DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...

Go down 
+93
Johnny 99
TooMuchGaslight
emenius
Coma Girl
battleborn
Soozy Creamcheese
enola
aaron0vt
flannel
AngryRyan
Klarstrom
Debonair
MKULTRA
poormrpitiful
f1schu111
Hasler09
mwh
Jonahandre
Hanswurst
dudrocket
bringiton
Dimestore Romeo
cdala
McMenemy
visible_karma
Jerseyrain
Andy_
gtalbott
TGAFAN25
Chesser19
BossTime
A_Regular
Yozzy
TheContender
Breanne
sickgirl
driftwood
Ryan!
Klown
03aarm
lucasgaslight59
Bea
RobertODonnell
Jaywalk
Henriflame
brucesboots
Kosburn59
chickenman
azlisa
cpt.eddie
OutOfStep
SmilinSkullRing
eddiecash
goldlion_
cockypessimist
JerseyDevil
brianisbae
Little Eden
stephendgaf
Bigtittykitty
Jack
stayhungry
Mikeyc
IKeeptheDiner
colmillionaire
DaveSavedTheDay
Senor and the Queen
cholojames!
mescalero
Daire
ral
tdawg
Prisoner
kristi_atl
steph
Vibes
surfNJ
billy pilgrim
Asleepontheforestfloor
BxNeurotic
TonyRockyHorror
kieran
Refused
Snap
Palmer89
xstevenbx
Stalls_Standing
LBAZ
e7c
ktp
vamike
liveit
Don Juan
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:56 pm

MIddle East Upstairs... before senor and the queen... 2007?
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:11 pm

I'd only heard American Slang (the song) and bought the album to check it out. By the end of Bring It On, I was logged onto Ticketmaster and confirming my tickets to Radio City. I'd say Radio City was a hell of an intro to live Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chesser19

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 pm

My first time seeing Gaslight will be tomorrow. I'm excited beyond words. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a show like this before.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Chesser19
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:18 am

BossTime wrote:
I'd only heard American Slang (the song) and bought the album to check it out. By the end of Bring It On, I was logged onto Ticketmaster and confirming my tickets to Radio City. I'd say Radio City was a hell of an intro to live Gaslight.

Just wait 'til you see them with a General Admission Pit... It'll blow your mind
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Had been a gigantic fan for about a year and a half since discovering them, finally saw them in the Midwest this summer, 3 times!
Caught them in Minneapolis, St. Louis, and at Lollapalooza in Chicago. All the shows were different but awesome in their own ways. Minneapolis had a great vibe, the audience was really appreciating the guys. St. Louis turned into a crazy-ass moshpit during the encore, it was wild. Lollapalooza was just fun to see how many people were there.
Also, they signed my telecaster in St. Louis, all super cool guys, all lived up to my expectations.
Back to top Go down
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:41 pm

1st time I saw them was at Leeds festival in 2010 and they had just released American Slang. They were on fairly early on the bill and not many people were there. But the fans that were knew every song they played.

Never had a bigger smile on my face that day
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 am

1s time I saw them they played The Patient Ferris Wheel as a request for my birthday. Brian wished me a good birthday and declared it was a request before they kicked in with the intro.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:36 pm

June 2010 at the Hurricane Festival in Germany!
I was second row, mainly cause I wanted to see the Strokes who where headlining that day from the front!
But I fell in love with Gaslight! It was so awesome!
Back to top Go down
McMenemy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 pm

I remember I joined up on this site not long before I got to see The Gaslight Anthem. I'm a big fan of the band (duhhh), and Brian in particular. For me, the dude at the time was the one personality in music that I wanted to meet more than anyone else.

I booked the day off for the gig actually. It was in October, and in the next town over. My plan was to go and hang out by the venue for the band arriving, do some Christmas shopping then home, changed and back. So, the morning I woke up I had the most terrible flu. I actually had to get the train through as I couldn't drive. I got to the venue, waited a few hours but needed food so I left.

Anyway, by the time it came time for the gig, I was worse. My girlfriend was worried about how ill I actually was. I still went however. I took a box of strepsils, and against the notice of the box, I believe I must have had nearly 12 in the time between the first support act and TGA. By this point, I was dead on my feet, but second row from front.

Then it came. A 24 song set that I sang out loud and proud to everyone, and danced like a nutter. The following morning, unable to lift my head off of my pillow. I don't drink, and have never been drunk however I assumed that's what a hangover felt like. It was the most cool story I have about a gig.

On a side-note, I went to The Revival Tour last year. We actually left later than I'd hoped to get there which pissed me off, only to see Brian standing outside with the crowd before the gig. We stopped, had a very brief chat and got a photo with him. Man, they say never meet your idols... well, I say never meet your idols unless it's Brian Fallon.
Back to top Go down
McMenemy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
1s time I saw them they played The Patient Ferris Wheel as a request for my birthday. Brian wished me a good birthday and declared it was a request before they kicked in with the intro.

Can I ask how you got such a request to the band. I might try this for Red in the Morning or Senor and the Queen when I go to Brixton!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm

The first show I went to was the '59 Sound record release party at the Middle East Downstairs. I remember thinking, how do these people know all the words -- the album isn't out yet! So naive. I think I bought the maroon TGA gas attendant shirt at that show.

