DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (vinyl)

Go down 
+29
mvw
onbackstreetsinbackseats
FrankTheTank
funsaimandignite
TheEmptyBones
Brother Beck
outerheaven
ivienco
HorribleCrowe
Roe
bt211
LaVidaLoca
stephendgaf
Keele
jc198
jonnyz83
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
Jaws
mja271
Veon
miked331
sickgirlesther
ifieverstray
enola
Anya_TGA
cowgirlwiththeblues
steady now steady now
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 12:40 am

jc198 wrote:
I'm not saying you should go out and buy a record player just to hear the bonus tracks..

But honestly if you can you should go out and get one. Brian's voice sounds even better on vinyl.

The record player was the easy part. It's justifying $60 for 2 (really only 1 I care about) songs Wink. But I agree regarding the album which was well worth the $20!
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Local store has the 7" box set but for $70. No way can I justify dropping that for 2 songs. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 4:58 pm

So has everyone who ordered this either received it and/or gotten some correspondence that provided an mailing date? I've emailed them 3 times in the last week or so and gotten no response, but they've got my money. My order still says "processing." Just curious if I should throw in the town and contact the bank, or just be a patient a little longer. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 5:54 pm

I've had no correspondence and my order says processing. Have also found no response to emails, but when I went to the support section of their website, I found there were answers to my messages, they just hadn't bothered to email me to say so! If you go into the order itself, it also gives more specifics about dispatch dates for the different items.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:55 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I've had no correspondence and my order says processing.  Have also found no response to emails, but when I went to the support section of their website, I found there were answers to my messages, they just hadn't bothered to email me to say so!  If you go into the order itself, it also gives more specifics about dispatch dates for the different items.

Thanks very much - one of the issues is that my order is not linked to my account. So the only way I can see that it's processing is by clicking on the link to the confirmation email. None of my logins will work (I've tried multiple times and reset them). I think I will probably just call the bank, have them fight it, and try to reorder or just forget it all together. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Has anyone who bought the box listened to the album other than just the bonus songs? I know a lot of posters are of the mindset that the bonus songs were the only reason to get the box. Obviously getting up and changing/flipping records over after every song can be considered tedious when compared to just pushing play on itunes or whatever... but the 45's sound fantastic. Well worth the extra effort IMHO.
Back to top Go down
jc198
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Honestly I only bought the boxset for the bonus tracks.. I already have the 12" for normal play through, still sounds great and as you say much less getting up!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Roe wrote:
but the 45's sound fantastic.

What kind of setup are you listening on?
Back to top Go down
LaVidaLoca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Got the shipping mail and i wait for two weeks. I'm german and I ordered from US. Next thing is that I moved into another flat. I wrote UPS that I moved but still no box and nobody want to answer my mails.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 pm

If anyone wants to do me a solid and send me the new The Blues, Mary recording, I'd be eternally grateful. My excuse for not buying the vinyl is that student loans have buried me Sad
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:52 pm

LaVidaLoca wrote:
Got the shipping mail and i wait for two weeks. I'm german and I ordered from US. Next thing is that I moved into another flat. I wrote UPS that I moved but still no box and nobody want to answer my mails.

Im also still waiting for mine and mine will be shipped to Luxembourg...the fact that they said it will take between 8 -24 business days (cannot remember the exact numbers) Im sure we might wait for 1 or 2 more weeks
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Roe wrote:
but the 45's sound fantastic.

What kind of setup are you listening on?

ProJect Debut Carbon Esprit -> ProJect Phono Box MM -> PreSonus Eris E4.5 speakers.

It's a nice, relatively low budget setup. I just upgraded the turntable this spring and am really happy with it. There are many things on my wishlist but I'm trying to save up a down payment for a house right now.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 pm

[quote="Roe"][quote="Shrewsbury_Stars"]
Roe wrote:
There are many things on my wishlist but I'm trying to save up a down payment for a house right now.

I hear ya. You could literally spend thousands but there are plenty of more wallet-friendly options that still sound great. I'll definitely give the rest of the 45's a spin and compare them to the LP.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 am

Roe wrote:

ProJect Debut Carbon Esprit -> ProJect Phono Box MM -> PreSonus Eris E4.5 speakers.

It's a nice, relatively low budget setup. I just upgraded the turntable this spring and am really happy with it. There are many things on my wishlist but I'm trying to save up a down payment for a house right now.

