DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's second solo album

Go down 
+10
enola
crsmsi
Prisoner
eagles1139
Harbortown
shiftynj
cowgirlwiththeblues
Anya_TGA
ivienco
TGAforLIFE
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Brian's second solo album Empty
PostSubject: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Brian Fallon LP 2??? Just curious about this because I saw something on the Twitter but I can't seem to find anything online about it, or here... my go to place for such topics. Please help this guy (the one typing this message) here...

Thx!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 pm

I found this... Writing songs, etc., but any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,TGAforLIFE

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/732524/Brian-Fallon-The-Gaslight-Anthem-solo-album-tour-Painkillers
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 4:02 pm

He's been posting on Instagram lately, he's writing and prepping the new album Smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQeE-qNDfCa/?taken-by=thebrianfallon
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm very curious how his new solo record will sound like..he has posted a few pictures in instagram lately regarding his new album!

I know it's a bit too early to guess..but when do you think will we hear a new song or when do you think will the new record be released?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm excited about it already. I love everything he does anyway, but on his first Instagram post about it he concluded with #heavyrandb (or something similar) which makes me think of a lot of my favourite bands from the seventies. I'll be surprised if he makes anything as good as Painkillers, but I have great confidence it will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm pretty sure it will be good but so good as Painkillers will be difficult but we will see
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 5:55 pm

I guess Brian's recent instagram post is promising and pointing to the new record I think
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 4:40 am

Definitely seems like it's on the cards. He cancelled that gig in London because of recording commitments, so I'd guess it's all happening pretty soon.

From the kind of music he seems to be inspired by at the moment, I think it will be something quite different from Painkillers. I certainly hope that's the case, because I think if he tries to do something in the same style it would be very difficult to make it as good. And he's always said he's not a fan of looking back and trying to recreate something from the past. I have high hopes for it; he hasn't let me down to date!
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 1:49 am

I think you are right, lots of references on Twitter and Instagram to studio work. Of course he's also worked on the Scandals and Matthew Ryan's new albums recently.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 5:57 pm

I cannot wait how his new solo record will sound like...probably completely different than the other one or THC and M&TZ
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:00 am

I'd love to see him get more creative with chord progressions.

A wonderful life, Among other foolish things, Nobody wins, Rosemary and Red lights (off the top of my head) all have the same chord progression in the chorus. In different keys perhaps, but still. It's one of my favorites, and when you're writing pop/rock songs you're kind of limited regardless, but we've seen him experiment in the past so I'd like to see some of that.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 5:56 pm

it seems like the record will come out around autumn
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Randomly just saw this but Brian responded to a comment on his latest instagram and said Ted Hutt will be producing.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 11:02 am

eagles1139 wrote:
Randomly just saw this but Brian responded to a comment on his latest instagram and said Ted Hutt will be producing.

cheers

That's great news. The best sounding Gaslight (and the Horrible Crowes) albums were produced by him.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:40 pm

My first thought was to be disappointed that he's not working with Butch Walker again, but actually I'm hoping this record won't be Painkillers part 2, but something different. And actually, Ted did my other two favourite records that Brian has made, so clearly they make a good team. Good news.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm

those are great news! cannot wait to hear his new record!
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 8:31 am

Harbortown wrote:
A wonderful life, Among other foolish things, Nobody wins, Rosemary and Red lights (off the top of my head) all have the same chord progression in the chorus.

I never noticed that. But those are the catchiest songs on the album, so this progression seems to work. Anyway, I'm excited for the new album. I'm sure it'll be great!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:15 am

There are rumours of a tour later this year but I guess it all depends on the release date. Demos seem to be almost done now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:52 pm

wow sounds great!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:55 pm

I suspect it might be next year before he gets to Europe...the US usually gets the first tour. Fingers crossed though!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 5:54 pm

yeah I also think so..US is always first..so probably around January and February I guess (and hope) in Europe
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Heading to New Orleans to record it soon. I wonder how much of an impact the location will have on the sound of the record. I'm thinking November seems like a reasonable time for a release
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 5:58 pm

that sounds promosing! I think I read somewhere that the record will be released around autumn
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:36 am

if the new album sounds like this setup looks like, then I'm going to like it I love you
https://instagram.com/p/BWC9uFyg73Y/
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm loving all these studio pics; it's definitely getting me excited about the record, which I guess is the point! And for a gear nerd like me, it's a great insight into the process they're going through. And yes, that little vocal area is lovely, far better than the normal sterile glass room. Has to be good for performance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's second solo album   Brian's second solo album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's second solo album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next