Me and my buddy ran into the band at Tavern in the Square before the show, but they were with people and might've been eating so we just said a quick hello and then exited.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm

My first show was just 2 months ago in Brixton, London. I finally gave in and got some days off work cause I had resigned to the fact that they never play anywhere convenient on the weekends, ie, somewhere I can get a direct flight to on sat morning and return on sunday.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 pm

McMenemy wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

Can I ask how you got such a request to the band. I might try this for Red in the Morning or Senor and the Queen when I go to Brixton!

Sorry Im only replying late. Ive only just seen this. I was lucky enough to speak to Brian before the show. I asked if he'd mind a request and said it was for my birthday. Bear in mind I'm not sure he is a big fan of people requesting stuff. I think he's more of the attitude that its his band and they've so worked hard for it so they have earned the right to choose their own setlist. It depends what mood he's in though so maybe if you catch him on the right day and you might be ok. He was a lot more approachable on the American Slang tour than he is now. Never shout a request from the crowd though haha.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Dimestore Romeo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 pm

First Time I saw Gaslight Anthem, Is actually an amazing thing I Was in a small Record Shop in Charlotte called Lunchbox Records with about 20 people Before Sink or Swim I believe. It was amazing
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 am

Don't think I've posted in this thread before so yeah.

First time I saw them was just after the release of American Slang. I remember getting into them around the '59 Sound and I had the choice to go to either their show at Academy 2 (I think) or James Morrison and I picked James Morrison. Sad

So I had to wait a while for this show, it was at Manchester Academy on June 24th if my memory is correct. I had the choice to go to either my school prom or the show, obviously I picked the show and it was awesome. I remember being so excited for that show and it lived up to all my expectations. Definitely worth skipping prom for.
Back to top Go down
dudrocket
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:37 am

At music festival in brisbane Australia, caught 3 songs.... 59 sound. Something stuck with me and have been lost in TGA haze ever since. Came across an ad for tickets in brisbane in may, back in feb and was pining for 4 months.
Saw them 3 days ago (10 may) holy crap was blown away. They are effing awesome.
If they aren't winning awards and on every radio station world wide..... My faith in music will be lost forever.
I'm 40 and a huge Metallica fan, but i have never liked every song a band has done....and there ain't one song of TGA I don't like or can't help but sing along to.
In my humble opinion , I hope they became the biggest rock band ever
Back to top Go down
dudrocket
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:39 am

Oh yeah and save house was an awesome surprise.... Never heard of him and he wasn't advertised that he was playing an he had me as a new fan by the end of his set....
Back to top Go down
dudrocket
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:39 am

Sorry.....Dave Hause
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:23 am

dudrocket wrote:
Save House

Neutral Shocked cyclops Very Happy geek lol! cheers Clap
Back to top Go down
Jonahandre
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:06 pm

In the beginning of April 2013.
I drove about 950 kilometres one way to Stockholm. I live in the north of Sweden. Don't know anyone else that listens to or like TGA around here like I do. Well some of my friends have bought some of their records and slightly begun to listen to them. And my younger brother ofc, which plays guitar and have taught himself to play a lot of the songs.

But anyway. I was pretty tired in my body, after like 8-9 hours of driving. But after a couple of beers I was in a perfect mood. They played at Berns in Stockholm, a very nice place for the concert but a lot of night club people around there so I wasn't hard to point out with my Dropkick Murphys t-shirt. A guy with a Bad Religion showed up and talked so I wasn't completly alone wearing something else than a suit.

Can't remember the whole setlist but the concert touched my heart in a way that no other band has done, and I have been to a lot of my favorite bands concerts.
Don't smoke but for some reason I had a lighter in my pocket so that came well in use for Here's looking at you kid, I think it was. Smile

Best concert of my life so far and waiting for some new tour dates at the moment!
Last but not least I hope to find a girlfriend that loves TGA, that would be so hot!
/ Jonah 21 yrs from Sweden, just signed up for the forum
Back to top Go down
mwh
A Contender
A Contender
mwh

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:30 am

Soundwave Festival in Perth, 2011, Social Distortion on the bill as well, was utterly fantastic.

My second fiance had just left me, but thankfully wasn't clever (or maybe cruel?) enough to take the concert tickets with her, so I gave one to my best friend and had one of the finest days of my life...
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:54 pm

London Forum June 2009 then again that year in Edmonton Canada in a tiny venue. Frank Turner was supporting. Both shows were amazing. Seen them around 10 times since then! Can't wait for them to come back to the U.k
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Seen them about 9 times but the gig that stays in my head is the first time i seen them at Glasgow June 23rd 2010, It just felt like a special gig Brian looked totally overwhelmed all night and the crowd sang every song old and new at the top of there lungs there was no dips in the show at all, and heres looking at u kid was just mind blowing,
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:19 pm

First time i saw them was november 21st 2010 on the american slang tour in Dublin, had only been listening a few months but already knew all the words, managed to drag my dad along with me. I remember they played their cover of 'Last Kiss', but the moment they took the stage i knew that was it i was obsessed, Been seeing them every time they came to ireland since, and once in glasgow Smile
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Hasler09 wrote:
London Forum June 2009 then again that year in Edmonton Canada in a tiny venue. Frank Turner was supporting. Both shows were amazing. Seen them around 10 times since then! Can't wait for them to come back to the U.k

edmonton '09 was my first show too! it introduced me to both Frank and the Loved Ones, so i got my money's worth even before gaslight came on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...   The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First time I saw The Gaslight Anthem...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next