DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

current Admins & Mods

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

current Admins & Mods Empty
PostSubject: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Just so you know who's who, DimestoreSaints has three Admins and one Mod.

Admins:
Manuela (enola) queen
Andrew (Debonair) king
Alexander (steady now steady now) king 

Mod:
Shelby (StitchesOnTheRadio) jocolor

Feel free to send us a pm about any issues you may have.

As things get busier, we may need to appoint another Mod or two to keep the forum looking tidy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 10:53 pm

jocolor scratch So does that mean I'm like the Jester in this kingdom?

Jester job description according to wikipedia:
"A jester was a historical entertainer either employed to entertain a ruler or other nobility in medieval or Tudor times or was an itinerant performer who entertained common folk at fairs and markets.

I don't know how to entertain you people! What did I sign up for... Shocked

Smile
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:19 pm

Just tell a joke every once in awhile , and you satisfy the "jester" part for me.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:30 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

"A jester was a historical entertainer either employed to entertain a ruler or other nobility in medieval or Tudor times or was an itinerant performer who entertained common folk at fairs and markets.

Smile

*yawn* oh Manuela and Alexander, I do say I grow ever so tired, and bored, and am in need of entertainment.

...Oh jester

*Clap* *Clap*

Amuse us. And don't make me send you to the dungeon again.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:52 am

Debonair wrote:

Smile

*yawn* oh Manuela and Alexander, I do say I grow ever so tired, and bored, and am in need of entertainment.

...Oh jester

*Clap* *Clap*

Amuse us. And don't make me send you to the dungeon again.

Shocked 

uhhhh....*crickets*
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 4:34 am

Smile

In fact, the jester occupied a unique position at court, as s/he was marginalised to the point where s/he could speak truth to power in a way that other courtiers could not.  As such, the jester also served as confidant to the monarch.

"Of at least equal importance with his entertainer's cap was the jester's function as adviser and critic. This is what distinguishes him from a pure entertainer who would juggle batons, swallow swords, or strum on a lute or a clown who would play the fool simply to amuse people. The jester everywhere employed the same techniques to carry out this delicate role, and it would take an obtuse king or emperor not to realize what he was driving at, since 'other court functionaries cooked up the king's facts for him before delivery; the jester delivered them raw'."
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/640914.html

I jest not. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:14 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

Smile

In fact, the jester occupied a unique position at court, as s/he was marginalised to the point where s/he could speak truth to power in a way that other courtiers could not.  As such, the jester also served as confidant to the monarch.

"Of at least equal importance with his entertainer's cap was the jester's function as adviser and critic. This is what distinguishes him from a pure entertainer who would juggle batons, swallow swords, or strum on a lute or a clown who would play the fool simply to amuse people. The jester everywhere employed the same techniques to carry out this delicate role, and it would take an obtuse king or emperor not to realize what he was driving at, since 'other court functionaries cooked up the king's facts for him before delivery; the jester delivered them raw'."
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/640914.html

I jest not. Very Happy

Interesting. I didn't know that. I like this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: current Admins & Mods   current Admins & Mods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

current Admins & Mods
Page 1 of 1