DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AUS tour 2015

Go down 
+12
SeanoFromAus
Jaws
mja271
TooMuchGaslight
mingus
LuceroDiehard
The Angry Johnny Revue
CapedAvenger
brianpd
cms35
StitchesOnTheRadio
enola
16 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi Australia, We are very excited to announce that we will be doing several shows down under in January and February of 2015.

January 28 - Gold Coast - Coolangatta Hotel (18+)
January 29 - The Tivoli - Brisbane (18+)
January 31 - Enmore Theatre - Sydney (all ages)
February 1 - The Factory - Sydney (all ages) By request show
February 3 - Forum Theatre - Melbourne (18+)
February 4 - Prince Of Wales - Melbourne (all ages) By request show
February 5 - HQ Complex - Adelaide (18+)

45 RPM Club presale will begin on Wednesday, October 15th
General on sale will begin on Friday, October 17th

Last edited by enola on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 5:49 am

3 new shows announced including 2 "by request" shows where the fans can pick the band's setlist.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/the-gaslight-anthem-add-by-request-shows-to-2015-australian-tour/

You can vote for 3 songs here: https://www.facebook.com/soundwavetouring?sk=app_508217325871297
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 5:55 am

enola wrote:
3 new shows announced including 2 "by request" shows where the fans can pick the band's setlist.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/the-gaslight-anthem-add-by-request-shows-to-2015-australian-tour/

You can vote for 3 songs here: https://www.facebook.com/soundwavetouring?sk=app_508217325871297

This is really cool and I am jealous.

I hope people take advantage of this and request songs that haven't been played in a long time. Can't wait to see what kind of set lists come out of this!
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 3:16 pm

By request show…god that's gonna be great….
Back to top Go down
brianpd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Can anyone song from the records be chosen?
Back to top Go down
http://secretofthesound.com
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:22 pm

brianpd wrote:
Can anyone song from the records be chosen?
Looking at the Facebook page, there's no restriction on which songs you can vote for. You vote for songs in free-format text fields, so there's no restriction on what you type in there. Although, perhaps strangely, you have to vote for three - there are three boxes, all of which must be filled in.

Ask them to play Space Oddity if you feel like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brianpd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:31 pm

So this means we could be hearing some rare AS songs! Some one take videos!
Back to top Go down
http://secretofthesound.com
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm flying over from New Zealand for this. It would be a whole lot easier if they just announced an Auckland show with the original line up but many 45 hour work weeks later her I am with a holiday to Melbourne booked. Anyone else going to be at the Melbourne shows and wants to meet up for a drink?

Songs I requested for the request show were: Cowgirls, Miles Davis, and Orphans.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Aus   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:46 am

AUS tour 2015 B6607beeb11496ddadc92030f84f2e98-640x360

Gig Reviews

The Gaslight Anthem – Brisbane, The Tivoli 29/01/15

Written by Vivienne Mitchell on 30th January, 2015

A black suit, black shirt, and trademark hipster glasses adorn the lone guitarist taking the spotlight centre stage. Commanding the attention of more than a thousand people — including Scotty Mac, lead singer of Toe to Toe — with just an acoustic guitar and a stool is no mean feat. Yet Chris Farren, a handsome long haired country music singer (think Johnny Depp meets Orlando Bloom) and frontman of Florida’s Fake Problems, rises to the task of warming the crowd for The Gaslight Anthem.

His sometimes lilting, often rusty, but always clear and perfectly tuned voice traverses an unfamiliar country/folk catalogue. Yet from the upbeat calypso of Eagle Eyes to the somewhat cheesy but beautiful malady Ghost to Coast, his set generates a sense of romance which seems to permeate the crowd.

