesce
08 The Strokes - When It Started
09 Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
10 This Charming Man - There Is A Thunder (Out In The Distance)
11 The Courteeners - Not Nineteen Forever
12 Kings Of Leon - Molly's Chambers
13 The Bravery - Believe
14 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul To Squeeze
15 Paramore - Misery Business
16 White Lies - Farewell To The Fairground
17 The Enemy - We'll Live And Die In These Towns
18 James - I Know What I'm Here For
19 Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
20 The Killers - This River Is Wild
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 am

Just checked out the track list. Looks good. Downloading now and I'm really looking forward to listen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:50 am

Finished Downloading and fuckin excited.
All ready to listen while I do maths homework. (just perfect :S)
Also, I forgot to mention, in the thread about Bands You Have A Complete Catologue Of where we were talking about The Killers. I bought there first album but sort of lost respect for them after hearing a few tracks from Sam's Town.
I still downloaded Day & Age, but didn't have a proper listen after hearing Human on the radio (generic rock, with possibly the worst chorus ever, unless it's got some real underlying meaning I havnt worked out).
BUT, you said you loved them in the catalogue topic, so I had another listen of all their stuff. I already knew Hot Fuss was awesome, but when I got onto Sam's Town I realised it had a few great songs, and I was going to start Day & Age, but your mixtape just finished so I'll Listen to that now. But I will listen to Day & Age soon. Thanks for hooking me back onto a band i used to love.
And thanks for the mixtape (where i'll surely find some more stuff to listen to)
Cheers, lynch.
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 am

I think I've heard just about every track on that already, so I can tell it's gonna be a decent listen! Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:20 am

Lynchy- regarding the Killers, the more I've listened to Day and Age the more I think it's better than Hot Fuss- but Sam's Town tops them both! As for Human, I am now of the opinion that it is not even on the top 5 songs on the album, so don't worry about not understanding the chorus- I don't think it was even intended to make sense!

Refused wrote:
I think I've heard just about every track on that already, so I can tell it's gonna be a decent listen! Thanks

Yeah, it may be worth apologising for this in advance. I anticipated it may be a problem for people from the UK with this mixtape, as most of the bands I've put on people probably know (even if they haven't listened to them extensively); but this is really what I listen to so didn't have much choice! It may be better for people outside the UK where this may not be the case!!!
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:59 pm

THE SMITHS! JOY DIVISION! KINGS OF LEON! RHCP! THE KILLERS! BLOC PARTY!

Tomaldo ... I love you!

;-)

This should be wicked awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Tomaldo wrote:

Refused wrote:

Yeah, it may be worth apologising for this in advance. I anticipated it may be a problem for people from the UK with this mixtape, as most of the bands I've put on people probably know (even if they haven't listened to them extensively); but this is really what I listen to so didn't have much choice! It may be better for people outside the UK where this may not be the case!!!

No need to apoligise! It's a cool compilation to stick on if ya can't decide what band to put on! I think I may even make a copy of it for my mum, she's been complaining that she needs some more music to listen to.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Nice. I'm downloading now and looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:49 pm

I have never listened to Kings of Leon but everytime I introduce someone to TGA they always tell me that I would like kings of Leon
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:31 pm

01 Artic Monkeys: for years people have told me I would like them... they were right. I really like how it opens up, I wish the lyrics were "deeper" but they do sound good... and I can pop like a robot, just in case you were wondering.

02 The Smiths: They sound a lot like Depeche Mode and REM working together... too bad I don't really care for any of those bands. I do recognize that The Smiths are an important band, but I just never got into them

03 Twisted Wheel: British Surf Punk?!?! zuh? These guys have a really good and raw sound. I can tell that they would be a lot of fun to see live

04 Joy Division: Another important band to know; however, they have quite a unique sound and I can understand why people don't like them.

05 Yeah Yeah Yeahs: My wife really likes the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I just do not care for female singers (Patti Smith rocks!). I hear their live shows are crazy and I would love to go see them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:53 am

e7c: I've seen Twisted Wheel live- their shows are usually riotous. If I tell you the lead singer came on with a can of beer, took one swig and then tossed it into the crowd, you could probably get a reasonable idea of what the rest of the set was like...

