DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)

Go down 
+34
onbackstreetsinbackseats
JacksSmirkingRevenge
StitchesOnTheRadio
CapedAvenger
Boy From Little Eden
Prisoner
Keele
SirBrad
pepperedham
Brother Beck
eagles1139
FrankTheTank
stephendgaf
miked331
bt211
steady now steady now
Asmith1912
jonnyz83
Roe
Smasha13
mja271
CoolCalmChris
Shrewsbury_Stars
The boy from Little Eden
Jaws
allamericandan1
Anya_TGA
kjakm
cowgirlwiththeblues
The_River
enola
Jerseyrain
ProMayhem
GibsonFF19
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 6:35 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
As far as Brian is concerned, does he really just want these tracks to be heard by the 2,000 people who manage to get hold of the vinyl?
Is this a tremendously unsubtle hint that they'll be available on iTunes/elsewhere some time soon?

I sure hope so. Seems like a lot of effort to record three songs for the benefit of 2000 fans. Well, probably more like 1900 fans, 100 vinyl nuts, and a few hundred eBay profiteers.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 3:54 am

Tfw you face it,  you like this ep a lot more than painkillers.
BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 200w_d
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 6:59 am

I actually prefer the old version of Tin Pan Alley. Rawer vocals
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 12:47 pm

ANYONE STILL NEED A COPY OF GEORGIA?

So, I accidentally ended up with an extra one of these lovely EPs. If anyone is still looking for it, I'm selling it for face plus shipped costs and not a penny more! I just don't want to lose money on it. First come first serve. Europe you're included if you're willing to pay those not pretty shipping costs. PM me if you're interested!
Back to top Go down
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 4:08 pm

The recording of Georgia seems a lot weaker than the other 2 tacks. Love the new recording of Tin Pan Alley and low love is fantastic too.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 pm

I agree with ProMayhem The recording of Georgia could have been a lot better. The vocals are inconsistent and not quite loud enough compared with the instrumentation. Its a great song but every time I hear it I think 'This could have been better. Love Tin Pan Alley, in reality iot doesn't sound a whole lot different but then again it didn't need changing, this is just cleaner. I was under the assumption that Butch would have produced these tracks too. Who did?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:13 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
I was under the assumption that Butch would have produced these tracks too. Who did?

I think they were recorded at Treehouse Sound: http://upinthetreehouse.com

Brian Fallon on instagram wrote:
Digging in the dirt... Finishing up the bonus songs with a bang at @treehousesound what an awesome ride this has been, and what a blast recording with my friends! I can't wait to put these songs out! @perkins28 @xandermilia @cousin_frank
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:05 pm

I like this version of "Low Love" fine, but as someone who fell head over heels for the acoustic version...yeah, I wish they'd just brought in the cello for it on this RSD release.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Spin Records in Carlsbad CA has 3 copies if anyone hasn't gotten it yet. $18.99.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:13 pm

just ordered mine on discogs....for a nice price except for shipping rates..but for those who dont have it yet..check discogs..more and more are popping up but be quick...
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:20 pm

I've done the same; Banquet is looking less and less likely, and I don't want all the sensibly priced ones to go, as some people are asking a fortune! I've actually paid more for postage than for the record, which is silly, but seems like the only option.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:24 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I've done the same; Banquet is looking less and less likely, and I don't want all the sensibly priced ones to go, as some people are asking a fortune!  I've actually paid more for postage than for the record, which is silly, but seems like the only option.

yeah..I doubt that Banquet will get any..and if you check ebay..the prices are getting higher and higher..I also wanted to wait but I know that it wont get cheaper...

so buy it..because you will regret if you don't...always remember: you regret more what you havent done, than what you've done
Back to top Go down
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 6:02 am

Hey guys I actually ended up with two copies so I am obviously going to keep one but as far as the other one goes I am willing to let it go to someone on here in return for something else gaslight related... Posters, other 7", set-list/guitar picks,"local summer" on vinyl... maybe a "horrible crowes live at the troubadour" or even a coffee house sessions cassette(just kidding.. I wish!) but anyways... pm me if you are interested!

Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 8:36 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
you regret more what you havent done, than what you've done

Once I didn't jump from a cliff. I still don't regret that. On the other hand I still regret some stuff with some women that I wish I'd stayed friend with.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:16 am

Boy From Little Eden wrote:
Hey guys I actually ended up with two copies so I am obviously going to keep one but as far as the other one goes I am willing to let it go to someone on here in return for something else gaslight related... Posters, other 7", set-list/guitar picks,"local summer" on vinyl... maybe a "horrible crowes live at the troubadour" or even a coffee house sessions cassette(just kidding.. I wish!) but anyways... pm me if you are interested!

DM'd you!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
and if you check ebay..the prices are getting higher and higher..I also wanted to wait but I know that it wont get cheaper...

Isn't this still the early panic rush? If they really pressed 2,000, then how expensive can they get?

Last edited by steady now steady now on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
and if you check ebay..the prices are getting higher and higher..I also wanted to wait but I know that it wont get cheaper...

Isn't this still the early panic rush? If they really pressed 2,000, then how expensive can they get?

Way too early. These will be floating around for a long time and for much less money than they're going for now.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

Isn't this still the early panic rush. If they really pressed 2,000, then how expensive can they get?

Way too early. These will be floating around for a long time and for much less money than they're going for now.

In stock in Germany at http://www.hhv.de/shop/de/artikel/brian-fallon-of-gaslight-anthem-georgia-460663
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 6:15 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

yeah could be!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Just got mine, and it was well worth paying for international delivery...great songs, especially Georgia. I do think it's a shame that one didn't get the Butch Walker treatment. It sounds fine, but I can just hear it with all the big bv's, oohs and aahs, barroom style piano and so on that the album got. It's such a great song, and would have been one of the best in the record I think.

Kind of weird making a record with a man from Georgia and not recording the song called Georgia!!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 6:44 pm

I picked mine up on Friday at the post office! I also paid (a lot) for international shipping, but it was totally worth it and I got it within one week from the US, pretty fast shipping

I really love Georgia!! and Tin Pan Alley...those backing vocals are soo awesome! I think I prefer that one over the one from the 'Gospel songs'
Back to top Go down
etomford
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:25 am

For anyone who still needs this. Looks like some are available at RSD prices here

http://www.musicrecordshop.com/brian-fallon-georgia-vinyl-record-2016.html
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:05 am

Prisoner wrote:
I actually prefer the old version of Tin Pan Alley. Rawer vocals

^ THIS ^

I ended up paying something like $30 dlvd for mine from ebay, and luckily I have a turntable, but more than that I have an audiophile friend who can convert vinyl to digital. so, these 3 songs are now on my iTunes on my computer, and on my iPhone...

all in all, a good release.
Back to top Go down
staylucky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
staylucky

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 am

I know it's a bit desperate to be digging up a 2.5 year old thread, but by any chance is anyone looking to part with a copy of this? Just thought I'd check here before blowing £60-70 elsewhere...
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Wow, is that how much they’re going for now? I hope you find one for a sensible price, will keep my eyes open.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next