DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)

Go down 
+44
Hasler09
jzancan
Harbortown
SirBrad
ThereIsAThunder
riversedge
Keele
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
CapedAvenger
Shrewsbury_Stars
Anderson19
vamike
Thunder Peel
kappanera
Christophe
loazis
bradleyjp
Jerseyrain
AngryRyan
bringiton
flannel
HolyBreakOfDay
StitchesOnTheRadio
Smasha13
Yozzy
RobertODonnell
Leigh
Jaws
eagles1139
Holland
ivienco
DeathoftheCool
cdala
The_River
enola
pleasepassthesoup
The Angry Johnny Revue
NervousFeet
The_M23
The Last Jukebox Romeo
steady now steady now
Steve70s
McPhist0
Debonair
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Favorite Song off Get Hurt
Stay Vicious
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 6 ]
1,000 Years
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 16 ]
Get Hurt
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 7 ]
Stray Paper
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 7 ]
Helter Skeleton
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 10 ]
Underneath the Ground
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 9 ]
Rollin' and Tumblin'
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 5 ]
Red Violins
 6% [ 7 ]
Selected Poems
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 14 ]
Ain't That a Shame
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Break Your Heart
 6% [ 8 ]
Dark Places
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 19 ]
Sweet Morphine
 6% [ 7 ]
Mama's Boys
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Halloween
POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Have Mercy
 6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 126

AuthorMessage
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:09 pm

I like Sweet Morphine, although the bonus tracks really aren't "album" tracks.

Selected Poems would probably be #1 of album tracks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:19 pm

riversedge wrote:
I honestly think Halloween is the worst ever GA song. Like so much worse than anything they have done.

Craziness.

Halloween would probably be my number one, but I don't really consider it part of this album.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:47 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
What's with the big love for dark places guys? It's probably the safest song on the album, and it has the great "one by one we drifted away" line but idk, not a huge standout for me.

That's exactly how I felt. I agree, it's the safest song on the album and it sounds almost like it could've been bigger. Like it wants to be bigger, but it just isn't. Which is why I don't get why people are calling for it to replace the backseat at a set closer.
100% agreed.

I kind of saw it coming because people tend to love the typical Gaslighty songs, but if you compare it to most of '59 Sound or SoS, it's not really that standout. Stray Paper, Ain't that a shame and Red violins blow it out of the water.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Harbortown wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
What's with the big love for dark places guys? It's probably the safest song on the album, and it has the great "one by one we drifted away" line but idk, not a huge standout for me.

That's exactly how I felt. I agree, it's the safest song on the album and it sounds almost like it could've been bigger. Like it wants to be bigger, but it just isn't. Which is why I don't get why people are calling for it to replace the backseat at a set closer.
100% agreed.

I kind of saw it coming because people tend to love the typical Gaslighty songs, but if you compare it to most of '59 Sound or SoS, it's not really that standout. Stray Paper, Ain't that a shame and Red violins blow it out of the water.

I'm surprised you like Ain't That A Shame, Harbortown, considering how you felt about Rollin and Tumblin. There are moments in that song where I feel like I'm listening to the same thing (Granted, I like R&T and dislike Ain't That A Shame, but I think that may be because I heard R&T first and was put off at the fact that they're so similar in places).

As for Dark Places, I really like it. The first verse with just the guitar really does it for me and carries me through the rest of the song, which is fine enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:19 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
Selected Poems for me. Driving home from work last night, it was that track that made me grin like a lunatic and realise that i'll eventually love this album.
...and this has changed within a week. Now it's Dark Places.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:41 pm

riversedge wrote:
I honestly think Halloween is the worst ever GA song. Like so much worse than anything they have done.

Blasphemy! Shocked
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:47 pm

cdala wrote:
riversedge wrote:

Blasphemy! Shocked
'Worst ever' might be a bit harsh, but i'm no big fan of it. I'm pretty sure i put it bottom of my list on the recent 'rank the songs' thread, and i'd put it behind all the tracks on T59S and AmSl. I'm struggling to think of a TGA track i like less than it.

One thing's for sure - it's divisive.
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Changes for me the more I listen, was 1000 years now underneath the ground, red violins grows more and more each listen.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:12 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
'Worst ever' might be a bit harsh, but i'm no big fan of it. I'm pretty sure i put it bottom of my list on the recent 'rank the songs' thread, and i'd put it behind all the tracks on T59S and AmSl. I'm struggling to think of a TGA track i like less than it.

One thing's for sure - it's divisive.

Haha well, to each his own I guess!

I still can't believe sooo many people like 1000 years, it has the most annoying chorus ever Wink 
Back to top Go down
katechampagne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
katechampagne

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Different strokes for different folks.... I love Halloween. I found it on YT a couple of months ago and fell in love with it! The version on Get Hurt is a bit slower and I like the one from YT better but the song IMO is awesome!

It's hard for me to single out a favorite song. I love Sweet Morphine and Stray Paper... A lot.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/katexchampagne
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:24 am

jzancan wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

100% agreed.

I'm surprised you like Ain't That A Shame, Harbortown, considering how you felt about Rollin and Tumblin. There are moments in that song where I feel like I'm listening to the same thing (Granted, I like R&T and dislike Ain't That A Shame, but I think that may be because I heard R&T first and was put off at the fact that they're so similar in places).

As for Dark Places, I really like it. The first verse with just the guitar really does it for me and carries me through the rest of the song, which is fine enough.
You make a fair point because you're right, they are pretty similar. I guess I just think ATAS is the better one of the two...although I do feel it's ruined by a generic chorus, as is the case with RnT.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:43 am

Stay Vicious, Rollin and Tumblin, Selected Poems, or Sweet Morphine.

I don't understand the Dark Places love. It's good...but, at least for me, somewhat forgettable.

Back to top Go down
MoonlightLady11
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MoonlightLady11

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 2:03 am

Have Mercy is absolutely my #1 but has a definite Horrible Crowes vibe.

Followed by Selected Poems, Red Violins, Ain't That A Shame, & Sweet Morphine.
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 am

I love the "National" style vibe of the guitars in the second half of underneath the ground!
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Initial reaction
Nothing on the album beat the original studio release of Halloween. I love that song so, but I do not care for the album version as much.

That being said, my favorite tracks off the album are Have Mercy and Break Your Heart with Selected Poems close behind those two.
The others are slowly growing on me. There's quite a few I'm really looking forward to hearing acoustic versions of.

My least favorites are probably 1000 Years and Helter Skeleton. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)   POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL: Favorite song off Get Hurt (initial reaction)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3