DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (vinyl)

Go down 
+29
mvw
onbackstreetsinbackseats
FrankTheTank
funsaimandignite
TheEmptyBones
Brother Beck
outerheaven
ivienco
HorribleCrowe
Roe
bt211
LaVidaLoca
stephendgaf
Keele
jc198
jonnyz83
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jaws
mja271
Veon
miked331
sickgirlesther
ifieverstray
enola
Anya_TGA
cowgirlwiththeblues
steady now steady now
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 1:10 pm

I received the signed poster that was part of my box set bundle today! Wasn't really expecting it at this point any longer so it was a nice surprise they hadn't forgotten about it.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 1:13 pm

I've emailed them about 5 times about mine, and finally got the dispatch email yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it's the principle!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 3:40 pm

Finally got my signed poster, although the damn postal service managed to bend it before it got to be. 18x24 was a bit of an exaggeration - mine is about the size of a record sleeve. Good think I didn't already buy a frame for it!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 8:08 am

So I've just picked up mine from the Post Office, after paying a £12.30 charge (£4.30 tax; £8 fee) [about $16], as the package was marked 'signed album' with a value of $28.34!! That flimsy piece of card. Oh come off it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:27 pm

How strange, mine was listed as value $0! I can sympathise though, I had the same thing with the 45rpm club record last year - they listed the value of the record as $45 which was actually the whole cost of membership - including the international postage. Needless to say, they never responded to my strongly worded email...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 7:23 pm

I've had a right back and forth with them now.

They claim:

"Breakdown price of the bundle 7" LP Box Set Signed Poster Bundle $64.98:
18x24" Signed Album Poster = $28.34
Painkillers 7" LP Boxset = $36.64"

So I pointed out that according to the info in the online store, which they linked me to, the boxset without the poster is $54.98, which makes the poster worth $10, which would have come in below the import tax threshold.

So if any of you bought just the boxset, you've clearly been overcharged.

Their follow up response completely ignored my point. I am not done with them yet.

Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 7:47 pm

You get them! Was yours actually 18x24? Mine was about the size of a record sleeve!
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:15 am

Anyone else have problems with the boxset sound? I'm listening to 'The Blues, Mary' now and the speed is varying slightly. It looks like the whole in the centre is slightly off and the record isn't turning in a perfect circle.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 8:48 am

steady now steady now wrote:
I've had a right back and forth with them now.

They claim:

"Breakdown price of the bundle 7" LP Box Set Signed Poster Bundle $64.98:
18x24" Signed Album Poster = $28.34
Painkillers 7" LP Boxset = $36.64"

So I pointed out that according to the info in the online store, which they linked me to, the boxset without the poster is $54.98, which makes the poster worth $10, which would have come in below the import tax threshold.

So if any of you bought just the boxset, you've clearly been overcharged.

Their follow up response completely ignored my point. I am not done with them yet.

Well, they issued me a refund for the customs charge and fee I incurred because of their incorrect labeling. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Nice work! 😃
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 12:23 pm

If anyone in the U.S. is looking for the Euro press of Painkillers, there's an ebay seller who has them for $22 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351830439882?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (vinyl)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6