DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pittsburgh 7-19-2015

Go down 
+5
JimmyB
TGAFAN25
myoldmanshoes
pwm112
Rose1991
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 12:39 am

Wow... Just got home from Stage AE. That was absolutely the best concert experience of my entire life. I know I have great things to say about every show I go to, but this was truly an A+++ show and I can't imagine even a hometown show at the Stone Pony could top it. This. was. excellent. Brian was all smiles and in a fantastic mood, and the crowd was INSANE in the best way possible. Everybody was crazy into it and nobody was being a drunk asshole. And there was so much singing along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think they anticipated the crowd being as awesome as they were, because when Brian finally addressed us about 3 songs in, he seemed pretty taken aback. My favorite moment of the night was when Brian got up with Benny to do the drumming during Baba O'Riley and he kissed Benny right on the side of the head. It was so cute. Oh, and Levine winked at me at the beginning and blew me a kiss at the end. I almost died. I love you I love you I love you

Highlights of the set for me were American Slang and Woody Joe (first time hearing) and Film Noir which I think I've heard before (?) but it's a favorite of mine so it was great. From Get Hurt they did Have Mercy, 1,000 Years, and I think that's it but my mind might be fuzzy. 59 Sound was just insane. Say I Won't was soooo much fun. Oh my god, and the look of joy on Brian's face during Orphans when everyone goes "my baby!" was just perfect. And I swear to god, Levine actually smiled not once, not twice, but three times, so you know it was a fun show when he smiles. (Not to say he doesn't have fun up there; I know he does; it's just that he doesn't often express it.)

So yeah, it was an absolutely perfect show in my opinion, and as much fun as I had the last time in Cleveland, this was 10 times that. (Excluding the part where I met the guys because that was a separate experience.)

Also, Levine and Rosamilia both have seriously good voices and it wouldn't hurt a bit if they sang more. Clap
Back to top Go down
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:44 am

C

Last edited by pwm112 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pwm112
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:58 am

Co fing sign

After around 20 gaslight shows I didn't think I could be surprised by gaslight any more. But my lord was the band on point. Since he seems so into him there is some chance the desaparecidos and conor oberst really impacted Brian.cause he was trying tonight. As in going off vocally. They led with handwritten and I though it was obvious he would be bringing it right from the start. Confirmed during Get Hurt which was by far the best version I have ever seen and it seemed Brian was singing for his life on that song. Band was good and yes if tonight was the only time you ever heard the backing vocals you would wonder why you didn't hear them more. Best I have heard

Sound was flawless mix. And normally I want the crowd to be going off more. But the band was so on point it was great to be able to appreciate it

And the setlist. I mean. Look at that thing
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2015/stage-ae-pittsburgh-pa-bf63dfe.html
It's brilliant. When they started boom boxes I had a half second thought of "well we got Woody and Boom, no way we get Contender now(I have never got it). But, I mean, it is Boomboxes and Woody with stand by me lead in.  But then Boxer.  And Have Mercy with the Chelsea Hotel tag which is like a minute or more and delightful And it was on.  Then at long last, Contender!  Followed by 1930!!   And Orphans for good measure!!!  And then Once upon a time and at that point i felt like it was gonna be my fav show ever short of a disaster at the end. It's like they were playing songs specifically to make me happy. Its seemed like they were ease dropping on the conversation between me and the dude next to me before the show.  If they would have added Blue Dahlia and Mulholland if would have officially been creepy

And even though I don't need she loves you, howl, slang, 59, baba any more it was great versions. Really really great. Slang was best I ever got  maybe 59 too. (She loves you will always be night 2 stone pony outdoor with the harmonica, no discussion). Them adding Ferris wheel for a pretzel mid show was delightful. Perfect show

Skate and surf reminded me what a live force the band could be at their best. Tonight redefined their best

Last edited by pwm112 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myoldmanshoes

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 3:07 pm

100% agree. The show was so great!!! They were definitely at the top of their game last night. I couldn't have asked for more. Boxer was what did it for me. I've been waiting so long to see that! Benny tweeted me last night and told me they played it because they saw my tweet asking for it Very Happy

Nice people in the crowd, I made some new friends. Just all around a great atmosphere and great performances. This will definitely go down as one of my favorite shows thus far.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 6:23 pm

JimmyB, did you go to the show?! This is in your neighborhood, no?!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 am

I didn't even know it was happening.
Back to top Go down
Coltrane
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 am

What was the merch like?
Back to top Go down
TLRRescue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TLRRescue

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 8:33 pm

I have to agree up until last night where they did a beyond phenomenal show! But Pittsburgh was amazing and always so great to hang with the gaslight family and make new friends too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelastresortrescue.com
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Nice to see the positive reviews for the show in my real hometown. I know someone who worked the show and they did mention they had to move it inside because they only moved 1500 tickets. Not surprised, I didn't think they'd fill the outdoor area.

Anyone, the person I know doesn't really know about TGA other than they know I like them and they did say they put on a great show.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
StevenP
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:28 am

What an incredible show. This one was really one for the books. I've only seen them eight times unlike most of the diehards (got into them late), but this was by far the best I've seen them yet. The combination of the set list and the vibes was absolutely unbeatable. There was something really magical in the air that night. A show I will never forget, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh 7-19-2015   Pittsburgh 7-19-2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh 7-19-2015
Page 1 of 1