DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern

Go down 
+7
e7c
billy pilgrim
lbw87
Jukebox Romeo
Chris
stephendgaf
cephcarn4
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cephcarn4
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:38 am

Great Show, played till around 1:30 in the morning

setlist:

1. Great Expectations
2. Wooderson
3. Say Anything (Bouncing Souls)
4. Where For Art Thou Elvis
5. 59 Sound
6. Italian Lightning
7. Miles Davis & The Cool
8. Old White Lincoln
9. Angels Wings (Social Distortion)
10. 1930
11. The Blues Mary
12. The Navesink Banks
13. Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
14. Boomboxes & Dictionaries
15. Here's Looking At You Kid
16. Atlantic City (Bruce Springsteen)
17. We Came To Dance
18. Don't Think Twice, Its Alright
19. The Patient Ferris Wheel
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:43 am

What's "Dont Think Twice, Its Alright"?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:17 am

i guess that it's the bob dylan cover.there's no song with this title i know apart from that.
Back to top Go down
cephcarn4
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:54 pm

yea sorry, thats a dylan cover
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:44 pm

wow, Angel's Wings is my favorite Social D song ever. musta been amazing. i love Social D's acoustic version too. and a Souls cover and a Dylan cover? damn. Mike Ness's acoustic version of Don't Think Twice is amazing, and Brian's musta been even better. hope some vids turn up

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lbw87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:27 pm

all of the covers songs were absolutely amazing!! especially the social distortion cover...

i saw a buncha people up front taping the show...anyone have any vids yet?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:51 pm

none on youtube yet
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:23 pm

That's weird, I always thought "Angel's Wings" was a song I could see TGA or Brian solo covering. Pretty sweeeet.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 pm

I can not wait to hear a live version of The Blues Mary... that has become one of my favorites
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:12 pm

e6c wrote:
I can not wait to hear a live version of The Blues Mary... that has become one of my favorites

I'm in the process of posting songs from the show in Cambridge, The Blues Mary was one that I had to get. The videos are a bit shaky and whatever- I dance and I can't help it. I was standing on a step and had nothing to lean on. Anyway, I think I have 4 videos. I should have them all up by tomorrow. www.youtube.com/cbtvids enjoy.
Back to top Go down
fools_gold
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:08 pm

I hope UK gets some Brian solo shows soon. That set and the covers sound immense.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:16 pm

wow, liveit, thanks a bunch for getting those vids. The Blues, Mary is incredible live. good sound quality too. however, it says the video for Cold Cold Ground is private and won't let me watch it...
Back to top Go down
sodapop99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 pm

i agree the blues mary is taking over my life
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
wow, liveit, thanks a bunch for getting those vids. The Blues, Mary is incredible live. good sound quality too. however, it says the video for Cold Cold Ground is private and won't let me watch it...

I know, sorry. I was rushing around while trying to get them on YouTube. Resulted in some not so great. I just need to redue them, I'll try to get to them tonight. Cold Cold Ground came out bad- I use iMovie to post them to YouTube and when I did that one, I rotated it but left it on "crop" so the entire video all you see is Brian from the neck to his guitar. I wanted to fix that before I post it to the public. I think I have 4 videos in total. The Blues, Mary. Cold Cold Ground. Atlantic City. And Drive I think, not totally sure. I'll fix them up and get them on there ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDDsC0KX3zo

Sorry, didn't see this video was already posted.

Does anyone have a bootleg of this show? It would be incredible
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
moderate

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Seriously, if anyone has and audio or video from the Court Tavern show it would be greatly appreciated. I was at the show and taped a couple songs myself but it did not come out too well.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:33 pm

heartbreak of the century. i was browsing vimeo for the first time today and found a complete recording of this show! and i'm like "awesome, we finally found video of Brian playing 'Angel's Wings'!"

nope. chick turned her camera off for OWL and Angel's Wings. i'm pissed

either way, here's the whole show:
Part 1: http://www.vimeo.com/3736051
Part 2: http://www.vimeo.com/3742084
Part 3: http://www.vimeo.com/3750664
Part 4: http://www.vimeo.com/3778084

oh well, at least we got video of Say Anything, Don't Think Twice, and a great solo performance by Brian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern   Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick -  Court Tavern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon - 1/24 New Brunswick - Court Tavern
Page 1 of 1