DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )

Go down 
+58
njguy99
Vanderlyle Geek
enola
bt211
JacksSmirkingRevenge
colmillionaire
mvw
NervousFeet
TGAFAN25
Harbortown
luckyman
HorribleCrowe
Rizz
rem999
ivienco
DeathoftheCool
rumham
thomas94
Jack
Anya_TGA
jzancan
Holland
White Man In Hammersmith
HolyBreakOfDay
The_River
ifieverstray
Steve70s
steady now steady now
33RPMHero
eagles1139
PennStateRLZ
nebraska
JimmyB
zerb012345
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
bradleyjp
sinkorswimmydear
Prisoner
The Last Jukebox Romeo
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
pleasepassthesoup
FrankieG
RobertODonnell
kappanera
pepperedham
CapedAvenger
jonnyz83
poormrpitiful
Christophe
NeverTrustAJunkie
Hasler09
Jaws
matkins
angryjohnny27
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Zach_Edelman
Debonair
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 pm

This put all my worries about the album aside. This (along with R&T) is the direction I was hoping they'd go in.
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:49 pm

So is this considered a leak and we shouldn't talk about it? Or is it fair game? Don't want to rock the boat... Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Hey guys were getting it figured out. As of right now were treating it as a leak so please no requests etc.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:50 pm

FrankieG wrote:
So is this considered a leak and we shouldn't talk about it? Or is it fair game? Don't want to rock the boat... Thanks.

Were always fine with discussion. See my previous post.
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 pm

A radio dj in the US tweeted this "New music from @gaslightanthem coming just before 2p...it's called "Get Hurt" from the album of the same name coming on 8/19! REJOICE!" so its obviously getting airplay over there
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Wow. This song is phenomenal. Definitely agree with all the Horrible Crowes comments. Would feel at home on Elsie.
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Just heard it on XM Alt Nation, good thing I have a Gaslight alert set in my car.

I assumed it was going to be Rollin' and Tumblin' but when it started to play I got very excited, great stuff.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:13 pm

StateOfLoveAndGaslight wrote:
good thing I have a Gaslight alert set in my car.
Without wanting to sound like a technophobe or old fart, neither of which i am, (or veer off-topic) what wizardry is this? Can your radio actually tell you when a certain artist is about to come on?

Or have i had a sense of humour bypass?
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:19 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
StateOfLoveAndGaslight wrote:
good thing I have a Gaslight alert set in my car.
Without wanting to sound like a technophobe or old fart, neither of which i am, (or veer off-topic) what wizardry is this? Can your radio actually tell you when a certain artist is about to come on?

Or have i had a sense of humour bypass?

Satellite radio lets you pick a certain band and you'll get a little pop up that lets you switch right to the station that its on. At least my car does (Ford Fusion), but I assume its a pretty universal feature with sat radio.

EDIT: And yeah, it gives you about 10 seconds lead time, so by the time you switch over the song hasn't started yet.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm officially at ease now, I'm going to love this record. I just know it. Really enjoyed both of the songs so far but that was just great! Now im done though until I open up my copy and listen to it from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Wow, that intro. I wouldn't mind if Brian sings a whole album with that voice
Elsie whisper <3
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:30 pm

goosebumps...this is so sad
Back to top Go down
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh man, this is so good. This album is going to be amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 8:26 pm

wow, wonder if it'll make it to radio near me... the only Gaslight song I think they ever played is "45"
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 8:38 pm

I love how Horrible Crowes this sounds Very Happy

flannel wrote:
wow, wonder if it'll make it to radio near me... the only Gaslight song I think they ever played is "45"

Laura, it's CT, if it plays on the radio near you, then they've really hit it big Wink

Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 8:47 pm

It sounds like Gaslight and The Horrible Crowes had a beautiful, perfect baby.

I've called into a few local stations today requesting R&T and this, spreading the word. Had a really good chat about Gaslight with one DJ who is, apparently, a big fan and was extremely amped to hear that Get Hurt is now out in addition to R&T. Hopefully I can get it some local airtime.

Also, have we decided if this is a leak or if they actually want it out in the public?
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Mike_Millburys_Shoe wrote:
Also, have we decided if this is a leak or if they actually want it out in the public?

It was playing on SiriusXM, so I'm guessing it was not a leak.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:08 pm

I hope they put this out on iTunes or someplace soon so 1) I can pay them for this amazing song and 2) we can have a good quality version.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:18 pm

I just heard it.  Shocked in a  Clap  way. That just struck me beyond belief,and raised goosebumps on my arms...
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:10 am

maaaaan this is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PennStateRLZ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 am

I like this. A lot. This is different. This I think shows maturity. I think had this been written for a previous album it would've been mostly acoustic guitar. And any electric would've been clean tone or something like that. The beginning sounds very much like The Horrible Crowes. Can't wait to hear more.

I'm actually really interested in hearing the song they used for the teaser trailer.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:44 am

PennStateRLZ wrote:

I'm actually really interested in hearing the song they used for the teaser trailer.

I was really kind of worried about the teaser song at first, but now I fear nothing. I have complete faith in this band. I have complete faith in this album.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:57 am

The backing vocals on the second verse are so chilling. "All my friends get so low-down"
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 1:05 am

I am so stoked for the new album. Both these songs have sent chills down my spine. I can only imagine was the other 14 songs sound like. So much more new Gaslight music to come!!!!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 1:25 am

Handwritten is my least favorite Gaslight album (I certainly still like it) and I wholeheartedly believe that this will be my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone ) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next