DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song   Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:34 am

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/my-walkout-song-brian-fallon-of-the-gaslight-anthem

What got you into jiu jitsu?
I kept getting beat up at school when I was really little—I was one of those kids. I kept coming home with bloody noses and black eyes. My father was like “That’s it, you’re going here.” And I was like (sheepishly) “OK.”
The thing it helped with the most is not so much that it taught me how to fight as the discipline. It teaches you a work ethic, pushing yourself through it.
It also gives you a little bit of confidence because you know “I can do this if I have to,” but at the same time it doesn’t make you aggressive, which I like a lot. If you know you can break a guy’s arm it doesn’t mean that you should. They spent a lot of time in the school I went to teaching us how to avoid altercations using your words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song   Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Thank you for this...very insightful piece
Back to top Go down

Interview with Brian for Fightland about bullies, fighting and the ideal walkout song
Page 1 of 1