DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist

Go down 
+13
NotLikeWeBleed
Ashburtongeorge
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
ProMayhem
cowgirlwiththeblues
miked331
Keele
kjakm
Anya_TGA
Prisoner
enola
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Empty
PostSubject: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Just launched the new #WonderfulLife Collaborative Playlist!  Add your favorite wonderful life themed tracks to help unlock two songs that you won't find anywhere else... not even on the upcoming album

https://www.facebook.com/thebrianfallon/photos/a.926143477423279.1073741828.919742001396760/987964234574536/?type=3

https://open.spotify.com/user/brianfallonofficial/playlist/1VeUUm1xebOodraQ9al3tc
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Perhaps this will unlock Low Love?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 pm

very curious what those 2 songs are
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Cool idea, and I'm really excited we're getting another two songs soon.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Prisoner wrote:
Perhaps this will unlock Low Love?

Looks like Low Love will be a record store day release: http://thebrianfallon.tumblr.com/post/138739913714/any-chance-we-are-going-to-get-studio-versions-of
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Bring on the b-sides.

So that's Low Love, Digging In The Dirt, and The Blues Mary that we know of. Wonder if these two songs will be a combination of those b-sides or something else all together.I still don't understand this promotion and who and how we get the songs, but I want the songs.

This album should really be coming out now and not in March. Hype is right at it's peak with 3 songs released, a video for Wonderful Life, radio appearances, a tour, articles, Tumblr ask session. Plus Brian wants it in peoples hands too.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Is it me? Why can't I figure out how to add songs
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 6:00 am

Not just you, I had to google it. Once you're following the playlist (not sure if that's the right word) search for the song you want using the normal search function. Then the menu on the dots at the right hand side of the song has an 'add to playlist' option, and one of the choices will be this playlist.
Back to top Go down
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:34 am

I've added some! Wonder where this gets unlocked and how u get to hear it
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:28 am

Really hoping you can download them and not just have them on Spotify... I signed up for the 30 day free trial specifically for this, so I don't want to lose the tracks at the end of that time!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:41 pm

This is kind of cool. Does anyone know if there's any sort of minimum per person for how many you have to add or are we all just working toward one total together? Also "Shot at the Night" by The Killers is very popular apparently.

And some people don't get the assignment, haha. Not sure these have a "wonderful life" theme...

"I wish I were Blind" by Bruce Springsteen - He's upset because the girl he loves is with another dude
"Autism Vaccine Blues" by Dave Hause -he's literally saying he has the blues and contemplates if he's better off dead.

^good songs though
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 5:08 pm

I'd love to know how this thing is gonna work. It's all been very vague so far. As in how many songs do we need to add? When's the deadline etc. Its pointless if they're not downloads let as mp3
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:16 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

"Autism Vaccine Blues" by Dave Hause -he's literally saying he has the blues and contemplates if he's better off dead.

This made me laugh so hard.

I don't quite get it, but it seems like a cool idea.

People in the Facebook comments are bitchy. But what else is new.

EDIT: Is this true? ""You will allow Universal Music to manage who you are following"" (comment on FB)
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 8:25 pm

I also just signed up for 30 days free...so I hope those songs will also be available somewhere else
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 8:26 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Not just you, I had to google it.   Once you're following the playlist (not sure if that's the right word) search for the song you want using the normal search function.  Then the menu on the dots at the right hand side  of the song has an 'add to playlist' option, and one of the choices will be this playlist.

ok great...than I have done it right..took me very long figuring out how it works
Back to top Go down
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Not absolutely sure how it all works but I like the concept! Just tried to go with songs that made me happy?! Haha
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 11:31 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

This made me laugh so hard.

I don't quite get it, but it seems like a cool idea.

People in the Facebook comments are bitchy. But what else is new.

EDIT: Is this true? ""You will allow Universal Music to manage who you are following"" (comment on FB)

Yeah it's true. That's why I started bitching on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 5:26 pm

I get that one wants to promote an album on as many platforms as possible, as most people (not fans) would probabaly only come across one promotion.

That said, I guess I am rather old fashioned in that I'd simply like an album with all the stuff considered good enough to be heard. If there is other good stuff that doesn't fit the theme, etc. of the album, then by all means release some bonus tracks, but put them on an EP, not scattered all over the place. (Anyway, why include MatZ 'covers' Smile on the album, but release previously unreleased material as bonus tracks?)

As for this Spotify promotion, given that we have a carefully spaced out release of tracks from the album, how are two non-album tracks going to fit in with all this? I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until late in March. After all, it seems that Universal is using this to push other artists onto us, if they really do set whom we follow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 10:30 pm

I've added about ten songs so hopefully that's enough to trigger whatever songs they are. I'm really hoping Italian Lightnings one of them. I wish we knew more though. Timeframe and how this is gonna work!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 1:37 am

I'm guessing it's likely The Blues Mary and Digging In The Dirt if we get to hear them at all.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 6:02 am

It does say tracks that we won't hear anywhere else, and we already know those two are on the box set version of the album.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 1:35 am

I was hoping at this point we'd at least know more about these songs. Is there a time frame on this?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 7:29 pm

oh yeah....there was something about a spotify list... anyhow maybe we will get more information just before the album release or so?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:46 am

Noticed this morning that most of the songs have gone from this now - there were hundreds, and now there are only 45. Does that mean that the rest of us don't get the songs? Very confused as to how this works.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:49 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Noticed this morning that most of the songs have gone from this now - there were hundreds, and now there are only 45.  Does that mean that the rest of us don't get the songs?  Very confused as to how this works.

haven't checked yet...maybe he just picked out his favorite songs and will post the 2 new songs on his own playlist or so... (I have no idea, I am not familiar with spotify)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next