DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It´s a kinda funny story...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MorningRed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

It´s a kinda funny story... Empty
PostSubject: It´s a kinda funny story...   It´s a kinda funny story... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:35 am

Well... Hi!
I am the MorningRed, I choose the name because I just saw that it is always the lowest ranked on the Top25 list and it is a killer song (far better then Mae! Very Happy ). So besides the onvious things (I fucking love this band, and love to discuss the music, records, concepts, and their popculture influences) I also am here because if a confusion.

Because I am from Europe, I always wanted to see The Gasligh Anthem or Brian Fallon live in the states. i was living the few last moths in San Francisco and now I am off for a roadtrip. And i planed to end up at the 7th in Portland. I even mangend it to find a pretty cheap flight from Vegas fpor 48$ and thought perfect!

Well yea...what I didn´t realised, you lovely people love to give different Cities the same name (I guess croatia and germany are not big enouht for that ^^) . And I realised more or less now, that the Show is in Portland, Meine and not Portland, Orgeon ...well it is maybe that it woul have been to perfect (got a couch to crash on there) or that I smoke to much weed but I kinda wanna make somebody a pleasure and if you have keept reading up upon this point:

Who ever is close to or is driving there and has no ticket, write me a message, you can have mine
see it as a welcoming gift from my side Smile

Peace, Love, Happiness and stuff I guess...right?

Ps. Oh yea and just out of curiosity, (no require needed) Can you name me your favorite gaslight record and song or generell Brian Fallon and why? Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: It´s a kinda funny story...   It´s a kinda funny story... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:11 am

Hello, welcome here.

Such a tough question.
I have a thing for High Lonesome, for real, the whole thing, I think It's my #1.
Smoke from MATZ that will be on the solo recording has my favorite lyrics he ever wrote.
Rollin' and Tumblin' is highly ranked in my book. It's raging, I love the lyrics so much, and it's what I which TGA would do more.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: It´s a kinda funny story...   It´s a kinda funny story... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Welcome!

And don't worry, it's not just you. My brother was talking about a trip to Portland a few weeks ago, I was convinced it was somewhere out towards the west coast...was very surprised to find out it was actually northeast. So thanks for letting me know I wasn't wrong! 😉
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: It´s a kinda funny story...   It´s a kinda funny story... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:15 pm

welcome to the forum

one of my top favorite Gaslight songs is definitely Red in the Morning, I would give everything to hear that song live... cannot really decide which one is my favorite among all of them... to list all my favorite songs would take too long ^^
from Brian Fallon (incl Crowes and MATZ) I love A wonderful life, Smoke and Steve McQueen and Red Lights
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: It´s a kinda funny story...   It´s a kinda funny story... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:35 pm

That's totally the kind of thing I would do, except I would buy the airline ticket before realizing it.

#1 would most likely be "Here Comes My Man" followed by "Ladykiller" and now "Smoke" is growing on me.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It´s a kinda funny story...   It´s a kinda funny story... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It´s a kinda funny story...
Page 1 of 1