DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey everyone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
randomhero78
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
randomhero78

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hey everyone   Hey everyone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:58 am

What's up everybody?
I'm Dave, 23- from Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. I'm not usually a message board kinda person, but I've been browsing this one a lot lately and liked it so I figured I'd give it a shot.Thought I'd just pop on here and say hey.

Got into Gaslight about a year ago through my girlfriend after she sent me "blue jeans and white t-shirts". Couldn't stop listening so I decided to check out all their other stuff. Loved it.

Other bands I'm into are- flogging molly, the pogues, against me, the mountain goats, dillinger 4, the hold steady, foo fighters, social D and the Clash. I also play guitar, and play drums in two bands.

See you all around on the boards!.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:49 am

Dave, glad to have you here... any girl that gives a guy a mix tape with TGA on it is a good girl... I hope you guys are still together. Blue Jeans is still one of my favorite TGA songs (1930 is number one and always will be), there was a review of Senor and The Queen where it said "Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts: this song will be important" what a great review!

Who are The Mountain Goats? What kind of music do they play?
Back to top Go down
randomhero78
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
randomhero78

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:22 pm

yeah, definitely a great review for sure!.

the mountain goats are an acoustic, lo-fi, indie-folk rock kinda band. Started out as just the one singer guy, John Darnielle, recording the songs himself acoustically on cassette tapes. Very DIY, and very cool. But as the years have come he's had backing musicians added and all that good stuff. Great tunes, and really literate lyrics. I love just puttin 'em on in the afternoon and just relaxing. Speaking of which.. I think i'm gonna do that right now! hehe.

I highly suggest their album "tallahassee" and my favorite on there 'No Children'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7DhtkTumSc&feature=related ...doesn't seem to be an actual video. But still great nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:29 am

Hey dude - welcome!

I lived in Guelph Ontario for many a year - many a year ago! The mountain goats are very good, I'd say check out the song 'warm lonely planet' an outtake from ALL HAIL WEST TEXAS - you can find it online:

http://www.themountaingoats.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mp3s:home
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: