DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danny Miller

Go down 
+8
Daire
Emyr
Vibes
Deeper Shade of Blue
Forum Owner
TonyRockyHorror
JoshRaymond
Jukebox Romeo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Alright, instead of dominating the Originals thread, I'm gonna make a thread for myself in here.

I've been writing some songs lately that I feel are a lot better than anything I've ever written, and they mean a lot more to me as well. My first album will be titled "The Last of the Jukebox Romeos".

I got frustrated with trying to figure out the multi-track recording thing, so I just recorded all these in my bathroom. I have 5 songs up on my myspace right now, the most recent of which was written between yesterday and today.

Here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/dannyhmiller

Go visit, have a listen, be my friend if you want, give me some feedback, please. Thank you

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Fri May 29, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 pm

250 miles is nice
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 pm

thanks man. i'm real happy with that one

i feel like on Nights i tried to combine too many ideas into one song, but whatever
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 pm

the start of nights is ace
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:03 pm

yeah, i really liked the direction it was going in, and i think i tried to make the chorus too much like Blue Jeans. i'm thinkin i'm gonna use that first verse, and maybe the second verse, scrap the rest and start over.
Back to top Go down
TonyRockyHorror
A Contender
A Contender
TonyRockyHorror

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 pm

big, BIG fan of Ben Nichols and Lucero here, so i appreciate the "Last Pale Light in the West" cover. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://dclivetracks.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 am

thanks man, that's good to hear. not my best cover, i just learned it the day i recorded it, but it's not too bad
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:34 pm

lol myspace bumped it up to 10 songs per artist, so i went crazy and recorded a bunch of covers, and i also upped the 1930 cover i posted here and a Lagwagon/Joey Cape cover i recorded a few years ago
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:04 pm

just upped Opposing With Manly Firmness and the re-recorded version of Nights. i ditched the bridge and final chorus from the original version of Nights and wrote a new bridge/outro for it. and i'm gonna add a bridge and stuff to fill out Opposing, but that's all i've got so far
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:14 pm

new song up. title inspired by this website: www.mylifeisaverage.com
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:41 am

Have you thought of professionally recording any of these songs?
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 pm

yeah, but i don't have a job and don't have a lot of money to throw around with college next year. i'm thinking about shelling out the $100+ for that H2 or H4 that kieran was talking about

i do want to legitimately record them at some point. maybe wait til i have 10 or 12 songs, then hit up a studio or something
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Let us know here, we'll do a donation for you to help you out. It's worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:58 pm

wow that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 pm

Totally agree - let us know what your plans are and I am sure we can have a whip round for donations! bounce

Kropotkin wrote:
Let us know here, we'll do a donation for you to help you out. It's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 pm

I'd chip in.

If you're in Baltimore this summer or Colorado any other time I can record you. I've got a personal studio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 pm

lets have a bake sale
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 pm

wow guys i'm just astounded at your generosity. it's amazing that you would be willing to help me out. thank you so much

i just put up a new version of Opposing With Manly Firmness, complete with a cool outro. keep in mind that this song normally puts a lot of strain on my voice, and my voice was shot to begin with, so go easy on me

Vibes wrote:
I'd chip in.

If you're in Baltimore this summer or Colorado any other time I can record you. I've got a personal studio.
i'm probly not gonna be able to make it out to Baltimore this summer, but i have a friend whose parents are moving to Colorado, so i could possibly go out there for a break and stay at his house. i'll let you know if i'm ever in Colorado. thank you very much for the offer though

JoshRaymond wrote:
lets have a bake sale
lol
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:45 pm

just put up full versions of Opposing (dropped down a couple keys due to my minimal vocal range) and MLIA (with a new outro) as well as a new song i just wrote yesterday called Searching For a Former Contentment. i'll probly redo the new one (got a little screechy on the yelling part), but it'll do for now
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Had a listen to a couple of the tracks, sounds really good.
Would be awesome if you could get them recorded professionally too.
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:36 pm

hey, thanks for listening. i'm working on getting them professionally recorded, but it's probly gonna be awhile. i think i'm gonna wait til i get a few more songs written, then see
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Sounds like a good plan. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:54 pm

for those interested, i'm going into the studio next week. two hours at Moondog Recording Studio in Kent, OH. i'm gonna record 5 songs for "The Last of the Jukebox Romeos". the track listing is as follows:

1. 250 Miles From Last Summer
2. Aspirations, Never Realized
3. MLIA
4. This River Was On Fire
5. Opposing With Manly Firmness

there might be a few surprises on this ep. i'm working last minute on some key changes and backing vocals, stuff like that. if i have time, i'll record the song "Searching For a Former Contentment", which is on my myspace, and put it up here for download. b-sides album, baby!

as for future music, i've already basically written 3 additional songs. i'm working on lengthening the songs, really building them. i'm gonna push my voice more with the new songs, work on a few slower songs, and most of all, just work on getting some better, bigger hooks in the songs. i'll also probly have some drums, more piano, and maybe violin on the next ep

so, stay tuned. i'll be posting a link for the ep pretty soon
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm excited. Send me a PM if you'd like an invite to Muxtape. I'll be more than happy to hook you up. It's like an artsier, classier myspace haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 pm

fuck yes im amped for the ep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danny Miller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danny Miller
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next