DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/Canada tour 2015

Go down 
+55
JoelS1044
Casey
shredderrrrrr
osumarko
stephendgaf
raptureaddict
JukeboxJuliet
Smasha13
borrowedcar
erica1396
mja271
jeff1818
rem999
miked331
rumham
turnitin2004
TLRRescue
Rose1991
NervousFeetHeartofStone
The Tall Kid
straswell
Rizz
reitzel6570
brianisbae
Thunder Peel
madsmom
thebends
flannel
NeverTrustAJunkie
TGA30
njguy99
Debonair
HighLonesome
LizCollinsNY
rated_r_67
cmigs
zerb012345
cms35
TGAFAN25
jensomniac
aaydmc2
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
lol_paul_ledoux
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
GlennR
CapedAvenger
pleasepassthesoup
myoldmanshoes
macci
colmillionaire
stiches570
Jaws
enola
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:29 pm

I counted eight and yes, agreed. I was soooo pleased with this. For me, Helter into Stray Paper was spectacular. As the order is the other way around on the album and tells one story, I felt like last night it told another, and I liked that. Perhaps as the beginning evolution from "a breakup album" into "how to play these songs later when everyone has moved on."

That said, after a few hours to think on the drive home today, I speculate there are some cuts on GH that are being avoided because the initial catharsis may now just translate as spite. Maybe that's not where time has taken the songs or perhaps their songwriter and subjects. Maybe until there's more time/distance before they can "just be songs that get played", the songs will have to hang out on the recordings for bit.

Or, Richmond will prove me ridiculous and then well, forget me.

Last edited by jensomniac on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shitty grammar)
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 pm

enola wrote:
7 Get Hurt songs on the Baltimore setlist if I haven't miscounted. So that should make everyone happy now Wink

And I think the variation in the recent setlists is great!

Yeah they really have been doing exceptionally well with the variation this time around. I think it helps tremendously that it's not just some night to night variation, there's also a good chunk of songs that have barely (if at all) been on the set list in ages! And some interesting takes on others. Other than a few issues with the flow of Baltimore's set, the lists themselves have honestly been the best consecutive ones I've experienced in awhile or maybe ever.

Side note: Brian joked at the show about how believe it or not, if you go to multiple shows, you might hear some of the same songs  affraid  haha. I'm definitely guilty of complaining about that a lot (although I of course expect some repeats) so I had a good laugh at myself with that comment.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Just went to see a bunch of shows on the same tour for one of my other favorite bands. They are the headliner and do 15 songs every night. This time around they switched out 2 songs each time, but they usually don't even do that. They're "bigger" than Gaslight if you want to think in those terms.

I had a completely different each time each night and I don't hold it against them for not changing the setlist every night. I just have a good time because they are playing. So that's where I'm coming from with my comments re: changing the songs all the time.
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:16 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

EDIT: I wanted to add that I continue to be amazed at the entire Gaslight community. I'm talking the band, the crew, and the fans. I mean, sure there's some questionable crowds but I have honestly never met so many kind, generous, friendly, genuine people in any aspect of my every day life as I have at these shows. While I am a huge fan of Gaslight's music, I probably wouldn't go to as many shows as I do if not for all the people involved.

Actually though. I've always managed to make new friends at Gaslight shows. Even just talking to people on here or through Twitter or Instagram. Such a lovely bunch of people, always. I think it speaks to the kind of band that Gaslight is.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:35 am

Didn't think I was going to make it to a show this tour, but decided kinda last minute to pick up a ticket for the MN date. Friday the 13th should be lucky.

Couldn't believe First Avenue wasn't sold out this close to the show though. Maybe people are too bah-humbug over the lingering winter weather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:28 am

JukeboxJuliet wrote:
Didn't think I was going to make it to a show this tour, but decided kinda last minute to pick up a ticket for the MN date. Friday the 13th should be lucky.

Couldn't believe First Avenue wasn't sold out this close to the show though. Maybe people are too bah-humbug over the lingering winter weather.

They always end up selling out, but for some reason they seem to not do it until close to the show. Can't wait for it.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 am

jwhjr wrote:
JukeboxJuliet wrote:

They always end up selling out, but for some reason they seem to not do it until close to the show.  Can't wait for it.

Well the other time I saw them at First Ave they were sold out a month before the show, so I figured since this was a Friday it would go fast. But anyways just glad I got a ticket. The other First Ave show I went to was my least favorite Gaslight show, so hoping this one will be much, much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:27 am

Anyone go to tonight's or last nights shows? I'd love to hear recaps!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but, the Alexes and Ian have really upped their game on the backing vocals. Alex R. has been improving for awhile now but he was so busy with the new keyboard parts, his involvement had seemed to drop off for a bit. But now you can actually hear them all pretty well and they sound great! The only downside about this is the way they handle the end of Helter Skeleton. I know technically the "Madame misery, come visit me..." part is backing vocals, but it's my favorite part of the entire song and it really bums me out that Brian no longer sings it, the guys do instead. But otherwise I am so pleased and impressed that they've really been rocking this, this tour!
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 3:14 pm

Folks who wanted to pre-order the tour poster but it sold out too quickly.....we all got this email this morning:

Due to the overwhelming response to the Spring 2015 North American Tour Poster, causing it to be sold out online in just a few minutes, A new supply has been made available! Order now from Hellgate Industries, and fair warning, hurry up! 18"X24" 4 color Silk Screen poster, Edition size 400.

Go git 'em....: http://www.hellgateindustries.com/products/543707-gaslight-anthem-spring-2015

Back to top Go down
raptureaddict
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
raptureaddict

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:38 am

Terminal 5 -> Ram's Head -> The National, for me.

Best out of the run, hands down, was Terminal 5, and my least favorite was The National, honestly. This was not a "seasoned" crowd (I don't know how else to phrase it). I knew when I was standing at the barricades next to a guy that was like, "I really hope they play some Horrible Crowes!" I was in for an interesting time. There were some kids (I stress, kids) behind me that talked through most of Northcote's set (about Gaslight and what songs they wanted to hear, etc.), which got to me enough to the point where I had to turn around and ask them to stop.

As far as Gaslight, after the first string of opening songs, Brian went to tell a story - but was immediately drowned out by girls screaming "i love you!" and "take your shirt off!" and screaming song titles/etc - some guy in the front asking for a Pearl Jam cover for his birthday? It was all so overwhelming and you could just tell Brian was frustrated. He ended up joking about it/relaxing later on into the set.. but all of this caused him, as he put it, to "lose his steam" and he didn't want to talk anymore, so he just kinda just went right back into another set of songs. I felt awful by proxy.

As far as the show itself goes, She Loves You was switched out for Navesink, Spirit of Jazz for Stay Lucky, and they threw in Contender. But the audience was so overwhelmingly rude that unfortunately it really detracted from the overall experience. Safe to say, I won't be going to a Richmond date again.

Baltimore, however, was awesome. Ram's Head is a great venue, and I loved that $10 pre-entry thing. It was nice and cozy, not too overcrowded, and it was SO much nicer than standing ~3 hours in the cold like at Terminal 5, haha.

I know some of you posting on here were there with me after the show - that was also a highlight of this run for me, getting to talk/meet you all, and Brian as well. There's something really special about the TGA community... never have I ever met a lovelier group of people. You guys make the traveling/date hopping so much more fun.

Your absences were DEFINITELY noticed at the Richmond show.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 am

popping in for the first time in a long time to say i saw them a few hours ago and after 5 shows in the last 7 years they finally played we're getting a divorce and i couldn't be happier.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 am

Leaving for Cleveland in a few hours!! Ahhhhhh I couldn't sleep last night; it's like Christmas morning.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 am

Just saw "WIsh you were here" on teh setlist... Was that Pink Floyd cover?! Or somethign totally new?!
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god. Awesome night!!!! Setlist was pretty good. We're Getting a Divorce was the finale and holy shit was it good. The guy from the Scandals helped sing and did a stage dive and everyone was just screaming their god damn lungs out.

I agree with everyone saying about how the backing vocals are coming out more... They sound amazing! Levine pretty much did a solo and his voice is so excellent. I've never really heard him do any extended singing before, but tonight he was on fire.

The slowed-down Great Expectations? Tears. Lots of them. Beautiful song when it's played that way. Blue Dahlia with Left of the Dial oh my god ahhh.

Sorry for the sentence fragments; my hands are all cold and crampy so my typing is labored and my mind is trying to stop spinning.

Okay so we waited out by the bus and met them all and it was SO WORTH IT. Brian is a giant sweetheart and he told us up front he didn't have much time, but still took a minute to meet n greet with all of us and he just could not be sweeter and more amazing. He was like, "Yeah, so I gotta go make a phone call in a minute, but if there's anything you guys wanna talk about or want me to sign, here I am!" and we were all just like staring at him mouth-agape and I was like, "Can I give you a hug?" and he was like, "Yeah, that's cool!" so I did and it was beautiful and all the heartbreak and anger I've gone through this past year just melted away in an instant. So I said to him as we were hugging, "You've gotten me through so much this past year; thank you," and he was just like, "I hope it helps!" and he shook my hand once or twice and I babbled about the mats and omg his hands are so beautiful close up.

So then Alex R, Benny, and Ian came out and I was just like, "hiiiiii," and they were sweeties too and I always thought Ian was American but apparently not. Benny asked why we didn't have heavier coats on. Razz

And then............. Alex Levine came out!!! He stepped out of the bus and I just squealed and jumped up and down and I hugged him and was just like, "Omg you're my favorite," and he complimented my Tiger Cuts hoodie and we hugged again after I told him how much I liked it, and he chatted with everyone else and did pictures and such, and I didn't bother getting one because I usually don't care for pictures with celebs, but HE wanted a picture with ME and I was so flattered!!!! He said he'd put it on the Tiger Cuts website. When it came time to say goodnight and he was ready to head back into the bus, I thought he was going for a handshake but I got another hug.

So yeah, awesome night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We made sure to sincerely thank each of them for the show and their time and we headed on back to our hotel. Sorry for all the long-winded babbling about the guys. I'll have more refined thoughts on the show later, but for now I'm just too excited to think. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh life is amazing.
Back to top Go down
osumarko
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:08 am

TGAFAN25 wrote:
Just saw "WIsh you were here" on teh setlist... Was that  Pink Floyd cover?! Or somethign totally new?!

Pink Floyd cover. It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Got a few pics last night. I wanted to get more than just Alex Levine glory shots, but Brian and Rosamilia were behind people's heads most of the show and Ian and Benny were behind Alex, so this is all I came up with https://www.flickr.com/photos/alyssajones37/sets/72157650910954738/
(I love the one I did get of Brian and Rosamilia.)

It made me so mad though, because me and my brother were the 5th and 6th people in line, but by the time we got inside the railing was already full and I ended up behind this bored-as-hell hipster couple that didn't smile or move an inch the entire show. Like gee, thanks for hogging two railing spots that people who are actually psyched to see the show would've enjoyed.

The crowd was surprisingly tame for the most part. The center of the first 8 or 10 rows got going pretty good, but my side wasn't into it. And I can enjoy the show with or without the psuedo-moshing (or whatever it is we want to call it) but I was kinda hoping they'd be more crazy. Oh well.

The setlist was good, but I feel like the should hold off on Howl and '59 Sound till a little later in the set, because they're ALOT to start with and leading the setlist with them doesn't give the crowd a chance to build up to them. Of course, it is fun having them run out on stage and everyone just yells "HEY-EY-EEY-EYYYYY-EYY-YEYYYEY!!!!" to kick off the show.

I still can't believe they went straight from Spirit of Jazz into Red in the Morning like it was nothing. I envy Brian in the regard, because he's a fucking athlete if I've ever seen one. I get beat just watching them and he can just go and go.

It was so weird at the end of the night when he came out to see us, because I could see this stocky little guy in a hoodie walking in our direction and I couldn't tell who it was, and I'm standing there going, "Is that Brian? No, that's not Brian. Or is it? No, it's not," and I quit paying attention and then all of a sudden he pulled his hood down and started talking to us and I couldn't believe it was really him. Like he wasn't there and then he just WAS.

Anyway, I guess that's all I have to say for now. Other than getting asked for change by no less than eight different bums at various points in the evening (waiting in line, leaving the venue, waiting for the guys, and then walking back to the hotel) it was an amazing night. Someone needs to invent some kind of anti-bum pheromone though because I'm sick of shooing them away like pigeons every time I go to a concert. But I digress.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 12:10 am

Rose, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your recaps, haha. Especially the part about Levine, that was awesome. But girl how did you manage to avoid knowing Ian was from England? haha. I feel like I couldn't have avoided knowing that if I tried! That's really cool that you met all of them though. I've only been to maybe 2 shows where they all came out and usually you miss one because you were talking to one of the others for too long or something. Was that your first time meeting them?

Regarding your issue not getting on the rail, what happened? I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 12:29 am

Damn, the show at First Ave doesn't even start until 9?
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:26 am

I don't know; Ian's national origin is just something that's never come up. I'd never heard him speak, and no one around me ever said anything about where he's from, so I just assumed he was from somewhere in the U.S. I'm guessing I probably heard or read at some point that he was British but I just plum forgot.

