DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mike Hale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Mike Hale Empty
PostSubject: Mike Hale   Mike Hale Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Got this email today- I thought the whole concept was pretty cool- their reason for giving this album away. I find Mike's music super good- love his lyrics. Extremely excited to see them with Ninja Gun, they're an incredible band too. Anyway- if you decide to download the album, notice on the top right of the page, that there is an area to "donate" money for the album.
Have a super weekend all, finally sunny in NH today.......
Live it. Face it.
--------------------------

Today, we are excited to announce that we have made the decision to give away Mike Hale's upcoming album, "Lives Like Mine" for free digitally. He just announced it in his Punknews.org column, "For Those Still Standing" which has been his journal of his life after making the decision to quit his job, end his lease, sell back his car, and stop life as he knew it for a full time life on the road.

Finding inspiration from Chris Anderson's FREE, QuoteUnquoteRecords.com, and the knowledge that any internet savvy music fan can get pretty much any album they want for free, I called Mike up a few weeks back to share with him my idea. It took him a minute, but after he thought it out, he agreed that this was as good a time as any to do this. Mike is about to release his 2nd studio album (an absolutely amazing album), due out in stores on April 28th and is about to start a Full U.S. and Canadian tour with labelmates, Ninja Gun which starts on April 10th. We felt that by accepting FREE music as one of our tools, our ability to turn people onto this album and this tour would greatly increase.

Stop by the site liveslikemine.suburbanhomerecords.com to download Mike's incredible new album, "Lives Like Mine".

In the end, it is our hope that as many people as possible listen to the albums we release. So much work goes into the making of a brand new album and we hope that if you like what you hear, you might consider buying a copy on CD, on vinyl, or through a donation. Any proceeds raised from the sales and donations will go towards recouping the expenses that went into making the record. Any profits will be split equally between MIke Hale and Suburban Home Records.

Mike Hale released his first album, "Broken With No Hope" on Asian Man Records along with a split 7" with Chris Wollard. April 28th, 2009, will see the release of his 2nd album, "Lives Like Mine" on LP, CD, and digitally. The album was recorded and mixed by Armond John Anthony, mastered by Chris Fogal (Black In Bluhm), guest vocals provided by Allyson Seconds (recorded by Kevin Seconds), cover art by Sten, and layout by Brandon Proff. The near future will bring a split 7" w/ Kevin Seconds on Side One Dummy, an Under the Influence split 7" w/ Joey Cape on Suburban Home, and another split 7" with Chris Wollard. Mike also plays in the rock band, In the Red, who released a new album, "Volume 2" on Suburban Home Records. Mike also fronted the No Idea Records' act, Gunmoll, who put out a number of releases.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Mike Hale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Hale   Mike Hale Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:11 am

I downloaded his stuff, but I haven't listened to it yet
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Mike Hale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Hale   Mike Hale Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm

same. i think it's really smart for someone who's relatively unknown to put out his record for free. i probly wouldn't have downloaded it without seeing this post, and i definitely wouldn't have bought it, so i probly never would've heard his music. and people always buy stuff at shows anyway, regardless of whether they've already downloaded it at home
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Mike Hale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Hale   Mike Hale Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 pm

this album's really good. kind of a downer, but still really solid. though i must say that his best song is Easy Come Easy Go, off his first album. that song's amazing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mike Hale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Hale   Mike Hale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Hale
Page 1 of 1