DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)

Go down 
+34
onbackstreetsinbackseats
JacksSmirkingRevenge
StitchesOnTheRadio
CapedAvenger
Boy From Little Eden
Prisoner
Keele
SirBrad
pepperedham
Brother Beck
eagles1139
FrankTheTank
stephendgaf
miked331
bt211
steady now steady now
Asmith1912
jonnyz83
Roe
Smasha13
mja271
CoolCalmChris
Shrewsbury_Stars
The boy from Little Eden
Jaws
allamericandan1
Anya_TGA
kjakm
cowgirlwiththeblues
The_River
enola
Jerseyrain
ProMayhem
GibsonFF19
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:44 am

FrankTheTank wrote:
I have a audio technica usb turntable and I ripped it to flac and apple lossless it sounds perfect I am probably the only one in the world that has the Georgia record on iTunes in apple lossless! I'd put it on you tube but I'm not sure if that's against dime store/you tube rules

It would definitely be against YouTube rules and breach copyright in every jurisdiction. Frying Pan

On DimestoreSaints you cannot post, offer, or request rips to commercially available material.

As far as Brian is concerned, does he really just want these tracks to be heard by the 2,000 people who manage to get hold of the vinyl?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:06 am

Just ordered from Vintage Vinyl. $16.99 USD

http://vvinyl.com/shop/brian-fallon-georgia-602547768698
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Feel free to discuss the EP if you've heard it.

For my part I love the new version of 'Tin Pan Alley'. It has a lovely lightness to it, though I've always enjoyed the original.

New to 'Low Love', as I haven't listened to any to any of the live videos. Not sure about the lyrics at first listen.

As for 'Georgia', well, that's classic Fallon there. Great sing-along stuff.

The production is fine, though I wonder what Butch Walker would have done with them, had they been recorded as part of the Painkillers session.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Brother Beck
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Brother Beck

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:00 pm

The studio version of Low Love is glorious.  Absolutely beautiful recording of an amazing song.  This version of Tin Pan Alley is pretty great too.  I have always loved this song and I must say I am particularly fond of this full-band arrangement.  Georgia is a simply outstanding song, and a fully-fleshed out, Butch Walker-produced version of it would probably be one of the greatest songs Brian has released in any capacity...  but I can't lie, this studio version sounds like a demo.  It sounds like something a group would bang out in a home studio to then bring to a producer to bring to fruition.  It is still a great song and I am happy to have a clean studio version of it.  I don't really get that impression from the other two songs on here though, they sound complete to me.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 5:25 pm

I probably enjoy this little collection of songs way more than Painkillers.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Roe wrote:
Just ordered from Vintage Vinyl. $16.99 USD

http://vvinyl.com/shop/brian-fallon-georgia-602547768698

I ordered it and it got canceled...damn it...now I hope some other stores will put some online
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Georgia is probably the most "Gaslight" sounding song of any of the BF solo stuff so far imo.
Back to top Go down
CoolCalmChris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CoolCalmChris

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 7:47 pm

I really hope this gets a digital release. The only place I can find it atm is Ebay, and with shipping from the US it'd cost me between £40-£50.
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/users/567442
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Georgia would fit right next to Sweet Morphine and Mama's Boys.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 8:59 pm

Does the album come with mp3 downloads? I don't own a record player but would pay for the album if I get download codes.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
FrankTheTank
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FrankTheTank

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:12 pm

It doesn't come with a download card
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 10:11 pm

pepperedham wrote:

But it'd be the best of those 3.

Boyd Crowder rules.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Anyone in Australia looking for this, here's a local distro:

http://shop.resistrecords.com/collections/vinyl/products/brianfallongeorgia12
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:10 pm

I love the songs and to be honest if they were on Painkillers they might be my 3 favorite songs.

But come on, $17 retail for 3 songs? Give me a break. And to add insult to injury my copy is warped and full of hairline scratches from the cheapo innersleeves.

I am ready for the vinyl bubble to bust already...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 pm

Don't buy it then. Giving them your money won't make that bubble bust.
Back to top Go down
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 am

stephendgaf wrote:
pepperedham wrote:

Boyd Crowder rules.
Agreed that it'd be the best of the 3. It's a killer track!

And YES! A fellow Justified fan is great to come by.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 1:36 am

pepperedham wrote:
stephendgaf wrote:
pepperedham wrote:

Boyd Crowder rules.
Agreed that it'd be the best of the 3. It's a killer track!

And YES! A fellow Justified fan is great to come by.

To derail the thread for a moment, but amazing show, Walton is an amazing actor. I miss that show a lot.

Carry on with Georgia talk. All of these songs are fantastic. I kind of wish Painkillers had this production.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 4:39 am

Really happy with Tin Pan Alley and I do like this version of Low Love better than the acoustic version he was playing live. I can see why people say Georgia has a demo vibe, but the first two songs sound good;

Now all we need is to have The Blues Mary and Digging In The Dirt out there.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 6:05 am

Hope the next Brian record is in the vein of the Georgia ep, and he should get back to work with Ted Hutt.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 7:54 am

The_River wrote:
Hope the next Brian record is in the vein of the Georgia ep, and he should get back to work with Ted Hutt.

Yes! I second that statement
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 11:15 am

In stock at bullmoose now:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/21756998/brian-fallon-georgia
Back to top Go down
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:26 pm

"I was born with rain inside my shoes".... What a line....

Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Boy From Little Eden wrote:
"I was born with rain inside my shoes".... What a line....

That line killed me. Really great lyrics on that track. Wish the vocals were a bit louder though, I really have to strain to make it all out.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 5:22 pm

does anyone maybe know a European page where one can order the ep online?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Vintage Vinyl listing this as back in stock at the moment:

http://vvinyl.com/shop/brian-fallon-georgia-602547768698?search=brian%20fallon

EDIT: Gone again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)   BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF 'Georgia' EP - Record Store Day Release (DO NOT POST RIPS)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next