DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM club membership prolongation

Go down 
+19
ashleybb
cdala
flannel
jeff1818
steady now steady now
miked331
ral
moosicmaniac
brucesboots
Rose1991
Jersey-Chris
Shrewsbury_Stars
StitchesOnTheRadio
cmigs
bt211
CapedAvenger
GlennR
luckyman
enola
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:30 am

Still don't know if I'm an active member. A seemingly impossible task for the club to figure out.

Any word on the vinyl that they said would be done by now so I know if it's worth renewing.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 5:36 am

miked331 wrote:
Still don't know if I'm an active member. A seemingly impossible task for the club to figure out.
Any word on the vinyl that they said would be done by now so I know if it's worth renewing.

There's a fan club? ... Oh, that one.  The one that says on its homepage:

"Access to Fan Club exclusive merchandise - for 2013-14, more offerings will be rolled-out ahead of the Christmas season"

And with the pre-sale for Australia ...

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Any word on the single???
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:24 pm

*crickets*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 9:29 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
*crickets*

I hear them too Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jeff1818
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 2:34 pm

how the heck am i supposed to know if i'm still an active member? without any renewal notices, i haven't a clue. does anyone remember when the membership went on sale (which month?) - i signed up on a day 1 - that may help me figure it out. i emailed 45rpmclub@gmail.com a few times (and even sent them my new address) but haven't received a reply. so weird...
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 5:20 pm

the whole thing is a mess at all times. i have no idea when mine expires either
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 3:38 am

jeff1818 wrote:
how the heck am i supposed to know if i'm still an active member? without any renewal notices, i haven't a clue. does anyone remember when the membership went on sale (which month?) - i signed up on a day 1 - that may help me figure it out. i emailed 45rpmclub@gmail.com a few times (and even sent them my new address) but haven't received a reply. so weird...

I was a day 1 too and so were other people who I'm pretty sure expired at all different times? I think it's all jumbled now because we had that 60 day grace period to renew and then they extended the membership by like 6 months etc. Basically, there's a good chance you're expired. I know I am. Or was. I "renewed" and am patiently waiting to see what exactly is going to come of my $40. Anyway you're likely expired, they only extended us through the end of last year or so I believe and it's June now.
Back to top Go down
jeff1818
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 11:38 am

oy, what a mess. i'll probably just renew...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 pm

The mantra of every current club member  Razz ...

jeff1818 wrote:
oy, what a mess. i'll probably just renew...
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 5:39 pm

I got an email with the London presale, but I didn't think I was still a part of the club. Now I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:23 pm

cdala wrote:
I got an email with the London presale, but I didn't think I was still a part of the club. Now I'm confused.
I last renewed in August '13 (and therefore my membership presumably expired in August '14), but i've still been receiving pre-sale emails.

The whole thing is a mess. What started out as a good idea has been badly implemented and mismanaged. Unfortunately, that reflects badly on the band. But it's good they tried something like this.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 pm

pre-sale works every time, maybe not always a need but sure beats the stress of general sales .
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 pm

So I wrote:

Any updates on what's going on with this fan club?

Does it exist? Are there memberships? Will there be vinyl? Should I renew?

And they replied:

Hi, Mike.

We've received the 7", which we will be shipping out shortly.

It does exist, there is vinyl, and yes, please renew!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:14 pm

good news
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Haha wow. Good news! Yay! For their own sakes it probably would've been a good idea for them to be sending out informative newsletters about this. Like quick messages such as "the fan club tracks are done, making the vinyls now" then "test pressings are in!" then "vinyls are in, shipping will begin shortly."

The fact that someone had to ask "does the club still exist?" means communication is pretty bad. Good to know our $40 is going toward something!
Back to top Go down
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ashleybb

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:38 am

I'm a day one member (I think I'm number 76 or so), and I assumed since they never sent out renewal reminders that the club no longer existed. It's up to us to mark our calendars for the privilege of sending them $40 a year? When it's not clear how you even renew your membership? I have to wonder how many active, paying members there are at this point.
Back to top Go down
jeff1818
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Hey. I renewed/rebought the membership a few weeks ago and I got a package! What?! Wasn't expecting a new tee (same size I originally requested 3 yrs ago) and a 7"!! So the club is still alive.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 10:49 am

The organization of this club has been super strange, but if we actually get shirts and vinyl, I guess it's all good.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:03 am

jeff1818 wrote:
Hey. I renewed/rebought the membership a few weeks ago and I got a package! What?! Wasn't expecting a new tee (same size I originally requested 3 yrs ago) and a 7"!! So the club is still alive.
what is the 7'' and t shirt you got , is it a new 3rd year design ? What are the tracks on the 7'' ?
Back to top Go down
jeff1818
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 am

the 7" has 2 acoustic tracks (59 sound and american slang?) - sorry, i forget as i haven't listened to it yet. no new songs though, just alt versions (sadly). the shirt is black with the name of the band and 45 rpm club on it. i would have liked 1 original track, similar to how pearl jam does it.

doesn't say fan-club or 2015 or 3rd year on the 7". it's a brown cardboard with a wrap-around sticker (cheap?).
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 12:15 pm

jeff1818 wrote:
the 7" has 2 acoustic tracks (59 sound and american slang?) - sorry, i forget as i haven't listened to it yet. no new songs though, just alt versions (sadly). the shirt is black with the name of the band and 45 rpm club on it. i would have liked 1 original track, similar to how pearl jam does it.

doesn't say fan-club or 2015 or 3rd year on the 7". it's a brown cardboard with a wrap-around sticker (cheap?).

thats not good , did hope for Have Mercy
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Well, I'm really glad I skipped this year.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Wow, just when you think it couldn't get any worse....

Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Do the acoustic tracks seem new? Or is there any indication? There are acoustic versions of both on the Singles Collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM club membership prolongation   45 RPM club membership prolongation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM club membership prolongation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next