DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

59 Sound REMIX

Go down 
+8
e7c
JoshRaymond
Stalls_Standing
stephendgaf
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
lbw87
Snap
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm

from Devildance Records blog:

Quote :
hey guys... we just got a treat from a california house dj/producer named otis whiterock. he is an old friend of myself, and gaslight anthem drummer benny horowitz... and brother of devildance part owner rob knight. the fine folks over at side one, and the gaslight dudes were nice enough to send him some of the stems of the now classic record "the 59 sound" to work on some remixes, and this is what he churned out. this is not a devildance record, and im not sure what side one plans to do with this... but i hope that they will release it somehow, being that its a pretty impressive electronic reincarnation of the song. anyway, i just wanted to put it out there for some people to hear. pretty amazing. if youre into electronic music you should check out some of his other stuff!...
www.myspace.com/otiswhiterock

listen to it on the Devildance myspace, pretty interesting version
http://www.myspace.com/devildancerecordz
Back to top Go down
lbw87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:28 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MI0P4P93
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:34 pm

this is gonna be heard in clubs around the country in no time. told ya they're moving away from punk. next albums gonna be straight club beats
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:03 pm

hahah, nah- they're not the ones that did the mix. I doubt you'll ever hear "club beats" from them. Like Brian said, it's soul.......they're where soul is going, they're the next step in soul, soul of today. I find it refreshing and inviting......
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:19 pm

hey, dance music can be pretty soulful...ever heard "Everytime We Touch" by Cascada? doesn't get much more soulful than that
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:00 pm

i usually hate stuff like this but this is ok. maybe just cause i like gaslight so much.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Yeah, it's not that bad actually. I like it.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:44 pm

i hate this kinda stuff
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:59 pm

hmm the link is not working for me and the devil dance site isn't opening the audio player... argh
Back to top Go down
Strummerville
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Strummerville

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Hmm...interesting.
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
hey, dance music can be pretty soulful...ever heard "Everytime We Touch" by Cascada? doesn't get much more soulful than that

I totally agree, I just don't really see TGA going in that direction. Who knows, time will tell. Whatever they do, it's sure to be amazing.......
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:10 pm

i hope you know i've been joking the entire time in this thread. techno/dance music is awful. it's so generic and unimaginative, and Cascada's song is anything but soulful. and i know TGA would never start putting out club beats
Back to top Go down
Scott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scott

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:59 am

haha ive found the one gaslight-related audio clip that i will NOT download lol

i dont like alot of techno stuff (me not really being a guy who gets his kicks from dancing in loud sweaty clubs w/ a bunch of drunk skanks) but i dont mind it, in fact some of that shit can be pretty good lol but i dont like what was done to the 59 sound..
it just sucks, the 59 sound is not supposed to be a clubby techno dance song...
it takes away the meaning and emotion from the song...

its pretty nicely put together though ill giv devildance that.. its not bad i just dont like it.. its the wrong song
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:19 am

e6c wrote:
hmm the link is not working for me and the devil dance site isn't opening the audio player... argh

I sometimes get that problem and turning of my pop up blocker temporarily sorts.

I also cant stand this mix though its nowhere near as bad as I thought. I love loads of dance and hip hop music though.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:34 am

i think 'interesting' is the right word! at least it's not sped up in a freaky scooter remix now that would be even worse!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

59 Sound REMIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound REMIX   59 Sound REMIX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

59 Sound REMIX
Page 1 of 1