DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
carmenrae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 10:31 am

Hi guys, I'm searching high and low for this poster. If anyone is thinking of selling one, or knows someone who is, I'd be into talking to that rad person. The Johnny Cupcakes Brian Fallon poster would be a cool alternative too.

Thanks Smile

Carmen
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Contact jeff at rocketsarered.  He re-released the hurricane sandy print minus the gaslight quote.  It says sold out on his site, but he might have a few held back.
Back to top Go down
carmenrae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Thanks, I did see that there.. the quote is pretty essential though so I'll just hold my breath for a few years until someone puts one on eBay haha
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 pm

what's the going rate for the originals? I have a green one, just curious.
Back to top Go down
carmenrae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 6:47 pm

I'm not too sure because I haven't been able to find one for sale. Interested in selling yours?
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:32 pm

knuckles wrote:
what's the going rate for the originals? I have a green one, just curious.

At one point the red was selling in the $250-350range and the green $150-250.

At this point I think $200 for the red and $150 green is fair. Although the sandy posters don't really pop up on eBay anymore, but if his other posters are any sort of indicator of demand then you can see the el jefe poster demand has cooled off significantly.

Part of the craziness a year or two ago was Jeff before ending El Jefe did a close out sale and basically said he wouldn't sell gaslight posters ever again and was charging eBay markup prices so people were buying at the higher cost and still reselling them for a profit. However since then he's continued to sell gaslight posters despite what he said when he closed el jefe.
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 am

so interesting that these posters sell for so much, given that the original price was only like $25 or something low like that.

I bought a poster and 5 shirts with that pic/quote on it... and no, the 5 shirts aren't all for me. got one for each near family member. 2 are from Jersey and all of us have been there.
Back to top Go down
Leeney
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Leeney

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 am

Still looking for one? Ive got one for sale.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 3:59 pm

knuckles wrote:
so interesting that these posters sell for so much, given that the original price was only like $25 or something low like that.
I think a lot of things came together in that poster.

Firstly, IMO, it's probably his best work just considering the actual design. I was knocked over when i first saw it (as is probably documented in a thread somewhere here). The only design that has come close for me is the Every Word Handwritten one. Sure, the others are good, but this one is fantastic.

Secondly, the TGA connection. The line is from what must be a favourite track to a lot of fans, and it resonates really well with the Sandy theme. And don't think that massive Ferris Wheel doesn't help.

Finally, the fact that it was done for Sandy relief must've helped it sell.

It's a shame, really, that it was such a limited run and that so many have ended up on eBay for such huge sums. Easy to say with hindsight, i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?   Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy relief poster anyone?
Page 1 of 1