DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings!

Go down 
+2
Debonair
magnificentdreamer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 2:08 pm

I've been following this forum since the new album announcement, so I figured now would be a good time to join. I discovered Gaslight back in 2009 when I saw them play the '59 Sound with Bruce on palladia. I was a casual fan at first, but they've been my favorite band for the past 3 years or so. I've seen them live twice and I hope to see them again soon! Can't wait for the new record!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Welcome to the forum!  wave 
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 5:54 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 6:37 am

Hey and welcome to DSS. Hope you enjoy your time here and never stop dreaming Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
MustangSally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MustangSally

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Hiya MagnificentDreamer! I totally almost used that name haha! Love it so much.

I just joined tonight so we can be newbie friends :-) it's exciting to get to share the new album anticipation with others!

Is there any particular album you've bonded with?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:41 pm

Welcome! Are you going to any of the California shows in September? Since you said you hope to see them more in the future I thought I'd ask! I don't know what part of California you live in, but I saw them at the Fox Theater in Oakland two years ago (they're playing there again in September) and it was a cool place for a show.
Back to top Go down
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:05 pm

MustangSally wrote:

I just joined tonight so we can be newbie friends :-) it's exciting to get to share the new album anticipation with others!

Love your name too! Everything they've ever done is great, but the '59 Sound is definitely my favorite album because it's what introduced me to them and it's so consistent from start to finish. I also like Elsie a lot. It's cool to hear Brian branch out musically. R&T has a similar vibe to '59 or Sink or Swim and Get Hurt could have been on Elsie so I'm super stoked for the new album!
Back to top Go down
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:16 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Welcome! Are you going to any of the California shows in September? Since you said you hope to see them more in the future I thought I'd ask! I don't know what part of California you live in, but I saw them at the Fox Theater in Oakland two years ago (they're playing there again in September) and it was a cool place for a show.

Thanks! I'm from Ventura, California. I saw them at the Roxy in LA two years ago and the Ventura Theater last year. The Roxy is a really cool venue! Unfortunately I'm going to miss the California shows this time around because I'm going to school in Salem, Oregon this fall. I'm hoping they'll add a date in Seattle or Portland. If not, I'm sure there will be another US leg of the tour sometime next year.
Back to top Go down
MustangSally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MustangSally

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:14 am

magnificentdreamer wrote:
MustangSally wrote:

Love your name too! Everything they've ever done is great, but the '59 Sound is definitely my favorite album because it's what introduced me to them and it's so consistent from start to finish.  I also like Elsie a lot.  It's cool to hear Brian branch out musically. R&T has a similar vibe to '59 or Sink or Swim and Get Hurt could have been on Elsie so I'm super stoked for the new album!

Thanks Magster :-)

I never thought of '59 Sound that way but you have a point....it has such a very strong style and flavor to it. 

Have you listened to Molly and the Zombies yet? Smile Check it out if not....it leans a bit more towards Elsie from what I have heard so far!

I know what you mean about Get Hurt....it does take a page from the atmospheric book of Elsie....so excited too! :-D a little over a month to go!!
Back to top Go down
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 am

[quote="MustangSally"][quote="magnificentdreamer"]
MustangSally wrote:

Have you listened to Molly and the Zombies yet? Smile Check it out if not....it leans a bit more towards Elsie from what I have heard so far!
I have! I like them a lot, especially "Red Lights." They're kind of like the Horrible Crowes, but folkier. I hope we get to hear some similar Dylan-influenced songs on "Get Hurt"!
Back to top Go down
MustangSally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MustangSally

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:04 am

MustangSally wrote:
MustangSally wrote:

I have! I like them a lot, especially "Red Lights." They're kind of like the Horrible Crowes, but folkier. I hope we get to hear some similar Dylan-influenced songs on "Get Hurt"!  

Yes they are Smile I'll be happy as long as Brian doesn't start singing like Bob Dylan lol ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: