DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lancaster 7/22/15

Go down 
+2
TLRRescue
pwm112
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 am

Good lord I love gaslight

Another brilliant setlist. This leg of the tour has been amazing if your are a diehard and Lancaster was no exception.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2015/the-chameleon-club-lancaster-pa-53f61be1.html

State of Love and Trust was not on setlist. Blue Jeans, Halloween, Here Looking at you Kid were all fan requests at the show. Red in the Morning was a bunch of people asking for it independently of each other and tweeting it at Brian.

The bads. The Chameleon Club kind of sucks. There are like 16 rails spots tops. Club is narrow. Weird backing lights. All the lights are behind the band and it makes it a little difficult to see. Still if you were in one of the few good spots in the venue it was a throw-back Gaslight show.

The goods, man that a great show. Band sounded great as they have been. I think the acoustics in the club were not as good as 7/19 Pittsburgh, but still I thought sound was good. Setlist was delightful and I mean if people were asking for it, it was getting played. Brian was doing Brian stuff. Gave a guy $10 for thanking them for playing Pearl Jam. For me, we to much talking early in the show. Like he started off with a minute of talking even before the first song. The another speech 3-4 songs in. Kills my flow. That said when they went Red in the Morning>Mulholland>Contender>Have Mercy/Hotel Chelsea No 2, that might have been my favorite 4 song Gaslight combo ever. That was an epic 15 minutes. The Hotel Chelsea tag is really something. Red in the morning kicked all kinds of butt. It was also nice to have Here's Looking at you Kid back in my life and Mulholland too. Its been a while.

Weird that not one song from the Get Hurt album proper made the last proper US show on the Get Hurt tour. Not even a token 1000 years. The 3 b-sides though.

One of my favorite shows ever. Not as good for me as 7/19 Pittsburg on this tour, but the couple extra songs make it at least a discussion. I kind of wish I could put this show at the Stage AE venue, that would be a show. Still they deliberately blew past the 11:00 curfew for the venue.

Everyone around me was great.
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 8:42 pm

I thought this was the best show I've ever been to! The narrowness of the venue was shocking and you're right, there was only about 16 rail spots but I was there at 1:45 and was sure to have one! I am still thinking about this night and would love to do it over and over again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
dmwhalen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Fantastic show. Couldn't hear Brian's banter from the back of the house, but sure sounded like they were having fun.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 5:10 am

This really was one of the best shows. The venue had a very small feel if you were up front even though it still fit a good number of people. The audio was better than the night before. I actually enjoyed Matthew Ryan's set much more this time because I could actually hear his vocals much more clearly.

I actually think the pacing was perfect. Normally I might have had issues with it, but it was so damn hot in there that too many fast songs without enough talking/slow song breaks would've probably led to me passing out, or simply not enjoying the show to the full extent. I enjoyed the frequent breaks. Also it was a damn near perfect crowd. Lots of enthusiasm, lots of movement, very little crushing and zero crowd surfing. The energy in the room was flowing and everyone could dance/sing/do whatever without worrying about being hit by a crowd surfer or crushed against the barricade. My one and only complaint about this show, was that they ended their last US headline show for who knows how long with a cover. As much as I love Baba as a closer, that really bummed me out. Mostly because they played '59 right before that, and if I had know they were closing with Baba right after, I would've used up everything I had left on THEIR last song, instead.

Really though, what a send off.
Back to top Go down
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 8:37 am

I am still gaslight drunk. I showed up to the Lancaster show gaslight hungover from Pittsburgh thinking I might only get a hair of the dog. Instead got full blown gaslight drunk again.

Those were 2 good shows. I think I still have Pittsburgh higher if only cause I can point to a few songs, Once Upon a Time, Slang, Handwritten were I know for sure the acoustics were better and Brian sounded better (I am talking degrees of greatness here). But man I love granted crowd requests and I love when they disregard curfews. And I love 3 more songs on setlist. It is close.

I am never gonna forget this show.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Lancaster was definitely one of my favorite Gaslight shows ever!!! I'm SO glad they played Red in the Morning cheers
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Omg Laura, I am still so happy over this night! Def the best!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
StevenP
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:25 am

hey guys! Glad to be able to stay in touch with all my barricade peeps. Lancaster was a great show. Paul I agree not quite as great as Pittsburgh, that show was absolutely epic, but still a great time all around and a real nice high note to end the last run for awhile on.

Shelby I agree, I was hoping for Backseat as a closer and I don't really get why they closed with Baba at such a special show, but so it goes. At least it was a fun rendition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lancaster 7/22/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancaster 7/22/15   Lancaster 7/22/15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lancaster 7/22/15
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Tour-
Jump to: