DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's Next

Go down 
+3
shiftynj
Rose1991
miked331
7 posters
AuthorMessage
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 1:29 am

As this awful year of 2016 comes to a close what do people think is in the future for Brian/TGA?

We know Brian has said that Gaslight will get back together when it feels right. Later in the year at least I felt like it was more likely to happen at some point based on some quotes vs earlier in the year.

On the flip side Brian has said he's already writing more songs (not specifically saying they are for a 2nd solo album or not).

Besides the Asbury Park shows nothing yet is on tap for the new year.

Painkillers and the tours were terrific. Whatever it is cant wait for the next chapter.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 5:44 am

He said in an Instagram caption the other day that he was going home to "write more songs for [himself]" which would indicate another solo album/tour cycle now that Painkillers is officially completed.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 2:48 pm

I saw in an interview as well as on Instagram that another solo album is likely next. He mentioned working on "a demo" with Jared Hart doing backing vocals... no idea if that was just because if he's available or would be appearing on forthcoming record.

I think, if the the seemingly good relationship between the guys on Twitter and Instagram is any indication, there is still reasonable hope that they will reunite when the time is right.

Having seen Brian live six times over the last year, the most recent time being the other day, I will speculate wildly by saying I think he's in a better place mentally/emotionally than he was a year ago. Assuming his post-divorce malaise had something to do with the state of things during and after Get Hurt, I am hopeful that means he will be ready to rock out again one day soon.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:48 pm

I definitely envision TGA getting back together sometime in the next few years, but I wouldn't really be surprised if it's just live shows and not a new album of material. My guess would be another Brian album later in '17, followed by touring in support of it. Then sometime around that cycle TGA reunites for a handful of shows probably in the northeast and see how it goes. If things are good I can see some smaller tours here and there and possibly a new album depending on Brian's headspace. Overall, I suspect we'll see Brian solo albums/tours going forward with the occasional taste of TGA in between.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I read in a few interviews that Brian is working on his new solo record...so Id guess it will take more years till Gaslight will release anything..

Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 7:45 pm

shiftynj wrote:
I saw in an interview as well as on Instagram that another solo album is likely next. He mentioned working on "a demo" with Jared Hart doing backing vocals... no idea if that was just because if he's available or would be appearing on forthcoming record.

it's great to see that Jared and Brian are working together on his new stuff...Ive also read somewhere that there will be an EP of The Scandals produced by Brian
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 pm

I'd put money on another solo album at least before Gaslight do anything else. It would be nice to see Jared involved, as they make a great team. Although less important on record than live, as Brian is also a great backing vocalist himself! I think I read somewhere that the Scandals EP is going to finally see the light of day soon, but can't remember where!
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 3:31 pm

I'd say not for another few years... I don't think they'll get back together any time soon anyway Sad Hope I'm wrong, though...
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Id also say it will take more years because Brian is currently working in his second solo record (as far as I can tell from his insta post)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Next   What's Next Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Next
Page 1 of 1