Before long Farren’s stool is replaced by four guitars and a drum kit bathed in red light. At precisely 8:30pm the stage explodes with The Gaslight Anthem and The 59 Sound. Brian Fallon smiles, unleashing his trademark New Jersey vocals to a crowd of hardcore fans lapping up the wistful, uptempo rock.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/the-gaslight-anthem-brisbane-the-tivoli-290115/

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:25 am

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2015/the-factory-theatre-sydney-australia-2bcac4ae.html

What an awesome setlist! More "by request" shows please!!
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 5:54 pm

This is really awesome! Red at Night and I'm on fire
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:00 pm

9 Sink or Swim songs last night, wow.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Last night's setlist, absolutely crazy.

The '59 Sound
Wooderson
Handwritten
1,000 Years
The Spirit of Jazz
Stay Lucky
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Red in the Morning
I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Angry Johnny And The Radio
Great Expectations
Meet Me by the River's Edge
Red Violins
Here Comes My Man
Mulholland Drive
Old Haunts
We Came to Dance
Red At Night
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Sweet Morphine
I Coul'da Been a Contender
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner

That Red At Night video is great, by the way.
Back to top Go down
SeanoFromAus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Yeah the setlists at all the aussie shows have been pretty awesome I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm

great setlist, I like it...I hope they will also play such like this during the European tour
Back to top Go down
abw123
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:39 pm

I'm shocked by these setlists, they are playing 1-2 new songs and NINE from Sink or Swim?

Putting that together with something vague I read recently about their next album being "faster" songs, do we think they've just rediscovered the love for this style of songs???

It's really interesting.

I would never have guessed they'd be sick of playing Get Hurt already.....
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of Get Hurt songs in the setlists. I was really eager to hear how the new stuff was live. Still at least I got my favourite Sweet Morphine in there, and when it briefly transitioned into Scar Tissue right at the end that was so out of the blue and unexpected.

Crowd were too fucking rowdy last night. In my mind I was pleading with the band to slow down the tempo. Pretty early on Brian gave up on trying to talk to the crowd because they kept hijacking the show with their idiocy.

I haven't seen the band live in a couple of years now. It was great to see how they have improved as musicians.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Second Melbourne show was the greatest Gaslight gig I have eer been to. The boys looked so happy to be there. The crowd were a lot more respectful than the previous night. Plus I doubt you'll ever get a chance to see Gasligjt in such a small intimate venue on this side of the world ever again.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 6:12 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of Get Hurt songs in the setlists. I was really eager to hear how the new stuff was live. Still at least I got my favourite Sweet Morphine in there, and when it briefly transitioned into Scar Tissue right at the end that was so out of the blue and unexpected.

Crowd were too fucking rowdy last night. In my mind I was pleading with the band to slow down the tempo. Pretty early on Brian gave up on trying to talk to the crowd because they kept hijacking the show with their idiocy.

I haven't seen the band live in a couple of years now. It was great to see how they have improved as musicians.

That does kind of suck, considering this is their first trip to Australia since the new album came out. I know I was getting annoyed when they started straying away from Get Hurt a few shows into the US tour and I had already had the privilege of hearing most of the songs several times live by that point. Can't imagine if they'd done that on day 1! It's funny, in an interview Brian did recently in Australia, he said something like "we're not playing a lot of new stuff, we're playing what people want to hear"  scratch

That said, apart from the lack of Get Hurt songs, I am INSANELY jealous of these set lists. I mean, spirit of jazz, stay lucky, river's edge, woody, diner, etc.

The crowd thing though No . I want those fast tracks back, but not with crowds that are over the top. I know that feeling of pleading in your mind for the band to slow down just to get the crowd to chill. I still get that feeling of dread when I hear the opening notes to great expectations for this reason.

By the way, did they bring the light show over there? I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:12 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

The crowd thing though No . I want those fast tracks back, but not with crowds that are over the top. I know that feeling of pleading in your mind for the band to slow down just to get the crowd to chill. I still get that feeling of dread when I hear the opening notes to great expectations for this reason.

I feel like these quotes epitomize a great divide between Gaslight fans....

There are people who want to be moving and dancing and singing together, and there are people who want to be statues at the front and hold their ground as if it's sacred. It's not.