Last edited by Tomaldo on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

i think i am going to start giving my comment and opinion on mix tapes with this one.

going qickly through the playlist it looks pretty good and i can not wait until i can download it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:37 pm

e7c wrote:
I have never listened to Kings of Leon but everytime I introduce someone to TGA they always tell me that I would like kings of Leon

I've just got back from seeing them live. They played for 1hr 45mins, and blew me away.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
e7c wrote:

I've just got back from seeing them live. They played for 1hr 45mins, and blew me away.
I saw them at Coachella in 07 and they were alright. And that was before they made it big. So over them now. Actually can't stand them now.
I'll give props to the Smiths and Joy Division though Smile
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:45 am

I got into KOL because they are co-headling a show this summer with TGA and Franz Ferdinand, in Switzerland. They have MANY a great tune! Check out the song FANS - it is amazing!

I have also debated putting some Smiths on the tapes, I would have put "Panic" or "Please, please, please" - a great band.

This mix-tape reminds me of the 80's, a great time!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
I got into KOL because they are co-headling a show this summer with TGA and Franz Ferdinand, in Switzerland. They have MANY a great tune! Check out the song FANS - it is amazing!

I have also debated putting some Smiths on the tapes, I would have put "Panic" or "Please, please, please" - a great band.

This mix-tape reminds me of the 80's, a great time!

I was torn between Fans and Molly's Chambers to put on the mixtape. Went with the latter for the sole reason it was 'rockier' and may have appealed to people on the forum more, and also because it was from their first album.

I admit 'Panic' was considered for the Smiths contribution- great tune!

As for the 80s-- I know both Joy Division and the Smiths, iconic 80s band feature early, and that quite a few of the other band (Bravery, Killers, White Lies) are heavily influenced by bands such as these, so linking the mixtape to the 80s in probably a reasonable assertion.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:11 am

01 Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - The Baader Meinhof Phonomenon occurs when a person, after having learned some word, phrase, fact or other item for the first time, encounters that item again, perhaps several times, shortly after having learned it. This is what happened with this track. On Saturday, my mate and I traded albums for a few days, to have a listen. I gave him The '59 Sound, he gave me Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not. One of my favourite tracks was this one. Then two days later, you track list is posted, and to my suprise, it starts of with I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor. This is a great song, and I think it sums up both your mixtape and WPSIATWIN perfectly. Catchy British Rock.

02 The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again - I've heaerd of these guys but never really had a proper listen. Solid song, with a good chorus, but I don't love the vocalists voice. The guitar at 2:00 for about 15 seconds is pretty sweet.

03 Twisted Wheel - She's A Weapon - Short Fast Loud. I can hear The Clash in these guys. Not a bad song.

04 Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart - Amazing song, great lyrics, and you can feel the sadness of the singer. The vocals, drums, strings and guitars fit together perfectly.

05 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date With The Night - Not my favourite song by this band, although I havn't heard that much of their stuff. The cha cha cha part just doesn't do it for me. Have you heard Gold Lion? That's my favourtie song.

06 Bloc Party - Flux - Another song my mates told me about. I liked these guys debut album, but then didn't listen to much past that. Earlier this year my mates got into BP, so I heard a fair bit of Flux, because for most if my mates it was their favourite BP song. Which BP album is your fav, Tomaldo? Did you like thier newest one, Intimacy?

07 Oasis - Acquiesce - Wow this songs good. Starts off with What's The Story Morning Glory in the background, then gets into it. Love the chorus! "Cos we need each other / We believe in one another / And I know we're going to uncover / What's sleepin' in our soul" AWESOME. This is now one of my favourite tracks by them aswell.

08 The Strokes - When It Started - Nice song, the chorus is great. I've heard the Strokes are grungey. Is this right?, becuase this track isnt really.