I have the same turntable, really pleased with it.  Not hugely expensive, but a massive upgrade on my old one.  I expected the manual speed change to be a pain, but it's really not that bad.  Can't wait to get these 45's and give them a spin!
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:34 am

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58R_ZMCgEh4
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:04 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Roe wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Roe wrote:
There are many things on my wishlist but I'm trying to save up a down payment for a house right now.

I hear ya. You could literally spend thousands but there are plenty of more wallet-friendly options that still sound great. I'll definitely give the rest of the 45's a spin and compare them to the LP.

I think my first audio purchase once the house thing happens will be a good set of floor speakers. Although for 4.5's the PreSonus can generate quite a bit of volume and they don't color the audio at all. Bought them primarily for playing around with recording, mixing, etc. but they ended up being my main speakers. Would definitely recommend for apartment living.

cowgirlwiththeblues - I spent a few months doing some research and pretty much every place rated it as the best or second best turntable for under $500 USD. There were some positive reviews over on the Pearl Jam forum and even on the Steve Hoffman forum (lots of audio snobs, lol). Guy at my record store said he could get it for about $100 less than Amazon had it listed so that sealed the deal.

As far as the 45s go; the very beginning of "A Wonderful Life" for example is muddy and distorted on the mp3 that was sent out with the pre-orders, but it is much crisper and cleaner on the 45. Even more so than on the 24/96 FLAC. I can't compare to the 12" because I haven't bought that yet. For now the HD FLACs and the 45's are sufficient. The vocal harmonies really come to life on the album as well.

Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:53 pm

My boxset arrived yesterday BUT I wasnt home...so Ive to wait till monday to pick it up at the post station and then I won't be able to listen to it because I've classes on monday which means I'm in Germany till thursday -.-
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:38 am

Got mine yesterday, and I'm so glad I spent the extra money. The 7"s sound amazing; I was really surprised at how much better they sound even than the 12" on the same system. Just better dynamics and the full range of frequencies really come through. It kind of seems like it would be a pain to keep flipping them, but I found it actually made me really sit down and listen, rather than trying to do something else at the same time and not really concentrating.

The bonus tracks are both great, I've played that single at least a dozen times! The Blues, Mary has always been a great song, and it's wonderful to have a version without that awful vocal reverb - and slide guitar and a key change to boot! Digging In The Dirt is really different from anything else on the album, Brian sings it really well and it's great to hear Alex playing guitar again - his keys are fine, but I do love his guitar style.

I didn't think Painkillers could get any better, but it really has!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:54 pm

I finally picked the boxset up at the post station ( with 'I' I mean my dad...haha) wasnt able to listen to the vinyls yet..but they look awesome..
Back to top Go down
LaVidaLoca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 am

Maybe somebody can help me:
as you know I ordered from US to send it to germany. I got the information that the box is shipped.
Than I moved (same city other adress). I wrote Mails to UPS germany and UPS international. Still no answers. And the boxset hasnt arrived until now. May some of you know what to do?
Please understand that I'm sad :/
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 7:04 pm

options I can think of or at least what Id do are the following:
-you can try to call UPS and explain the situation
-or go back to your former adress and asked the person who moved it if they have received anything (if anyone already moved in)
-try to contact the post station
-or try to call music today
-or contact paypal and ask your money back because you havent gotten your item yet (Käuferschutz) and try to order it again

and now I'm running out of options...I hope this will help you and that you will get your boxset asap...good luck!
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 7:34 pm

I ordered my box set from the UK store (VirginEMI I think). Release date was today and I got my shipping notification today. Should be here by Tuesday I think. Can't wait to finally hear Blues, Mary. It's the track I was most excited about and the only reason I bought the box set.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 am

Boxset finally arrived today. Worth the wait. This is possibly the coolest thing I've ever bought. Have different art for each set of 2 tracks plus full credits on the back of every one of them is really nice. Just a heads up to anyone still waiting - you're gonna need a 7" 45 adapter as they come with the big cutout in the centre.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 6:34 pm

kjakm wrote:
you're gonna need a 7" 45 adapter as they come with the big cutout in the centre.

I'm glad to have the singles collection
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Anyone find hi res scans of the singles artwork?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (vinyl)   Painkillers (vinyl) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (vinyl)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next