DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinyl problems with Local Honey?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

Vinyl problems with Local Honey? Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl problems with Local Honey?   Vinyl problems with Local Honey? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 9:08 am

I've been listening to the new album on Spotify for a few days and really loving it!
Finally got my vinyl copy today and it was really distorted. Bad enough I thought there was a problem with my speakers but also not so bad that they might have actually released it like this.

I know I've had problems in the past, especially with the Painkillers box set which had a lot of bad sounding singles in it - The Blues, Mary was even warped).

It could just be a bad copy but wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this before I return it (which is gonna be tricky with the virus).
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl problems with Local Honey?   Vinyl problems with Local Honey? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 3:21 pm

Mine sounds fine ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl problems with Local Honey?   Vinyl problems with Local Honey? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 6:42 am

Thanks, must be just me then.
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl problems with Local Honey?   Vinyl problems with Local Honey? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 1:11 am

after a half dozen listens i havent had any issues either.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl problems with Local Honey?   Vinyl problems with Local Honey? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 5:40 am

Just in case anyone else does have this problem (the record store told me they had a few people complain after me) I fixed it by increasing the weight on the tone arm. All my other records work fine so it shouldn’t have been necessary but a little more weight and it started sounding good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl problems with Local Honey?   Vinyl problems with Local Honey? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl problems with Local Honey?
Page 1 of 1