DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tour in 2015?

Go down 
+15
CapedAvenger
Spc66
emenius
Jersey-Chris
~Aaron~
borrowedcar
BrokenHallelujah
azlisa
Smasha13
chickenman
Anya_TGA
The_River
jensomniac
macci
enola
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:16 pm

I almost forgot to say. They will play in Ireland again to kick of the European tour in 2015. I think it was even mentioned that it will be Dublin and Belfast but I'm not a 100% sure about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Fail wrote:
It's a fairly safe bet that they will be in Europe over most of the summer, but you would expect the majority of those dates to be festivals. Not sure we'll get another proper tour next year, though very happy to be proven wrong!

I'm going out on a limb and saying they'll almost certainly be at Reading/Leeds. Having done it 4 times in 5 years, they haven't been there since 2012. I imagine they'll be having withdrawal symptoms. Very Happy

What I'd guess/predict, is play the festival circuits then do one or two bigger shows in the UK- so like Wembley Arena- cos bare in mind, that arena is over 12,000- but they did Alexandra Palace (6,000), Motorpoint Arena which ranges from 5,000-7,000, two nights in Manchester Apollo of 3,500 per night, Edinburgh Corn Exchange (3,000) and Birmingham O2 Academy of 3,500+ capacity. So if you were to combine that, even conservatively, they played to roughly 25,000 people. They could maybe do one night at Wembley Arena and one night at maybe the Motorpoint at Sheffield or NIA in Birmingham or the Leeds arena. I mean, lets just say, they did Reading and Glastonbury in the UK Festival circuits then did Wembley Arena and Leeds Arena- that would be 26,000 people over the two nights, which isn't too far away from what they did this time around, so I think it would be interesting to see if they could fill both. I think they probably could, especially if they are high on the bill on the Festival circuits.
Back to top Go down
Fail
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Fail

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm

I'd be surprised if they went for the bigger venues - I'd be less surprised if they did a place like Brixton a night or two before the festival shows (if they were doing Reading) or Cardiff/Bristol just before Glastonbury.

Especially if Brian is telling the truth about not liking the big venues.
Back to top Go down
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Fail wrote:
I'd be surprised if they went for the bigger venues - I'd be less surprised if they did a place like Brixton a night or two before the festival shows (if they were doing Reading) or Cardiff/Bristol just before Glastonbury.

I've not seen this quote, but he seemed to love playing that PNC Centre in NJ and that is bigger than Wembley Arena. Plus he seemed to get a kick out of playing Wembley Stadium in support for the Killers last summer, so I'd imagine if they were confident they could sell it out, I'm sure they'd be okay with it.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Woody wrote:
What I'd guess/predict, is play the festival circuits then do one or two bigger shows in the UK- so like Wembley Arena- cos bare in mind, that arena is over 12,000- but they did Alexandra Palace (6,000), Motorpoint Arena which ranges from 5,000-7,000, two nights in Manchester Apollo of 3,500 per night, Edinburgh Corn Exchange (3,000) and Birmingham O2 Academy of 3,500+ capacity. So if you were to combine that, even conservatively, they played to roughly 25,000 people. They could maybe do one night at Wembley Arena and one night at maybe the Motorpoint at Sheffield or NIA in Birmingham or the Leeds arena. I mean, lets just say, they did Reading and Glastonbury in the UK Festival circuits then did Wembley Arena and Leeds Arena- that would be 26,000 people over the two nights, which isn't too far away from what they did this time around, so I think it would be interesting to see if they could fill both. I think they probably could, especially if they are high on the bill on the Festival circuits.
I genuinely can't see them playing either Wembley Arena or Leeds Arena. I've been to Leeds a LOT since it opened, and seen far more popular acts play to the place half empty. Upcoming acts that haven't yet sold the place out: Slash, The Who (!!!), Status Quo, Madness, Kaiser Chiefs (£20 a ticket, and FROM Leeds), Lionel Richie, The Black Keys, etc.