09 Counting Crows - Mr. Jones - Ahh, I've heard this song before. I really like it, what's the best Counting Crows album to start with?

10 This Charming Man - There Is A Thunder (Out In The Distance) - The EP is Amazing! So good it could nearly be released under the Gaslight name. I've always loved the anger and frustration in his voice, in the chorus "I get so frustrated sometimes".

11 The Courteeners - Not Nineteen Forever - I havn't heard of them in Australia. It's pretty good, and im definaely tempted to get their album, especially since you say this is one of their softest tracks.

12 Kings Of Leon - Molly's Chambers - I don't love their new stuff, and I can't say much about their old stuff because I havn't had a proper listen. I have their three most recent albums, but I havn't had a good listen through. Although I do like the song Fans on Because of the Times. This song is good. Have you heard the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge Volume 1 Version? It's pretty good.

13 The Bravery - Believe - Ahh, the "Honest Mistake" guys. They sound similar to The Killers. Not a bad song.

14 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul To Squeeze - Not bad. RHCP's are good, excpet I bought Stadium Arcadium like a few days after it came out for $28.95. Biggest Waste of $28.95 ever. Only like three good tracks on that double album. Anyway, I'll stop complaining. Soul to Squeeze is a nice song, very laidback. Good to nod your head to.

15 Paramore - Misery Business - The lead singer, she is hot! Good strong chorus, but too pop punk for me. I used to like this stuff a few years back (back when I was 13 and 14), but I'm over it now. If you like these guys I suggest you check out a band called Damone. I used to love them. Here's their album I loved. Check out 'What We Came Here For' and 'Outta My Way'
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/89281410/Damone_Out_Here_All_Night_2006_by_helziopires_-_killthemusica.rar
Sorry its an .rar file but it should work.

16 White Lies - Farewell To The Fairground - The intro reminds me of a song by The Killers, i'm not sure what song though. Sounds like a good up and coming band. I'll check them out. Also, the build up from about 2:10 is AWESOME! "keep on running, keep keep on running. There's no place like home, there's no place like home"

17 The Enemy - We'll Live And Die In These Towns - Saw these guys on TV a few weeks back, but never heard of them before then. Not a bad track. Is this one of their slower songs?

18 James - I Know What I'm Here For - Nice dancy track. Very catchy. I dont love his voice, i think it drags too much. I might tell my mates about this guy/ these guys, because i'm sure some of thwem would love it.

19 Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run - 3rd best track from my favourite Springsteen album. Backstreets and then Jungleland are my 1st and 2nd. Great song, and fits in well with a Gaslight mixtape. Also, it's The Bosses 4th appearance on our Mixtapes. I think he's leading so far.

20 The Killers - This River Is Wild - nice track to finish the album. The end is just the best way to finish an album. This would have been a better track to finish off Sam's Town with than the Exitlude. Also, have you heard a live version of this song? It came out around when Sam's Town was released, or maybe even before Sam's Town was released. My mates used to love it and listen to it all the time! Check it out.

Thanks Tomaldo. I had heard of most of the band's in this Mix, but that's not a bad thing, because I hadn't listened to most of them properly. This Mixtape has allowed me to rediscover some popular stuff I have missed out on, and also introduced me to 4 new bands. Thanks for the mixtape. Lynch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:28 am

Cheers for the feedback Lynch, it was good to see someone comment on the tape as it hasn't exactly sparked a lot of interest! As a few of the things you mentioned in your comments:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs;
Gold Lion is immense, probably the best YYYs song. I think that Fever To Tell is the best album, and Date With The Night is one of the more rockier tracks on the album so I put that on.

Bloc Party;
I think I like A Weekend In The City best, because it got me into Bloc Party. I like Silent Alarm too. I've got Intimacy, but have only listened to it a couple of times and don't really like it that much.

The Strokes;
I'm not sure about grunge really.... I've heard them labelled 'Garage Rock' a lot. When It Started is not grunge (in the sense of maybe Nirvana grunge) and I don't think many of there other tracks are either.

