DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

let’s hear it for the band

Go down 
+2
ktp
steady now steady now
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

let’s hear it for the band Empty
PostSubject: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:54 am

Let’s hear it for the band, because each of these guys is really, really good. I love listening to Benny. There’s always something extra, something a little unexpected, something that makes the drumming that much more interesting. Alex’s base lines too are something to really listen out for, as are Alex’s guitar riffs (who needs solos?). And Brian can sure lay down the rhythm. As I'm rarely struck by the individual contributions that other band's members make, let's hear it for the Gaslight Anthem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:20 pm

indeed! i raise my pint of rather lovely ale that i'm drinking in the pub right now!! yes yes i know, sad, i'm in a pub relaxing with a pint and on my laptop checking the forum! dedication!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
MissTiffers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Cheers to lyrics like "It's heads or tails on heart attacks and broken dreams tonight."
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:19 pm

i love standing in front of alex l's amp at shows. it's the best! but seriously, everyone in the band is amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:06 am

They're all supremely talented individually, but put them together and thats when you get the real results, as we all know!
Back to top Go down
romantic

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:00 am

yup, gaslight is definitely one of those bands that you go to in the good times and the bad.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:59 am

I think Benny is one of the main reasons I still class Gaslight Anthem as a punk band.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:24 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
I think Benny is one of the main reasons I still class Gaslight Anthem as a punk band.
Mmm, intersting. Explain?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:43 pm

I just watched the Area 4 concert again on DVD and it really underlines the point I made in my original post. Alex's guitar is quite high in the mix, and being able to watch him play in glorious close up really shows how good he is. Even his background vocals were quite distinct. And there are a lot of shots of Benny (only Brian has a bit more air time), which lety one really appreciate how good Benny is and how much fun he's having. Alex and his bass don't get that much of a look in though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let’s hear it for the band   let’s hear it for the band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

let’s hear it for the band
Page 1 of 1