DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15 Empty
PostSubject: Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15   Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YClRRdyYtzI Enjoy! Brian did phenomenal! So happy for him!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15   Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 pm

great!!! thanks for sharing!!! I was just able to listen to it and now I can watch it Very Happy thank you
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15   Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 2:39 am

I feel like Brian's songwriting was naturally shifting towards a rootsier, folk-driven sound before Get Hurt and it sounds like he may be finally embracing it, given the Gaslight hiatus and playing those two new songs. They sound great. I hope he does an album like this, because I think it'll be much better and sound more natural than Get Hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15   Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 7:53 am

I agree. I loved Get Hurt but the bonus tracks (mostly Have Mercy) and Molly and the Zombies just felt natural. Even Horrible Crowes sounded more organic than Handwritten. Maybe Brian went a different way a long time ago and he's just now realizing it. Either way he's a brilliant songwriter and I believe anything he does at this point will be gold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15   Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entire Set of Brian at Newport Folk Festival in RI, 07/26/15
Page 1 of 1