DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover

Go down 
+3
ShieldYourEyes
xstevenbx
ksupilot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Empty
PostSubject: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted, saw this on a Bruce website:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/148764-video-ted-leo-brian-fallon-of-the-gaslight-anthem-dancing-in-the-dark-backstreets-bruce-springsteen-covers

Pretty good. There is an interview there as well.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:25 pm

this was rad! thank you!
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I was JUST about to post that!

Glad someone got to it. I think they are both amazing videos and interviews. Great job on the covers by both Brian and Ted Leo.
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 pm

I'd rather hear Atlantic City, but Backstreets is cool, and this version actually sounds better than the myspace recording. Maybe we should rip this and put it in the list.

A little sidenote about Ted Leo... for those who don't already know, he's the real deal. He's been doin his thing for over 15 years and when he says he enjoys covering the people that have "moved him so much over the years," he's definitely not joking... as proof, recently I was compiling a list of cover songs Ted has been known to play. It turns out, there's a huge number. For Christmas, for the Ted Leo fanbase forum timorousme.org, I made a compilation of 50 decently-recorded cover songs throughout Ted's career. If anyone's interested, here ya go:
http://rapidshare.com/files/176810749/Ted_Leo_-_50_Covers__1_of_3_-_Albums_.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/176814711/Ted_Leo_-_50_Covers__2_of_3_-_Radio_.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/176817677/Ted_Leo_-_50_Covers__3_of_3_-_Shows_.zip
Dancing In The Dark was recorded in a radio studio a while back. Other covers come from Elvis Costello, Stiff Little Fingers, The Beatles, Wire, The Jam, The Pretenders, Adam and the Ants, Rush, The Cure, and another Jersey act The Sticks & Stones. Of course that's only naming a few. If you have the time, definitely check this out and get into Ted Leo.

And I couldn't agree more with that "Rosalita" statement in the interview. That's gotta be the most bearable 8 minute song I know of.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:47 pm

I'll post an audio of this later on tonight (in about 15 hours or so) with a video version too if you all want. Wow - this is amazing, thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm

http://rapidshare.com/files/193376450/Brian_Fallon_-_Boss.zip.html

Voila - the video and the song ripped to mp3 - enjoy!

kropo
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:36 pm

anyone notice that he changes the line "At night sometimes it seemed you could hear this whole damn city crying" to "At night sometimes it seemed that you could hear this city crying"? he really doesn't ever swear, i guess. even the word "damn"
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:42 pm

thats crazy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:48 pm

its funny that he and benny are so different when it comes to that. i wonder if brian ever actually gets offended by the words.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 pm

probly not. they get along pretty well, and Brian grew up in the punk scene, where it's guaranteed to hear a lot of swearing. and a couple Surrogate McKenzie tracks had f-bombs and stuff. i don't think Brian sang those verses/songs though
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:54 pm

ill make sure the next time i see them NOT to say "i fucking LOVE your music"
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:56 pm

haha i'm sure he'd be happy to receive any compliments, regardless of vulgarity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover   Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitchfork...interview and Backstreets cover
Page 1 of 1