Counting Crows;
I'd say start with August And Everything After. Their first album, and a brilliant one.

The Courteeners;
Definately check them out. The album is called St. Jude, and is really good. Brilliant live band too.

Red Hot Chili Peppers;
I feel the same about Stadium Arcadium. Dani California and Snow are good. That's about it.

The Enemy;
We'll Live And Die In These Towns is one of their softest tracks, yes.
Check out something like Aggro or Technodanceaphobic for something more upbeat.

Thanks for the feedback again. I hope you enjoyed the tape. I'll chack out that band Damone you suggested as well, when I get a chance.

Last edited by Tomaldo on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:27 pm

I've been meaning to get into Joy Division, I think you've given me a reason.

I just started listening to this, I know I'm a bit late.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 pm

I voted for 3 stars. It was a solid mix, some stuff I definitely enjoyed.

I enjoyed The Smith's song. I'm not a huge fan but I kept it around in my iTunes for future listening.

I also enjoyed the songs by Joy Division, The Strokes, The Courteeners, Kings of Leon, The Bravery, White Lies and The Enemy.

Counting Crows is a fantastic band. They're from Baltimore/Washington D.C. so they have a few songs about around here. Raining In Baltimore, for example. Their lyrics, like Gaslight's are pretty specific to places which is cool and Adam Duritz is an incredible lyricist.

Soul to Squeeze is one of my favorite Chili Peppers songs. Blood Sugar Sex Magik is, in my opinion, one of the greatest albums period. I'm a big RHCP fan, their music fantastic and Flea is one of the best bassists in the world. Their cover of Tiny Dancer is highly recommended and if you can find the B-Side called Million Miles of Water that didn't make it onto Stadium Arcadium, download and listen to that. It's a great song. If you can't find it PM me.

Bruce, what can I say about Bruce? The state of New Jersey tried to change their state song to be Born to Run which was unfortunately denied. I would have allowed it. I wish I could write lyrics the way he does, as well as Brian, Tom Petty, Joe Strummer, Brandon Flowers and of course Tom Waits. Maybe one day...

Tomaldo, I really enjoyed the mix. Thanks a lot for your time and effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Cheers Vibes for giving it a listen. I appreciate some stuff on there may not be to everyone's taste.

Out of interest, in the States had you heard of the Courteeners, the White Lies and the Enemy before the mix? Just as they're reasonably well known over here in the UK but I'm not sure about elswhere, and am interested to know...
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:44 pm

I hadn't heard about them, no.

Here the music scene, at least in my opinion, is pretty skewed solely towards the pop-crap that's on the radio. You have to go out of your way to find artists like The Courteeners, The White Lies, etc.

It's unfortunate. iTunes isn't too helpful when it comes to finding new things too because it'll just redirect you to artists that you've already heard of a million times. Example: The Gaslight Anthem is always linked to Bruce, The Killers, The Hold Steady, etc.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:14 am

Vibes wrote:
Here the music scene, at least in my opinion, is pretty skewed solely towards the pop-crap that's on the radio.

Sadly, I think that's how it is EVERYWHERE. That's what makes it pop(ular)! So don't feel too bad Smile The whole western world is pretty unhelpful in this regard. The only rare exceptions are cities that bleed music, i.e. Seattle, Austin, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:37 am

We get a lot of stuff in my hometown, but I would say it is somewhere that bleeds music. But a lot of the chart stuff if R&B, pop, dance, or a hybrid of two or even all three of those.

To use an example, a song by the Enemy, White Lies or the Courteeners may appear in the top 20, but it probably won't get higher than about 17 (not that I follow the chart at all), and will disappear after a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Vibes wrote:
Here the music scene, at least in my opinion, is pretty skewed solely towards the pop-crap that's on the radio.

I have actually had quite a few conversations about this kind of thing in the last few days and this is what we realized... every generation has had its iconic musicians: The Beatles, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain etc.. HOWEVER this generation does not have mass scale musicians, they only have mass scale performers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape   22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

22nd - 28th June: Tomaldo's Mixtape
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next