DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!

Go down 
+19
RobertODonnell
Shrewsbury_Stars
rumham
StitchesOnTheRadio
The_River
MorganEightSix
bt211
steady now steady now
TGA30
ivienco
crsmsi
Roe
miked331
cowgirlwiththeblues
eagles1139
enola
shiftynj
jonnyz83
kjakm
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Empty
PostSubject: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:16 pm

It was just announced on his Facebook that we will get the first single from the new record this Friday. So excited for this.

Quote :
Excited to share that the first song from my upcoming album will be out this Friday. New York and LA! Lets kick off November together. Playing two small shows at Public Arts and Hotel Cafe. Going to play the new track for the first time. Tickets on sale NOW!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Any idea how we actually get to listen to the single? Or own it?
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:22 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:
Any idea how we actually get to listen to the single? Or own it?

Friday is music industry release day so sounds like it will be a proper release and I'd guess it'll be on all the usual streaming sites (maybe as part of a proper pre-order on iTunes too).
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 pm

I just checked Vintage Vinyl. Nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Seems the title of the single is "Forget Me Not"
https://twitter.com/thebrianfallon/status/923256777210322944

Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Dnardv10
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:12 pm

If you check out his current Instagram story there’s about a 10 second clip of the song 🙃
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:25 pm

kjakm wrote:
If you check out his current Instagram story there’s about a 10 second clip of the song 🙃

Am I missing something? I see the "forget me not" cover but no music or link.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 pm

You have to view his ‘story’ by pressing the little Brian Fallon circle in the horizontal list of circles at the top of the main screen.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Woah, his voice...
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 5:05 pm

kjakm wrote:
You have to view his ‘story’ by pressing the little Brian Fallon circle in the horizontal list of circles at the top of the main screen.

AH got it, thank you!!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 5:22 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Woah, his voice...

Hell yes! He's got his "soul voice" back!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 6:20 pm

I always think of it as his Horrible Crowes voice, but there’s definitely some soul going on there.

Going purely on that first line, I’m kind of hoping this might be an actual happy song. Not sure if he has written one of those before!
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 8:33 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I always think of it as his Horrible Crowes voice, but there’s definitely some soul going on there.

Going purely on that first line, I’m kind of hoping this might be an actual happy song. Not sure if he has written one of those before!

Wonderful Life
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:38 pm

These seem happy (or at least mostly) to me, unless I'm vastly misinterpreting the lyrics:

"Among Other Foolish Things"
"Casanova Baby"
"Here Comes My Man"
"We Came to Dance"
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 am

Yeah, I guess there are a few that are happy, or at least happy-ish. Although We Came To Dance may be the only one without any kind of sad undercurrent. I guess I’m hoping for something different from this one, as I don’t think there’s any improving upon Painkillers for that style of music - happy would be a nice twist for me.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Single is for sale on iTunes Australia and you can get an extended preview there as well.

edit: FLAC is on 7digital too. Only 16/44.1 but hopefully the US site will have 24 bit available tomorrow. With Painkillers they didn't offer the 24 until the album dropped but either way it's new Brian Fallon!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Yeah, I guess there are a few that are happy, or at least happy-ish.  Although We Came To Dance may be the only one without any kind of sad undercurrent.  I guess I’m hoping for something different from this one, as I don’t think there’s any improving upon Painkillers for that style of music - happy would be a nice twist for me.

I totally can understand that.

There are some TGA songs, e.g. "The '59 sound" where the beat would lead you to think it was a happy song ("upbeat" see what I did there?) but the lyrics tell another story. I remember sitting in my truck and listening to the acoustic version and really understanding it for the first time, and I about lost it. Granted this was in early November of last year, so that might have contributed to my emo.
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Old White Lincoln seems like a story about a happy memory.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Brian tweeted that Alt Nation will be debuting the song today during Advanced Placement, which starts at 3 pm ET. I've had it on since 2:45 pm ET and no play yet. So still time for you all to tune in!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 4:21 pm

And......it just played. It's awesome! Can't wait for the record!
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 5:03 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:
And......it just played. It's awesome! Can't wait for the record!
I can't wait either!! I feel like he's got his Old White Lincoln and the such vibes... I'm in love with this song!
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 pm

https://www.7digital.com/artist/brian-fallon/release/forget-me-not-7006178

For sale in the UK now
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Played it the second it came out in the UK and wow. Love this. Need the rest of the record now!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:13 pm

This song is incredible. It's right in his wheelhouse but has a certain swagger to it. Gonna be a ripper live.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 pm

With the organs it kind of sounds like how I'd imagine an upbeat Horrible Crowes would sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next