DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tickets outside venue?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ciaran59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tickets outside venue? Empty
PostSubject: Tickets outside venue?   Tickets outside venue? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Hello folks, im shut out of the Belfast show in June, went for tix on friday nite but the gig is sold out.

I have put the word out to some friends, and on twitter and on here. If all else fails i will turn up and try for a ticket outside the venue on the night of the show. The venue is literally 5 minutes from our house.

I have done this twice for Springsteen gigs and got face value tickets with no problem (i dont beleive in buying or selling above face value).

Has anyone any experience with this at Gaslight shows? What are my chances?

Thanks for any help/advice...i cant miss this show Sad
Back to top Go down
MorganEightSix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MorganEightSix

PostSubject: Re: Tickets outside venue?   Tickets outside venue? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 8:36 am

Well it's all about the economics, the touts will sell at above face value if there are buyers in the market. The closer it gets to showtime, the less buyers there will be, and the price should drop accordingly. You just have to stick to your guns and wait till it hits your price. You have the fact you live 5 minutes away as a massive advantage. Drop that in to try and psyche the tout out and make out you're a casual gig goer. Remember Bruce playing in town is a much bigger deal so there'll be more spares available.

Get there early and see if any of the hardcore fans have spares too, if they don't then do as above. Might be a long night so grab a few beers. Good luck!

M86
Back to top Go down
Unorthadox1080
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Tickets outside venue?   Tickets outside venue? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 6:10 pm

There's a chance I'll have a spare for this. I can't guarantee that I will, but I'll keep you in mind! There will be loads going nearer the time anyway. Download the app Twickets and keep an eye on it the week before the gig, use touts as a last resort!
Back to top Go down
ciaran59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Tickets outside venue?   Tickets outside venue? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 4:52 am

Thanks for the replies folks!

Unorthadox1080- please keep me in mind for that spare you may have. I've managed to get 1 ticket so far but still looking for a second as my wife also wants to go.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Unorthadox1080
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Tickets outside venue?   Tickets outside venue? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 8:34 am

Definitely have a spare now, if you're still in need.
Back to top Go down
ciaran59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Tickets outside venue?   Tickets outside venue? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:07 am

Thanks for the offer mate but i managed to get two from a friend of friend. I should have updated this thread. Thanks for offer and sorry for any inconvienience
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tickets outside venue?   Tickets outside venue? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tickets outside venue?
Page 1 of 1