Don't get me wrong - seeing my favourite band in my favourite venue would be incredible. But it won't happen any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 7:17 pm

the Rock A Field (festival in Luxembourg) takes place from the 3 to the 5 of July... I hope they will come.... some bands are already announced...more will be in March... too long to wait
Back to top Go down
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 8:21 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
Woody wrote:
I genuinely can't see them playing either Wembley Arena or Leeds Arena. I've been to Leeds a LOT since it opened, and seen far more popular acts play to the place half empty. Upcoming acts that haven't yet sold the place out: Slash, The Who (!!!), Status Quo, Madness, Kaiser Chiefs (£20 a ticket, and FROM Leeds), Lionel Richie, The Black Keys, etc.

Don't get me wrong - seeing my favourite band in my favourite venue would be incredible. But it won't happen any time soon.

I just used Leeds as an example. I genuinely think they could sell Wembley Arena if the prices are right. And if they are doing Reading/Leeds, I doubt they'd do Leeds Arena anyway. But I'd be interested if they did Wembley Arena and NIA or Sheffield.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 1:17 am

Woody wrote:
Fail wrote:

I've not seen this quote, but he seemed to love playing that PNC Centre in NJ and that is bigger than Wembley Arena. Plus he seemed to get a kick out of playing Wembley Stadium in support for the Killers last summer, so I'd imagine if they were confident they could sell it out, I'm sure they'd be okay with it.

I've heard this too. I wouldn't be surprised if they did an arena sized show here or there when it made sense, but I don't think they're in a big hurry to play places like PNC every night. And honestly, I'm not in a hurry for them to either! I think they get a kick out of those shows because I mean who wouldn't, it's gotta be insane to be on that stage! But it's a whole different story to do that on a nightly basis.
Back to top Go down
michaelphillips
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
michaelphillips

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Woody wrote:
Fail wrote:
It's a fairly safe bet that they will be in Europe over most of the summer, but you would expect the majority of those dates to be festivals. Not sure we'll get another proper tour next year, though very happy to be proven wrong!

I'm going out on a limb and saying they'll almost certainly be at Reading/Leeds. Having done it 4 times in 5 years, they haven't been there since 2012. I imagine they'll be having withdrawal symptoms. Very Happy

I think you are being more than slightly ambitious with what venues they could play in the UK! I was surprised they went with Alexandra Palace in all honesty and I don't think that sold out. They may have played to 25,000 over the whole of the UK but I imagine there were a few who went to more than one gig (I know I did) and more importantly I'm not sure they would all travel to London/Leeds to see them! I think even Birmingham had some tickets available on the day and that venue looked small (I'm shocked it has a capacity of over 3,500!). When I tell most people my favourite band is The Gaslight Anthem, most of them have never heard of them! I think they are a way off playing Wembley Arena just yet...
Back to top Go down
michaelphillips
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
michaelphillips

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Fail wrote:

I fully support them doing two nights at Brixton before Glastonbury. It may be a little because I live within a half hour walk from the venue... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jersey-Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jersey-Chris

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 1:25 pm

enola wrote:
I almost forgot to say. They will play in Ireland again to kick of the European tour in 2015. I think it was even mentioned that it will be Dublin and Belfast but I'm not a 100% sure about that.

if they play both,I will be there for sure. I love Irland and the irish audience.
Back to top Go down
Fail
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Fail

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Brian said at the first Manchester pre-show that he wasn't particularly comfortable at venues bigger than that size (3,500).

They didn't sell out Ally Pally (7,300), Cardiff (7,500) or Birmingham (about 3,000) and, according to the security guys, they only sold about 1800 for the second Manchester night.

Wembley is 12,500. I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 6:37 am

Fail wrote:
...according to the security guys, they only sold about 1800 for the second Manchester night.
A friend of mine dropped out of the gig a few hours before we set off, so i had a spare ticket to offload at short notice. I had no time to try to sell it via other means, so i had to try touts. I couldn't even get £5 from a tout because there was so much availability for the second night.

I'll say this and then drop it, because this is turning into a somewhat circuitous argument: i cannot see TGA headlining any UK venues with a capacity of 10,000 or over in the next 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour in 2015?   Tour in 2015? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour in 2015?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2