DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats goin on?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:19 pm

hey im kevin. got into the gaslight anthem right before the '59 sound was released, it was my aoty. some of my other favorite bands are weatherbox, thursday, manchester orchestra, good old war, say anytthing circa ...is a real boy. im 23 go to school part time and work full time.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

hmm, so Gaslight's not really up your alley music-wise? that seems to happen a lot with this band. also, i bet you're pumped about Good Old War being on this tour with Gaslight, huh?

also, let me guess, you like The Big Lebowski, right?
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm

no, i just discovered em late wish i knew about em earlier. i just listed, SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE ARTISTS i own their ep and 2 full lengths which is huge because i dont buy many albums anymore these days.

and yes. big lebowski ref.

in regards to the tour, im crossing my fingers they make it to houston. there isnt a date yet, but theres a gap between the 2 texas dates and the next show which is in a diff state, so im hoping we will get a show, but looking at the bands it doesnt look like we will get good old war even if we do get a show

Last edited by The Dude on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

that is such a great flick! Great to have you here... how did you find out about the forum?
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:37 pm

i just guessed there would be one. lol they seem like a band that could possibly have a cult following and most bands like that have fan forums, thats what me and some freinds did for weatherbox we made one for them.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:50 pm

The Dude wrote:
no, i just discovered em late wish i knew about em earlier. i just listed, SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE ARTISTS i own their ep and 2 full lengths which is huge because i dont buy many albums anymore these days.

okay, chill out dude. i just noticed that the bands you listed are not really punk bands. most Gaslight fans would list bands like Against Me!, The Lawrence Arms, The Bouncing Souls, Lucero, Jawbreaker, bands like that. you listed a post-hardcore band (not that far off from TGA), a folk-rock group, and a few other bands who are not punk bands. i was just noting how people who are into only classic rock, for example, love TGA. i was mentioning how they have fans spread across a variety of genres, not just punks
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:19 pm

woord, i like everything. i was trying to attack you just pointing out what i said. heres my last.fm

http://www.last.fm/user/Insult2TheDead

i guess yall dont allow pic sigs i was trying to post my last.fm chart it wont show up
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 pm

yeah, I am pretty much against pic sigs... last.fm things are cool, but usually people put up obnoxious stuff that really irritates me.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Dude

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:27 pm

i know, some people go alll out and put shit up thatll give en epeleptic (sp) a siezure (sp) yall will have to forgive me im used to my mac w/ spell check so when i post at work ill lack in spelling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats goin on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats goin on?   Whats goin on? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats goin on?
Page 1 of 1