As for the railing thing, I'm not completely sure what happened. When they let us in, we'd already been ID'ed and wrist-banded so we went straight to the security checkpoint, and while yes, there were several open checkpoints and a handful of people were getting ahead of us, there shouldn't have already been 20+ people when we made it inside, so I'm guessing that some people had some kind of early entry because the ones I ended up behind hadn't been anywhere near us in the line. And I wouldn't have cared as much if they'd been interested in the show, but they just acted so bored. They're kinda why I was hoping the crowd would get rowdy, and while I'd never dream of being intentionally aggressive or violent towards someone, I did want to see just how committed to the front row they really were. I hope that doesn't make me sound vindictive or mean because I would never single someone out and bully them over a spot, but I was hoping it would get too rough in general for them to want to stay. Know what I mean? I hope I don't sound like a total sociopath. Shocked

And yeah, that was my first time meeting any of them. I was surprised that only about 6 or 8 people turned up, but that's alright, more Brian to go around. Razz
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:29 am

Rose1991 wrote:
I don't know; Ian's national origin is just something that's never come up. I'd never heard him speak, and no one around me ever said anything about where he's from, so I just assumed he was from somewhere in the U.S. I'm guessing I probably heard or read at some point that he was British but I just plum forgot.

As for the railing thing, I'm not completely sure what happened. When they let us in, we'd already been ID'ed and wrist-banded so we went straight to the security checkpoint, and while yes, there were several open checkpoints and a handful of people were getting ahead of us, there shouldn't have already been 20+ people when we made it inside, so I'm guessing that some people had some kind of early entry because the ones I ended up behind hadn't been anywhere near us in the line. And I wouldn't have cared as much if they'd been interested in the show, but they just acted so bored. They're kinda why I was hoping the crowd would get rowdy, and while I'd never dream of being intentionally aggressive or violent towards someone, I did want to see just how committed to the front row they really were. I hope that doesn't make me sound vindictive or mean because I would never single someone out and bully them over a spot, but I was hoping it would get too rough in general for them to want to stay. Know what I mean? I hope I don't sound like a total sociopath. Shocked

And yeah, that was my first time meeting any of them. I was surprised that only about 6 or 8 people turned up, but that's alright, more Brian to go around. Razz

As someone who is often accused of "being bored" at shows, I assure you that some people just look a certain way when they enjoy music. While I will jumped around and scream my lungs out at some shows, many shows, I just want to stand and take it all in. I can't stand when people standing next to me tell me to loosen up and enjoy the music--I am! I just naturally stand in amazement. I came to watch the band! I'll rock out playing Gaslight in my car to the show--but when I get there, I can't help but just focus on watching the performance.

I only say this to point out that the couple you're upset with weren't necessarily bad fans or anything (though they easily could have been).
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:42 am

Well I thought that myself and wondered if that was just their way of enjoying the music, but I just got this vibe from them that they were only there because they liked a few songs and had nothing better to do. But I didn't talk to them, so I might have them totally wrong. Still, the looks on their faces were that of complete indifference. You can tell when somebody's interested in something even if they're not smiling, and they certainly didn't look to me like they were. I came up with some snide comments about how they should go join the mosh pit if they're bored, but I didn't wanna be a dick and knew I very well could be misjudging them, so I kept my remarks to myself and concentrated on enjoying the show. bounce
Back to top Go down
osumarko
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:18 am

Rose1991 wrote:

As for the railing thing, I'm not completely sure what happened. When they let us in, we'd already been ID'ed and wrist-banded so we went straight to the security checkpoint, and while yes, there were several open checkpoints and a handful of people were getting ahead of us, there shouldn't have already been 20+ people when we made it inside, so I'm guessing that some people had some kind of early entry because the ones I ended up behind hadn't been anywhere near us in the line.

House of Blues has a pass the line deal where if you spend money in the restaurant first, you'll get in before the line outside. That's what I did and I was one of the people on the railing.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:53 pm

That's lame. I'd rather hang out with the other sidewalk warriors, brave the cold, get dripped on by whatever that weird liquid coming off the awning was, and get accosted by homeless people. It's shitty, but it's also a big part of the experience.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Rose - awesome story! So happy for you and your post-show experience!!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Didn't see a post on Brian's surprise appearance at the TBS show in Cleveland. Maybe someone did but I'm too dumb to find it:

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2015/03/gaslight-anthem-brian-fallon-taking-back-sunday-video
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   US/Canada tour 2015 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada tour 2015
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next