DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips for a newbie?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Tips for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: Tips for a newbie?   Tips for a newbie? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'm kinda new to the forum so sorry if I break any house rules or anything, in the past I've found some boards to be very picky when it comes to this.

I love the Gaslight Anthem (I expect you all do hence why you're a member of this forum) and am pondering starting to collect vinyl. From reading forum posts/list I understand some of you are absolute gods when it comes to this with complete collections, rare items etc.

Therefore I was wondering if you could possible share any tips at all with me you may have picked up through experience about getting started/getting a collection? It could be blindingly obvious (e.g. where to buy? - I'm in the UK by the way) to the not so obvious things only veteran collectors may know.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tips for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for a newbie?   Tips for a newbie? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:35 pm

I also started recently,but here are my tow 'tips':
1.First buy the versions which are still available in stores for the normal price.They might be sold out soon,too,and then they're more rare and expensive than.
2.Here is a list (thanks again to stalls_standing) with the recent prices,so I wouldn't pay much more than the prices on the list... Wink

And now have fun while collecting Smile
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Tips for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for a newbie?   Tips for a newbie? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 pm

For all future presses, definately get involved in pre-orders and look at sites like Vinyl Collective often.
The hardest records to get will be Sink or Swim on Black and Senor and Queen on white
Back to top Go down

Tips for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for a newbie?   Tips for a newbie? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks guys.
I've had a copy of Old White Lincoln ordered from one website for two weeks, still not got it. Looks like they've sold out, so I know to act quickly in future!

Vinyl Collective, I'll remember that one.
I'd heard that SoS on black is very rare, and will keep a look out, but had no idea SaQ White was two. Ideally I don't want to have to sell one of my kidneys on the black market to fund buying a record, so I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled!

Any more tips/hints would be great. I'd best get buying. Wink
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Tips for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for a newbie?   Tips for a newbie? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 am

I think using the list that Stalls put together in the other thread (I will try to remember to come back and post it here) is really helpful and makes eBay much better... just cause a print is OOP does not make it valuable...

my suggestion if you are going to get into collecting vinyl is try to get a 1st pressing of each record and then also whatever you think it is the coolest looking one; otherwise it gets really expensive
Back to top Go down
Tim
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tips for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for a newbie?   Tips for a newbie? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Senor and Queen on white

one just went on ebay for $193.50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tips for a newbie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for a newbie?   Tips for a newbie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for a newbie?
Page 1 of 1