I'm all for people getting there early and waiting to be in the front, but it's also a rock show.. People move, people get smushed into each other.. You might not have the exact same view of Brian as you did at the start, or alex's sweet guitar moves or Alex's bass poses... But hey! That's the nature of seeing live music with a fun, energetic bad.

Yes, I agree the people crowdsurfing all night, stage diving, etc. are douchebags... A small mosh pit can be okay as long as people are keeping their elbows in and not involving the people who don't want to be in it. The energy of hte crowd, the singing along, the environment is what makes Gaslight shows so special.

All I want is to fist pump and pogo and move with my family... The Gaslight family...
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 2:03 pm

TGAFAN25 wrote:

There are people who want to be moving and dancing and singing together, and there are people who want to be statues at the front and hold their ground as if it's sacred. It's not.

I'm all for people getting there early and waiting to be in the front, but it's also a rock show.. People move, people get smushed into each other.. You might not have the exact same view of Brian as you did at the start, or alex's sweet guitar moves or Alex's bass poses... But hey! That's the nature of seeing live music with a fun, energetic bad.

Yes, I agree the people crowdsurfing all night, stage diving, etc. are douchebags... A small mosh pit can be okay as long as people are keeping their elbows in and not involving the people who don't want to be in it. The energy of hte crowd, the singing along, the environment is what makes Gaslight shows so special.

All I want is to fist pump and pogo and move with my family... The Gaslight family...

^^ This. Right here.

I tend to stand off to the side a lttle for this very reason, but I'm still up front leaning on the barrier (usually...or at least I'm close too it...I'm too short not try, anyhow...). This way I can be close enough to the energy of folks throwing themselves all over, and see everything without having to look back and forth cuz it's all in my line of view. And I'm not getting knocked over or impeding on someone else's spazms. Cuz they paid, too. Can I look up and count Brian's nosehairs? No. Do I need to? Absolutely not. Even though I am sure his nose hairs are just glorious. As long as I can see and hear (provided the mix is decent and I'm not getting only one of the Alex's all night...) it's all good. Problem solved...nature of GA, I guess...But yeah...when it's over the top...it can really ruin an evening...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 pm

TGAFAN25 wrote:

While I cannot speak for others, you are making a lot of assumptions about what I define as an over the top crowd. I am ALWAYS moving and dancing and singing EXCEPT for when I'm being crushed against the barricade to the point where i can't move and inch and can barely breathe. Or when I'm protecting myself from a stream of crowd surfers that is so constant, security can't even keep up. Sorry I don't enjoy that, but I'd rather be enjoying the music.

I love to be moving during songs. In fact, it's almost like it's physically painful for me not to be moving to a song that I love. Hence why I hate being pinned. I do NOT hold my ground as if it's sacred. I'm never in the same spot on the barricade by the end of the night, however, I DO hold on to the barricade like that is sacred because a) I am 5' 3" and can't see a damn thing if I'm behind anyone and b) because I'm small, it's a lot more dangerous for me to be in the middle of a pit, so it's the front or the sides for me and I prefer front. If you think that's unreasonable then I don't give a shit. And I fully accept that I will be smushed and banged into from time to time at a rock show, but there's a difference between continuous movement and just a being pinned against a barricade for an entire song.

And while I am NOT a statue in the front, I say that if you want to be, and you accept that it may mean being crushed a bit, then good for you. Everyone enjoys music differently and if that's how some people want to do it, it doesn't make them an less of fans or less worthy of being at a rock show.

Were you at the DC shows last fall? Because those would be my example of a literally perfect crowd.

The great divide isn't between people who like to dance vs quietly listen, it's between people who have fun but are respectful of those around them and people who don't give a shit who they kick in the face or who can't breathe up front.
Back to top Go down
bigbug
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 am

Curious if any boots from Down Under surfaced (or will surface). Would love to hear a show from this leg. As always, mucho thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AUS tour 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUS tour 2015   AUS tour 2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AUS tour 2015
Page 1 of 1