DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
angryjohnny27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
angryjohnny27

interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Empty
PostSubject: interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'   interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:32 pm

'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'

http://themusic.com.au/interviews/all/2014/07/30/gaslight-anthem-by-benny-doyle/

Cool interview.

But i don't like this part:

“I would say this is our adult record,” Fallon agrees. “Because you get in your thirties and you start to feel stupid wearing T-shirts, you’re like, ‘I don’t know if this looks cool anymore? This kinda looks like I’m going to a barbecue.’ Maybe you’re not as thin as you used to be, maybe your hair is kinda funny. So it’s time to put on a suit and jacket, fine, I guess this is what you do. But if you look at any artist’s career, when they hit their mid-thirties they start putting on blazers and dress shirts – they all do it. Tom Petty did it, Bruce did it, Tom Waits did it, all of them.”

“Look at The National – those guys are all in their forties and they’re all wearing suits. They look great. [But] we’re running through those guys, we’re going to give them a run for their money, so tell Matt [Berninger] I’m looking for him, put the feelers out.”

I agree in be mature musically, but don't wanna see this guys too serious, always in suits just because others artists do. It's hard to imagine Benny or Alex R. in suits in the stage...  i know they are growing, but this is a little sad...
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'   interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:38 pm

^I don't think he literally means they'll always perform in suits. More figuratively speaking.
Back to top Go down
angryjohnny27
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
angryjohnny27

PostSubject: interview: Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt   interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:07 pm

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
^I don't think he literally means they'll always perform in suits. More figuratively speaking.

Yeah, i think this after post haha...
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'   interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Being in my thirties myself, I think it's great the way he said that, because it's so true. You do start to feel some pressure to dress differently and act differently when you're older.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'   interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 11:29 am

I wonder if this means in a few years Brian's gonna start wearing the same exact outfit every single show just in slightly varying colors...
oh wait... he kind of already does
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'   interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 2:42 pm

flannel wrote:
I wonder if this means in a few years Brian's gonna start wearing the same exact outfit every single show just in slightly varying colors...
oh wait... he kind of already does

hahahaha I actually thought of that when I saw TGA at Clifton Park cause he was wearing pretty much the same outfit he had worn to the MATZ concert like two weeks before that... and if I'm not mistaken I even saw him wearing the same jacket again after that... I guess he loves that jacket he bought lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'   interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interview: 'Gaslight Anthem Want You To Get Hurt'
Page 1 of 1