DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newerish fan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stevethrax
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

newerish fan Empty
PostSubject: newerish fan   newerish fan Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 5:08 am

hi... my name is steve. i'm from the cleveland, ohio area.

Being a 90's kid, i loved pearl jam, alice in chains, nirvana, etc. i also loved metal, especially the bands from the thrash movement like anthrax, exodus, metallica, etc. through my teens and 20's, i really got into metal, but still kept up with "grunge" bands.

i got married, settled into a thankless job, and had kids. toward the end of my 30s, i found that i listened to less and less metal because i just wasn't as angry anymore. i was exhausted and depressed and if anything, metal was fueling that. so, i went back to to the seattle bands and started listening to them and found out that it helped. got to revisit a lot of stuff and discovered some stuff i missed along the way.

about 3-4 years ago, I was watching a stream and someone was listening to mulholland drive and i instantly thought it was an amazing song. listened to the entire album and loved it and really heard the influence that those 90s bands i love had on them. i kept going with the other albums, brian's solo stuff, and i loved it all. i found that i identified with so much of what brian says and the music helped me tremendously. needless to say, i was heartbroken when i found they weren't making music together anymore.

better late than never, right?

so glad i found these guys, i'm so glad they are back, and i'm super stoked to see them in cleveland in september.

cheers.

StitchWitch813 likes this post

Back to top Go down

newerish fan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: