DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!

Go down 
+7
enola
cowgirlwiththeblues
Gumption
miked331
shiftynj
steady now steady now
jonnyz83
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 am

As rumored, it seems our favorite BAND - yes I said BAND - is back and performing together at the Governor's Ball in NYC in June!!

The official lineup says "The Gaslight Anthem (performing The '59 Sound)"!!!!

Source: https://www.governorsballmusicfestival.com/lineup/
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 am

'unhiatus' performance bounce

and seemingly not a one off
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 10:38 am

I'm psyched this is happening, but kinda annoyed they chose a festival to do this. I want to go but I don't know who 90% of the other bands are and it appears you can only get tickets for all three days, at least as of yet.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 am

This is very exciting news. Even if this is just a one off for now it's confirmation that at some point we will get a tour down the road.

Cannot wait to hear Great Expectations live again.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 10:45 am

This is awesome, promising news. And a WAY better lineup than Coachella.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

shiftynj wrote:
I'm psyched this is happening, but kinda annoyed they chose a festival to do this. I want to go but I don't know who 90% of the other bands are and it appears you can only get tickets for all three days, at least as of yet.

Agreed - I have no desire to go to this festival. I'm just hoping this is a positive sign of things to come from the full band (i.e. more shows, dare I say new music down the road...eventually).
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am

Camp Dimestore Saints anyone?
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 am

steady now steady now wrote:
'unhiatus' performance  bounce

What did you see that makes you think so?
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 am

shiftynj wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
'unhiatus' performance  bounce

What did you see that makes you think so?

Benny's tweet.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am

Ah cool, yea just saw that on Reddit. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am

I suspect there will be more festivals rather than a proper tour because of the time of year. Hope they get announced soon, because I don’t want to pay to go to New York if there’s something closer! Either way, very exciting news!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 am

Brian just tweeted that more shows will be announced soon.

I would also suspect it will be festival appearances rather than headline shows. Very excited though and a good enough reason for me to go to a festival which I normally would avoid at all cost Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:07 pm

enola wrote:

I would also suspect it will be festival appearances rather than headline shows. Very excited though and a good enough reason for me to go to a festival which I normally would avoid at all cost Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why? You don't like fun? New experiences? Music? Beer? Sun? Fun?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Gumption wrote:

Why?  You don't like fun?  New experiences?  Music?  Beer?  Sun?  Fun?

I guess I don't like many drunk people in one place Wink
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:26 pm

I’m with you in the festivals thing. For me, it’s mainly about paying a fortune, queuing in traffic and fighting your way thorough huge crowds to see a 45 minute set from the one band you’re interested in (usually with crap sound), who would usually play 2 hours at your local venue for a quarter of the price. But this will definitely be worth it!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:34 pm

enola wrote:
Gumption wrote:

So no beer and no fun. Everyone else is glad you stay home.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:52 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I’m with you in the festivals thing. For me, it’s mainly about paying a fortune, queuing in traffic and fighting your way thorough huge crowds to see a 45 minute set from the one band you’re interested in (usually with crap sound), who would usually play 2 hours at your local venue for a quarter of the price. But this will definitely be worth it!

Sent from Topic'it App

Yes, that's how I feel about it too Smile
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Gumption wrote:
enola wrote:
Gumption wrote:

So no beer and no fun.  Everyone else is glad you stay home.

Now that's a nice thing to say.
Back to top Go down
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 pm

I am 100% at this - 100%

Also - Jack White, Manchester Orchestra, The Menzingers, Japandroids- there is some really good stuff here.

Gov Ball kinda sucks as a fest - such a pain to get to -but whatever, Im going

Also, we will know when Boston Calling releases its line-up if Gaslight, fest whore, is going to be a thing, I think
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 pm

enola wrote:

I'd imagine there will be a mix. I'd also say 100% there is a Jersey show. Hopefully at convention hall or Starland.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm

miked331 wrote:
enola wrote:

I'd imagine there will be a mix. I'd also say 100% there is a Jersey show. Hopefully at convention hall or Starland.

Hope you're right. I'd rather see them headline, but if not maybe I'll get just that day and hope the Menzingers are also on the bill.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 3:19 pm

shiftynj wrote:
miked331 wrote:
enola wrote:

Hope you're right. I'd rather see them headline, but if not maybe I'll get just that day and hope the Menzingers are also on the bill.

Last year they announced the lineup on 1/4, announced the single day lineups on 1/31, and single day tickets went on sale 2/2. If they keep the same schedule, we should find out which day has which bands on 1/30 this year.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 7:40 pm

According to bands in town app they play 6/1

Not sure if legit
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:00 pm

miked331 wrote:
According to bands in town app they play 6/1

Not sure if legit

Pretty sure it just defaults to the first day of the festival (which is 6/1). Would wait until Gov Ball announces the lineups to make any plans.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Gaslight is playing from 9:15-11 on June 2 (they're headlining the second stage).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!   The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem reunion performance in NYC!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next